Reply ~Ancient Scrolls~
Am I a bad Christian? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

-xAngel of Redemptionx-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 8:54 am
VK- Actually what Shadow does say is taught by the catholic church as well, except that it only applies to those who have not heard God's word.

And as VK says, fortune telling, all of it, it's a sin.

Ambrosia- I'm going into engineering, science is perfectly valid, frankly i find it helps explain the Bible more than hurt it (see Big Bang Theory which i am a supporter of)

Also VK, don't lump the Muslims in with the rest, they actually believe Christ is the messiah, and he is considered to be a great prophet by them (albeit, not as the Son of God, nor is he greater than Mohamed apologies if i misspelled the name).

And to you Heart, we've all fallen short of the Glory of God, we all sin.

Also my personal view, psychics are a bunch of idiots looking to make a quick buck. I try to put more faith in God than in science, but science does have a habit of trying to replace the Lord.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:10 am
@VK-I would provide scriptures, but you would not accept all of them because they're not all from the Bible, so I don't want to waste my time. And the ones that were out of the Bible would probably be brushed off as being miscontrued and taken out of context.

@Angel- The Catholic Church teaches that it's impossible to sin or be saved in ignorance (which is basically what I was getting at.)  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

-xAngel of Redemptionx-

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:17 am
Shadows-shine
@VK-I would provide scriptures, but you would not accept all of them because they're not all from the Bible, so I don't want to waste my time. And the ones that were out of the Bible would probably be brushed off as being miscontrued and taken out of context.

@Angel- The Catholic Church teaches that it's impossible to sin or be saved in ignorance (which is basically what I was getting at.)

Incorrect, Catholicism teaches that those who have not heard the Word can still be saved, as the Lord speaks to them through their conscience.

and to sin or be saved in ignorance? do enlighten me, please  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:21 am
If the Book of Mormon has scriptures that teach these things you said, I'd like to see them. Bring out your Bible ones too. We'll discuss them.  

rosadria
Crew

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:55 am
@VK- Okay. I will go look up my scriptures when I have a spare minute today ( I am running like crazy right now) and post the things that I am referring to out of the Four Standard Works of the Church (which would be Bible, Book of Mormon, Doctrine and Covenants, and Pearl of Great Price)

@Angel-That's what I was saying. The LDS Church teaches that those who have don't know the Lord still have a chance to be "saved".

If you don't know the Lord or what His expectations are, you are therefore in ignorance. You have to have some knowledge of Him to be "saved" or to be damned, do you not? So if some one never knew the Lord then I don't think they will be held accountable. As with sinning, if they don't know the difference between right and wrong, or if they didn't know what they did or said was wrong, can they be held accountable for it and still have a just and fair judgement?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:15 am
Ah i must have misread your post, my apologies
It does make sense from a logical perspective  

-xAngel of Redemptionx-

R0bot0

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:37 am
-xAngel of Redemptionx-
Ambrosia- I'm going into engineering, science is perfectly valid, frankly i find it helps explain the Bible more than hurt it (see Big Bang Theory which i am a supporter of)

I didn't mean that I don't believe in science, and I believe the same as you about that theory. Science is just too young to explain absolutely everything spiritual or none spiritual. Yes, science actually supports it, and revalidates the wonderful Creation of God.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:40 am
Here you go VK....

D&C 131:6
6 It is impossible for a man to be saved in ignorance.
Here is the one I am referring to about being saved in ignorance (see the explanation in my previous post)

D&C 136:32
32 Let him that is ignorant learn wisdom by humbling himself and calling upon the Lord his God, that his eyes may be opened that he may see, and his ears opened that he may hear;

This goes hand in hand with Revelation 3:22; James 1:5 and a few others that I can list if you'd like

3 Nephi 6:18
18 Now they did not sin ignorantly, for they knew the will of God concerning them, for it had been taught unto them; therefore they did wilfully rebel against God.

These go hand in hand with it being impossible to be saved in ignorance. You have to know God's commandments and His expectations before He calls it a sin.

See Pslams 33:15; 62:12; Proverbs 24:12 for references as to where God considers all of mans works. He does, whether they knew Christ or accepted Him or not, God is still going to look at their works and consider them, and reward them accordingly.

Also Mosiah 3:24 And thus saith the Lord: They shall stand as a bright testimony against this people, at the judgment day; whereof they shall be judged, every man according to his works, whether they be good, or whether they be evil.
This emphasizes that God will judge people according to works, Christians and non Christians a like.

Titus 1:16 emphasizes my point about some non Christians being better than some Christians. Where they know Christ but their works show differently.

I also want to throw James 2, just because it's necessary to have works to show faith, otherwise it's just lip service.

The one with the Jews accepting Christ as Lord is fulfilled with the scripture (I cannot think of it off the top of my head) It says that every knee shall bow and every tongue confess that He is Lord. I will have to do some more digging, but I know I found a prophecy in my scriptures that talk about the Jews accepting Him as the Messiah as well. I can reference ones about them being the Chosen People if you want?

Is there any thing else from my post that you wanted me to clarify and back up with scriptures or did I pretty much cover it? Just let me know.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:45 pm
-xAngel of Redemptionx-

Also VK, don't lump the Muslims in with the rest, they actually believe Christ is the messiah, and he is considered to be a great prophet by them (albeit, not as the Son of God, nor is he greater than Mohamed apologies if i misspelled the name).

Slow down there, Angel. I've studied Islam.
They do not believe Christ is the Messiah.
They believe He was a prophet, so loved by God that He was taken up and another man was put on the cross instead of Him.
They don't believe He was the Messiah, though.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:50 pm
Scarlet_Teardrops
-xAngel of Redemptionx-

Slow down there, Angel. I've studied Islam.
They do not believe Christ is the Messiah.
They believe He was a prophet, so loved by God that He was taken up and another man was put on the cross instead of Him.
They don't believe He was the Messiah, though.

*shrug* I'll trust you on this one i know next to nothing about islam (or rather, i retain next to nothing x.x)  

-xAngel of Redemptionx-

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:55 pm
Shadows-shine
Those that are of other faiths, that do not fall under "Christian" can be and some are better than Christians. They are some times nicer, more accepting, more loving, and less judgemental. (Just throwing that out there.)

God knows every one hearts, He knows every ones thoughts and intents, so don't you think that regardless of what your "title" is, He is going to judge you according to your fruits that you produce. Not every one who has faith in Christ puts forth good fruits or good works, just like not every one who does not have faith in Christ puts forth bad fruits or bad works. You don't have to be a Christian to be a good person, just like you don't have to be some other religion to be a bad person!

I dont think God divides people so black and white when He judges them. That would be unjust. They are judged for what they knew, what they understood. If some one didn't know the difference between right and wrong, and did not have a testimony of Christ, but still loved his neighbour as himself, practiced the golden rule, etc. during his mortal life, I feel God will take that in account on Judgement Day.

The Jews are God's chosen people. Prophecy says they will accept Christ when He returns in power and glory.

And I don't find it fair of any one to say that some one is going to hell at this point in time just because they do or do not do any one thing or what ever. That is not our place as humans. We are not the Ultimate Judge! That is left to Heavenly Father. Let Him say who is going to hell and who is not! We can say who is the wrong, but by turning around and adding "because they are in the wrong, they go to hell" is not our place! We cannot condemn!

To the first statement: they are only better than false Christians.

Nothing beats the Holy Spirit, and if you are filled with the goodness of the Holy Spirit, truly filled, these things will come to you. You'll make mistakes, sure.

The problem is, Shadow, is that people who sin and don't ask for forgiveness will have all those sins weighted against them. And no sin can enter through the gates of heaven. So they will not be able to get into heaven.

If you truly have faith in Christ, you will put forth good fruits and good works. Because it's impossible not to if you truly believe. The Holy Spirit grows them.

People of other religions can be great, outstanding people. But they still have their sins, all of them, upon their soul. And without Jesus Christ they cannot be cleansed of these sins. So they cannot enter into heaven.

Unfortunately, and I hate to say this, but just because you think something is true doesn't mean it is. There are people who think that God doesn't exist. But He still exists. So you can't base any judgments on what you think. You have to go by the Scriptures. The same goes with you not finding things fair. It doesn't really matter if you don't find it fair that, if you stay in water long enough, you'll eventually drown. The fact is that you will drown. What you think or find fair is your opinion and outside of fact.

And yes, God will take good deeds into account. But if people still have sin on them because they never accepted Jesus Christ, they can't enter through the gates of heaven.

To say that people who don't believe in Christ will go to hell is not necessarily condemning them. It's merely pointing out the fact that, if you don't get cleansed of sin, you can't get into heaven.

To condemn is to say that somebody is a maggot filled puss ball because he/she committed a sin. We can't do that.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:00 pm
XSK Ambrosia
-xAngel of Redemptionx-

I didn't mean that I don't believe in science, and I believe the same as you about that theory. Science is just too young to explain absolutely everything spiritual or none spiritual. Yes, science actually supports it, and revalidates the wonderful Creation of God.

Again, misread man, sorry. Also agreed, science can't explain some things. It can't explain emotions in my book, or sentience. Those are gifts from the Lord.  

-xAngel of Redemptionx-

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:13 pm
Scarlet_Teardrops

Maybe, maybe not. I know some truly devoted Christians, but they do not show forth love and kindness, but rather biases and prejudices against those who are different.

Quote:
Nothing beats the Holy Spirit, and if you are filled with the goodness of the Holy Spirit, truly filled, these things will come to you. You'll make mistakes, sure.

This I know.

Quote:
The problem is, Shadow, is that people who sin and don't ask for forgiveness will have all those sins weighted against them. And no sin can enter through the gates of heaven. So they will not be able to get into heaven.

The gates of Heaven is the Celestial Kingdom. I know that only the devout believers, those who have repented of their sins, obeyed all of Christ's commandments, and endured to the end will be there. But I don't think God is going to damn some one to hell and eternal torment because they forgot to repent about the lie they told their parents when they were 16 or some thing like that.

Quote:
If you truly have faith in Christ, you will put forth good fruits and good works. Because it's impossible not to if you truly believe. The Holy Spirit grows them.

Yes I know. I am just stating that there are people out there that do not believe in Christ and do not have the Holy Ghost that put forth good works and good fruits. I am getting the sense that some people think (I am not pointing fingers here, so please don't take it that way), that Christian = Good and non Christian = Bad. I look at the quote that goes "The world isn't divided into good and evil. We all have some light and some darkness in us, but it's up to us to decide which one will rule." Non Christians do show forth light too and some times it shines brighter than Christian's light.

Quote:
People of other religions can be great, outstanding people. But they still have their sins, all of them, upon their soul. And without Jesus Christ they cannot be cleansed of these sins. So they cannot enter into heaven.
Again I know, but I don't think that good, outstanding people will condemned to hell. Especially because to commit a sin, you must know the will of God and His expectations.

Quote:
Unfortunately, and I hate to say this, but just because you think something is true doesn't mean it is. There are people who think that God doesn't exist. But He still exists. So you can't base any judgments on what you think. You have to go by the Scriptures. The same goes with you not finding things fair. It doesn't really matter if you don't find it fair that, if you stay in water long enough, you'll eventually drown. The fact is that you will drown. What you think or find fair is your opinion and outside of fact.
I have found scriptures and I have posted them. If you want me to find more I will. I am only posting what the Holy Ghost puts on my heart here.

Quote:
And yes, God will take good deeds into account. But if people still have sin on them because they never accepted Jesus Christ, they can't enter through the gates of heaven.
Sure, but do they deserve hell just because they didn't have Jesus Christ? Christ said that the only way to the Father (the Celestial Kingdom) was through Him. He didn't mean that every one else, regardless went to hell. That would make God unjust.

Quote:
To say that people who don't believe in Christ will go to hell is not necessarily condemning them. It's merely pointing out the fact that, if you don't get cleansed of sin, you can't get into heaven.

I see it as condemnation, because you have put their fate on their head with out knowing their situation, their lifestyle, their knowledge, etc. Telling some one who does not believe in Christ, like the Jews for example, that they are going to hell is condemnation. We can't tell some one they are going to hell for their sins when we are just as guilty. I believe Jesus put it, before you talk about the sliver in your brother's eye, take the beam out of yours. I also believe it ties in with the "He who is without sin cast the first stone." Correct some one who is in the wrong in a gentle loving way..."You're wrong because of such and such a reason...." but dont tack on the phrase "or you're going to hell." How discouraging. Hell it seems has become something of a fear tactic.

[quoteTo condemn is to say that somebody is a maggot filled puss ball because he/she committed a sin. We can't do that.
That's also being harsh and a bigot in my eyes, but yes in a sense that is condemning, but it looks more like hypocritical judgement.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:34 pm
Shadows-shine
Scarlet_Teardrops

Maybe, maybe not. I know some truly devoted Christians, but they do not show forth love and kindness, but rather biases and prejudices against those who are different.

Quote:

This I know.

Quote:

The gates of Heaven is the Celestial Kingdom. I know that only the devout believers, those who have repented of their sins, obeyed all of Christ's commandments, and endured to the end will be there. But I don't think God is going to damn some one to hell and eternal torment because they forgot to repent about the lie they told their parents when they were 16 or some thing like that.

Quote:

Yes I know. I am just stating that there are people out there that do not believe in Christ and do not have the Holy Ghost that put forth good works and good fruits. I am getting the sense that some people think (I am not pointing fingers here, so please don't take it that way), that Christian = Good and non Christian = Bad. I look at the quote that goes "The world isn't divided into good and evil. We all have some light and some darkness in us, but it's up to us to decide which one will rule." Non Christians do show forth light too and some times it shines brighter than Christian's light.

Quote:
Again I know, but I don't think that good, outstanding people will condemned to hell. Especially because to commit a sin, you must know the will of God and His expectations.

Quote:
I have found scriptures and I have posted them. If you want me to find more I will. I am only posting what the Holy Ghost puts on my heart here.

Quote:
Sure, but do they deserve hell just because they didn't have Jesus Christ? Christ said that the only way to the Father (the Celestial Kingdom) was through Him. He didn't mean that every one else, regardless went to hell. That would make God unjust.

Quote:

I see it as condemnation, because you have put their fate on their head with out knowing their situation, their lifestyle, their knowledge, etc. Telling some one who does not believe in Christ, like the Jews for example, that they are going to hell is condemnation. We can't tell some one they are going to hell for their sins when we are just as guilty. I believe Jesus put it, before you talk about the sliver in your brother's eye, take the beam out of yours. I also believe it ties in with the "He who is without sin cast the first stone." Correct some one who is in the wrong in a gentle loving way..."You're wrong because of such and such a reason...." but dont tack on the phrase "or you're going to hell." How discouraging. Hell it seems has become something of a fear tactic.

[quoteTo condemn is to say that somebody is a maggot filled puss ball because he/she committed a sin. We can't do that.
That's also being harsh and a bigot in my eyes, but yes in a sense that is condemning, but it looks more like hypocritical judgement.

Hmm...strictly speaking you might be correct about the Christians and love. We do all have our problems, and non-believers CAN be more loving than some Christians, but that's because those Christians have trouble with that.

It isn't about repenting for every single little sin. That's stupid. It comes through declaring Christ as your Lord and Savior. Then all of your sins are forgiven and, if you truly believe in Christ, you will live your best according to Christ's ways. There is only heaven and hell.

And if a person knows God and still commits a sin, whether he/she lives a good life or not, he/she will go to hell because he/she cannot enter heaven because he/she has not been cleansed of sin. It comes through faith in Jesus Christ.

And everyone else going to hell would make God unjust...why? Because they chose to go to hell? That doesn't make God unjust. If you don't have faith in Christ you go to hell. You've chosen not to be with God, so you won't be. There is only heaven and hell. There's not some place in between. Your beliefs seem to be influenced partially by several ancient religious systems that suggested that only "holy holy" people go to heaven, most people go to some gray area in between, and then everyone who is wicked goes to some bad place. This is especially true of Greek mythology.

There is heaven and there is hell.

It doesn't matter what their situation or lifestyle is. If they don't have Christ and they die they're going to go to hell. Just because we disagree with something or think it's unfair doesn't mean it is. God is holy, and God is just. His ways are perfect. So if He says "you go to hell because you've not been cleansed of your sin through Jesus Christ" then you go to hell. End of story.

Jesus uses speck and log in my version. But yes, I agree. At the same time, it is fact that people who do not have Christ will go to hell. It doesn't matter what we want or think is fair.

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:24 pm
Scarlet_Teardrops

Hmm...strictly speaking you might be correct about the Christians and love. We do all have our problems, and non-believers CAN be more loving than some Christians, but that's because those Christians have trouble with that.

Agreed.

Quote:
It isn't about repenting for every single little sin. That's stupid. It comes through declaring Christ as your Lord and Savior. Then all of your sins are forgiven and, if you truly believe in Christ, you will live your best according to Christ's ways. There is only heaven and hell.

You must repent though! You have to take that step to repent. Christ's atonement for your sins does no good unless you have accepted its power in your life, that entails repenting. The only thing from Christ dying on the cross that automatically takes effect is that every one will be resurrected. But the rest, the ball is left in our court to decide to accept it. Just because we say we accept Christ does not make every bad thing automatically forgiven or wiped away, we have to ask for it to be removed and ask to be forgiven. It goes along with "ask and thou shalt be given, knock and the door will be opened".

Quote:
And if a person knows God and still commits a sin, whether he/she lives a good life or not, he/she will go to hell because he/she cannot enter heaven because he/she has not been cleansed of sin. It comes through faith in Jesus Christ.
Then your point that you made about having to repent of every little sin is made void by this statement.

Quote:
And everyone else going to hell would make God unjust...why? Because they chose to go to hell? That doesn't make God unjust. If you don't have faith in Christ you go to hell. You've chosen not to be with God, so you won't be. There is only heaven and hell. There's not some place in between. Your beliefs seem to be influenced partially by several ancient religious systems that suggested that only "holy holy" people go to heaven, most people go to some gray area in between, and then everyone who is wicked goes to some bad place. This is especially true of Greek mythology.
Or was the Greek Mythology influenced by the beliefs that the LDS church teaches. The principles of Christianity have been around since God established a covenant with Adam and Eve.

Quote:
There is heaven and there is hell.

If you are referring to there is one degree of Heaven, then you are not correct. 1 Corinthians talks about the different glories in Heaven. Paul also talks about a third Heaven. I can reference other scriptures that talk about the various degrees of Heaven. So there are the "inbetween places" between God's kingdom and outer darkness. And hell, in a sense, is outerdarkness, but it can also be looked at as the telestial glory, where you are cut off from God the Father and His Son for eternity, but not condemn to where Perdition and his sons are sent (outer darkness). Hell in the sense that sheol is defined is only a place of spirits, it's temporary. That is a Jewish teaching and embraced by the LDS. Outer darkness is the eternal torment, where the weeping and gnashing of teeth are.

Here are my scripture references about the Celestial Glory. I will expound on them or quote them in full if you need me to.

1 Cor. 15: 40 glory of the celestial is one.
2 Cor. 12: 2 such an one caught up to the third heaven.
D&C 76: 70 they whose bodies are celestial.
D&C 76: 92 we saw the glory of the celestial.
D&C 78: 7 give unto you a place in the celestial world.
D&C 88: 4 eternal life, even the glory of the celestial kingdom.
D&C 88: 18 it may be prepared for the celestial glory.
D&C 88: 22 not able to abide the law of a celestial kingdom cannot abide a celestial glory.
D&C 93: 22 begotten through me are partakers of the glory.
D&C 101: 65 be crowned with celestial glory.
D&C 131: 1 In the celestial glory there are three heavens.
D&C 132: 19 glory shall be a fulness and a continuation of the seeds.
D&C 137: 1 I beheld the celestial kingdom of God.
Moses 6: 59 eternal life in the world to come, even immortal glory.
JS-H 1: 17 whose brightness and glory defy all description.

Here is some expanation on Heaven, so I don't butcher it any

Quote:
In the scriptures, the word "heaven" is used in two basic ways. First, it refers to the place where God lives, which is the ultimate home of the faithful (see Mosiah 2:41). Second, it refers to the expanse around the earth (see Genesis 1:1).

Also
Quote:
Through the Atonement of Jesus Christ, all people will be resurrected. After we are resurrected, we will stand before the Lord to be judged according to our desires and actions. Each of us will accordingly receive an eternal dwelling place in a specific kingdom of glory. The Lord taught this principle when He said, "In my Father's house are many mansions" (John 14:2).

Then there is this
Quote:
There are three kingdoms of glory: the celestial kingdom, the terrestrial kingdom, and the telestial kingdom. The glory we inherit will depend on the depth of our conversion, expressed by our obedience to the Lord's commandments. It will depend on the manner in which we have "received the testimony of Jesus" (D&C 76:51; see also D&C 76:74, 79, 101).

Celestial Kingdom

The celestial kingdom is the highest of the three kingdoms of glory. Those in this kingdom will dwell forever in the presence of God the Father and His Son Jesus Christ. This should be your goal: to inherit celestial glory and to help others receive that great blessing as well. Such a goal is not achieved in one attempt; it is the result of a lifetime of righteousness and constancy of purpose.

The celestial kingdom is the place prepared for those who have "received the testimony of Jesus" and been "made perfect through Jesus the mediator of the new covenant, who wrought out this perfect atonement through the shedding of his own blood" (D&C 76:51, 69). To inherit this gift, we must receive the ordinances of salvation, keep the commandments, and repent of our sins. For a detailed explanation of those who will inherit celestial glory, see Doctrine and Covenants 76:50–70; 76:92–96.

In January 1836 the Prophet Joseph Smith received a revelation that expanded his understanding of the requirements to inherit celestial glory. The heavens were opened to him, and he saw the celestial kingdom. He marveled when he saw his older brother Alvin there, even though Alvin had died before receiving the ordinance of baptism. (See D&C 137:1–6.) Then the voice of the Lord came to the Prophet Joseph:

"All who have died without a knowledge of this gospel, who would have received it if they had been permitted to tarry, shall be heirs of the celestial kingdom of God; "Also all that shall die henceforth without a knowledge of it, who would have received it with all their hearts, shall be heirs of that kingdom;

"For I, the Lord, will judge all men according to their works, according to the desire of their hearts" (D&C 137:7–9).

Commenting on this revelation, the Prophet Joseph said, "I also beheld that all children who die before they arrive at the years of accountability are saved in the celestial kingdom of heaven" (D&C 137:10).

