Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
<.< The world has no respect anymore... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dr Spangle

PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:09 am
Let me start off with a quote from Guatama Siddharta. “Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it.” This is what I have lived by for many years and it has done well with me. I do not trust others well with my inner most self, but I tend to find those whom I can trust. The human race itself has grown ignorant and wants to be completely normal but with that they would halt progress, so let this tell you that you are progress and being normal will kill the earth. So let who you are be free, if they are going to go against you, fight back don't just let them attack you, as Gandhi. "A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history." If you do not understand let my words and the words of the wise linger in your head, it will show you what could be achieved.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:23 am
Great quote. I was raised to believe in god but never went to church and stuff then after some time i eventually questioned many many things and ive never really been open about some things only to people on the internet i can trust and i believe what i will sorta similar to the quote now but it took me a while to get there and the world sickens me but there is still good in it. We just have to notice it.  

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

Gin The Bard

5,750 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:23 am
Wanna listen to something really funny about God? xD... (Im not putting him under anything, for me he's in some way our creator, but its just funny).
From my born XD i've always been curious, and i've always asked everything... you know XD when you'r little you have more things to ask and everybody just answer a lot of things that doesnt have a meaning (Like "The cops will come if you dont go to sleep") But well, i was like 10 years old... and i was talking to a really catholic person, and... i've asked her... "How God opened the sea to let their acolytes cross it?... if he has got all the power, why he didnt help them before?"... and the answer was that... "Because God wants." XDDDDDDD....  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:51 am
I believe most that can be said has been said by now, and all I can tell you is that people are very big of fools. They are scared of anything that is different to them, and they will attack it out of fear, out of hatred for standing out, and most of all, out of the fact that you had the nerve to disrespect the norm of what society tells you is right and wrong.

I have been there, I believe when I was in junior high... which was a bit longer ago than I care to admit, but the fact is that you must not let these things get to you. You could always ignore them, or counter attack in a diplomatic way that ensures they will leave you alone. By this I of course mean bringing up a debate on why they are attacking, and attempting to win your case. The problem is, this does not always work, as with close minded people, opening their eyes to other options is pretty much a lost battle from the start.  

Kitsune Thistletree

furrysnow13

4,100 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:36 am
Fox L
sweatdrop I can't tell you how stressed I am from some things that just happen only days ago.

Ok I'm going to try my best to explain from where it began. I'm sure you all been there dull, boring, nothing to look forward too, been told how to dress, and no hobbies. Well that was me and I am smashed back to that lil piece of nothing.

I spent most of my life trying to find who I am, and trying to find what I can tell people "I am this". I was raised in church and tried doing the christian thing but all I saw was the gossip and back stabbing and judging going on. So I stop going to church. I still believe there is a higher being.

I found anime and that became my hobbie and I still enjoy it. But I can't tell you how much of a hard time I was given for just liking anime. For crying out loud the church i went to was calling Digimon evil because of Angemon and a few others.

And got into furry and wanted to come out about it and I did and I was hound till I had to lie about it and tell everyone I gave it up and that I only like the artwork, Just to get them off my back. It's BS that I can't do what I like anymore because it doesn't make them happy.

What ever happen to treat others how you want to be treated?

seriously?! just tell them stfu, this is my life and this is what i like. who are they to tell you what you like and don't like and what you should and shouldn't be? sure they can give you pointers here and there; weather you listen to them is up to you, but they can't run your life. stay firm about what you enjoy and don't let others change your ways
<3  
Serious discussion & Rants

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces