Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
Fusuits. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Suit up?
  Only if you help me with the zipper.
  That sounds hot, not in the good sense. (Itchy too...)
View Results

Pinoeo

4,600 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:35 am
Starmagic2000
I love seeing peoples reactions to when I walk around
I wear ears, fangs, and a tail.
some little kids are adorable and ask if it's real *giggles*

Aww, that's adorable! XD I don't know weither I'd tell them yes or no, honestly, if put in that position. Which may very well happen, considering I walk around with a pair of cat ears and a tail frequently. Saving up for a convincing pair of fangs!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 04, 2010 1:37 am
The Gilded One
hey guys, I saw this and it made me think of ya.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
At the same time I thought I would ask, what's your opinion on fursuits?
Personally I find them a bit excessive and makes things a bit less realistic in my mind. I can understand having a fursona and wanting to bring it out and act it, but going mascot is a bit too much for me. Though to each their own, I don't condemn it.
sweatdrop Yeah that pic is disturbing. Well I do get what it is trying to say but at the same time it gives people a reason to hate furries.

But however I understand why they ask so much for a fursuit. I've tried to make one before and it takes alot of time to make it. I think it cost me about $300+ to get the stuff to make it. And because of the demand of fursuits, time, cost,and shipping; Is the reason why they ask so much for them.

I never got to finish the suit I started but here is where I went to help me get started.

Matrices

(edit) ok I miss read the post XD sorry

But I like fursuits I want to make them and ware them for fun. I find it to be more of a form of art. I am for fursuits. But I would only use it for cosply and for fun, but nothing other then that.  

Fox L

650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100

Post Rock

6,150 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:48 pm
I agree. with who? i have no idea. the person who said whoever wears fursuits have serious guts. I respect those people more then anyone. They might seem like mascots but to have the balls to go out there and practically advertise your belief among a crowd that is often agressive against such a thing.

Agressive, why tho? Probably because guys running around in sweaty fursuits breaks their false sense of security.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:29 pm
*stretches*
has anyone here ever made their own full bodied fur suit??
I'm moving up from my tails fangs and ears.
I'm not sure how to get started. I want it to look amazing...
not ammature-ish
helps?
*whimpers holding out her paws*

Starmagic2000

Lokoino v2

Shirtless Lover

8,300 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Timid 100
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 12:36 pm
I've got my partial done (head, feet, hands, and tail) and it's a lot of fun to go out randomly in it. Only cost me about $70 bucks for materials and it came out pretty good cool

I see no issue with fursuits, it's just another form of cosplay in a sense, only a little itchy. Halloween is a great time to go out if you don't want to be bashed on, everyone seems to love fursuiters on halloween.

And I've found that people have less of a problem with furries when they have clothes over their suit.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:50 pm
Not a big fan of the suits. I'll do the ears, tail and some other stuff, but not the suit.  

siaskain

3,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

cajunantichrist

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:12 pm
no, too hot, sweaty, plus I might end up ruining it accedently. not woth the time and money.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:40 am
I'm actually trying to get into making fursuits. I love them, although I don't have one of my own. When they are built/made well and correctly, they don't even look like mascot suits IMO.  

Kartina_KittyKat

FANGwoof

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:22 pm
Starmagic2000

I had gotten at a Renaissance Fair
That's exactly where I got my tail, though if I remember correctly it only cost me $12 (I went to the one near Harrisburg). I'm still looking for a pair of ears though. I bought a pair of the ones that are on hair clips but they're too small to be wolf ears and they're black unlike my tail, which my fursona's a dark gray wolf but I'd at least like ears that match the tail.

As for fursuits, I quite like them. I'd get one myself if they weren't so expensive. I don't think I'd wear it regularly like some people but I'd probably bring it out on Halloween or if I went to some kind of convention.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 1:34 pm
FANGwoof
That's exactly where I got my tail, though if I remember correctly it only cost me $12 (I went to the one near Harrisburg). I'm still looking for a pair of ears though. I bought a pair of the ones that are on hair clips but they're too small to be wolf ears and they're black unlike my tail, which my fursona's a dark gray wolf but I'd at least like ears that match the tail.

As for fursuits, I quite like them. I'd get one myself if they weren't so expensive. I don't think I'd wear it regularly like some people but I'd probably bring it out on Halloween or if I went to some kind of convention.

I have dark grey fur. i can make you Wolf ears on clips to match your tail. If you're interested, send me a PM  

Kartina_KittyKat

the_amazing_sina-chan

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 2:58 pm
I don't think I would ever wear a suit. Too much trouble. I'll stick to ears and tail.

But I do like seeing other people wearing suits. Some people get so in to character, and they're really entertaining. biggrin  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:23 pm
Im actually working on getting my cheetah fursuit.
Paying for it is rough.  

Kashinami-chan

Sinbane

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:27 pm
User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:14 pm
@Kartina_KittyKat
Thanks for the offer but I'm going to try to make the ears as a little arts and crafts project for myself. All I need to do is find natural-colored fur since the tail is natural.

@Sinbane
Wow! Did you make that or is it commissioned? Either way it's gorgeous! :3  

FANGwoof

Serious discussion & Rants

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out