From another revelation to the Prophet Joseph, we learn that there are three degrees within the celestial kingdom. To be exalted in the highest degree and continue eternally in family relationships, we must enter into "the new and everlasting covenant of marriage" and be true to that covenant. In other words, temple marriage is a requirement for obtaining the highest degree of celestial glory. (See D&C 131:1–4.) All who are worthy to enter into the new and everlasting covenant of marriage will have that opportunity, whether in this life or the next.

Terrestrial Kingdom

Those who inherit terrestrial glory will "receive of the presence of the Son, but not of the fulness of the Father. Wherefore, they are bodies terrestrial, and not bodies celestial, and differ in glory as the moon differs from the sun" (D&C 76:77–7 cool . Generally speaking, individuals in the terrestrial kingdom will be honorable people "who were blinded by the craftiness of men" (D&C 76:75). This group will include members of the Church who were "not valiant in the testimony of Jesus" (D&C 76:79). It will also include those who rejected the opportunity to receive the gospel in mortality but who later received it in the postmortal spirit world (see D&C 76:73–74). To learn more about those who will inherit terrestrial glory, see Doctrine and Covenants 76:71–80, 91, 97.

Telestial Kingdom

Telestial glory will be reserved for individuals who "received not the gospel of Christ, neither the testimony of Jesus" (D&C 76:82). These individuals will receive their glory after being redeemed from spirit prison, which is sometimes called hell (see D&C 76:84, D&C 76:106). A detailed explanation of those who will inherit telestial glory is found in Doctrine and Covenants 76:81–90, 98–106, 109–112.

Perdition

Some people will not be worthy to dwell in any kingdom of glory. They will be called "the sons of perdition" and will have to "abide a kingdom which is not a kingdom of glory" (D&C 76:32; 88:24). This will be the state of "those who know [God's] power, and have been made partakers thereof, and suffered themselves through the power of the devil to be overcome, and to deny the truth and defy [God's] power" (D&C 76:31; see also D&C 76:30, 32–49).

And here is a better explanation about how the LDS view hell:

Quote:
Latter-day revelations speak of hell in at least two ways. First, it is another name for spirit prison, a temporary place in the postmortal world for those who died without a knowledge of the truth or those who were disobedient in mortality. Second, it is the permanent location of Satan and his followers and the sons of perdition, who are not redeemed by the Atonement of Jesus Christ.

And
Quote:
Spirit prison is a temporary state in which spirits will be taught the gospel and have the opportunity to repent and accept ordinances of salvation that are performed for them in temples (see D&C 138:30–35). Those who accept the gospel may dwell in paradise until the Resurrection. After they are resurrected and judged, they will receive the degree of glory of which they are worthy. Those who choose not to repent but who are not sons of perdition will remain in spirit prison until the end of the Millennium, when they will be freed from hell and punishment and be resurrected to a telestial glory (see D&C 76:81–85).

Those who are not redeemed by the Atonement are in outer darkness, which is the dwelling place of the devil, his angels, and the sons of perdition (see D&C 29:36–38; 76:28–33). Sons of perdition are those who receive "no forgiveness in this world nor in the world to come—having denied the Holy Spirit after having received it, and having denied the Only Begotten Son of the Father, having crucified him unto themselves and put him to an open shame" (D&C 76:34-35; see also D&C 76:31–33, 36–37). Such individuals will not inherit a place in any kingdom of glory; for them the conditions of hell remain (see D&C 76:38; 88:24, 32).

Quote:
It doesn't matter what their situation or lifestyle is. If they don't have Christ and they die they're going to go to hell. Just because we disagree with something or think it's unfair doesn't mean it is. God is holy, and God is just. His ways are perfect. So if He says "you go to hell because you've not been cleansed of your sin through Jesus Christ" then you go to hell. End of story.
Okay...

Quote:
Jesus uses speck and log in my version. But yes, I agree. At the same time, it is fact that people who do not have Christ will go to hell. It doesn't matter what we want or think is fair.

I have already addressed this.  
~Ancient Scrolls~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces