Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Fanfiction & Fanart
Drawing Sailor Moon...Harder than it looks... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darrlena

Friendly Gaian

9,900 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:12 am
my bigggest pronlmes are the feet on and the hands when I do any thing anime
http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/24807195/
User Image

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/24807067/
User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:20 pm
I can never get anime eyes right @_@ I just decided to go for a more realistic look, at least in the eyes. It's not Naoko's style, but a few Manga-ka do it.

Anyway, I'm moving this over to Fanart subforum, since people are using it to show off their art and it's art related. sweatdrop  

Syndrama

Tanith_4486

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:26 am
it is very hard to start drawing. it took me 5-6 years to get my fanart to look decent.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 8:45 pm
aren't you supposed to draw her hair first.  

HEEROFLUFFY

Syndrama

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006 10:08 pm
HEROFLUFFY
aren't you supposed to draw her hair first.

No, hair actually comes last when drawing a head.

The steps are traditionally:

A vertical centerline for the face, a horizontal line for the eye placement and farther down, one for the nosetip and slightly lower, one for the mouth. (Yes, even Naoko does this first, it's evident in the artbook sketches)

Draw the face shape around these lines, then sketch an eyeshape along the eyelines (keeping it centered) and put basic nose and lip shape on the proper lines.

Sketch out the ears and then lightly sketchout the hairline for the bangs and anything that frames the face.

Finally, ink up what you like of your lines and erase all of the sketch and placement lines.

As said before, even Naoko did this when she was figuring out the look of each character. Once she'd taught the lines to her hands' physical memory, she could sketch them out perfectly. It'll take a while to do that though, so use the steps above until you're confident in your skills.

I'd suggest concentrating on separated hands and feet to perfect them, Darre, then you'll have no problem drawing thema ttached to an arm and leg. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006 1:12 am
if you want to try drawing a body , may i suggest some art books to act as a guide?  

Tanith_4486

Sailor Jupitere

PostPosted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 7:39 am
i used to be a sailor moon artist back when i was in school. i haven't drawn her in years though.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 15, 2006 11:12 am
yup its hard at first but once u got it its wonderful and then u can draw anything!  

Miku o Rini

reirei18

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 5:55 pm
watch sailormoon more often and observe the lines and style.. domokun  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 7:02 am
The hardest thing to draw is their fukus. Try practicing a character in the sam position over and over till you think it looks good.  

Damita

Newbie Member

WasabiMonster

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 8:52 am
If it's just generally drawing, then you can get a sketching tutorial for learning to draw, that helped me alot. It teaches you about dementions and stuff, and how to put on paper what you're thinking. But if you have the movies, this could help to:
1) Play one of the films on your tv in a dark room(so you can see the picture better).
2)Pause it at the picture you want, and put a piece of computer paper to the screen and trace it. Then later you can add smaller details and color.
This works best on smaller tvs. Hope that helped! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:31 am
im good at drawing anime like the eyes and everythink but i can't get the hands or mouth right sweatdrop sometimes i do  

meluvtigerz

bunnychan137

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 3:56 pm
i can draw sailor moon give me a few mins to be able to draw right now  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:36 pm
User Image  

bunnychan137

Winxclub1227

PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 10:02 am
bunnychan137
User Image

that's pretty good. i'm a sailor moon artist.  
Fanfiction & Fanart

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff