Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guild

Back to Guilds

Help, tips, and conversations on CoD:MW2. 

Tags: call of duty, modern warfare, cod mw2, xbox, playstation 

Reply The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guild
How is Skill Determined? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

CircaNineOne

PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 10:38 pm
Thank you! At least some people see that "Skill" is a generic term for d**k measuring...  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:03 pm
Skill:

1. Good K/D ratio = over 1.0 very good if its 1.5+
2. You have a good Win/Loss ratio
3. You go positive at least by 1 kill every match
4. If you are able to place in the Top 3 top scores in a team based objective game.

Endito

3,100 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200

Doug Squared
Captain

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2010 11:59 pm
KD is nothing. Stats are nothing.

No one is going to say "I seen a guy with 5.60 KD yesterday."

There going to say, "That mother ******** just took out 5 guys with a throwing knife and a riot shield."

It's all about how you preform in public.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 1:07 am
Niqhtz
Skill:

4. If you are able to place in the Top 3 top scores in a team based objective game.

1. Obsolete due to boosters.
2. Join at the end of a game, and you lose, vice-versa. Obsolete.
3. Camp, kill 1 person, hide the rest of the game. Obsolete.
4. Facing noobs, or your team is really good at dying. Obsolete.

All of your arguments are Obsolete, my friend.  

CircaNineOne

Treythebest_11

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:34 pm
ElementPro
Niqhtz
Skill:

Your completly right I faced my friends in a free for all match that had a kill rank of 175 thousand and they llost to me.
Hm serves them right they must camp a bunch or boost.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 5:53 pm
I base skill on how well you handle a situation. Are you constantly (and legitimately) outsmarting and thus killing your opponents, or are you always being killed everywhere you turn? Are you causing your team to get kills, or be killed? Your approach on every situation is what determines skill.
As far as other mentioned ways to determine.
K/D Ratio - Noob-Tubers and people spawning you in front of someone else sights will reduce your K/D. Does that now mean you suck because you have a lower K/D?
Win or Lose - I have been in, and thus know many of you have, games where you have people misfire a noob tube and get half your team killed, or they all run off and get killed. Then it comes down to 6v1. If you lose because of that, do you suck?  

Sir Krishna

Endito

3,100 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:43 pm
ElementPro
Niqhtz
Skill:

Most of these are rare. .-. They barely happen to the extent that would make them obsolete. Meh, I barely run across any of these things anyway.

S/N: Um, riot shields are noob tactics. No skill related to knife while having a shield. Lame.

Anything can be obsolete when talking about skill. It all is based on a matter of opinion. Different people think skill comes from doing noob things, some just go around and just play the game very good. Eh... I know I have skill, so bleh.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2010 10:05 pm
idk with u guys but how i settle whos better or so is playing with each other and see who has the best k/d cuz i dont like 1v1 cuz some ppl would prefer qs but i prefer k/d.  

Kid Renegade
Vice Captain

O.G. Sex Symbol

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Popular Thread 100

Doug Squared
Captain

6,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:03 am
Niqhtz
ElementPro
Niqhtz
Skill:

Most of these are rare. .-. They barely happen to the extent that would make them obsolete. Meh, I barely run across any of these things anyway.

S/N: Um, riot shields are noob tactics. No skill related to knife while having a shield. Lame.

Anything can be obsolete when talking about skill. It all is based on a matter of opinion. Different people think skill comes from doing noob things, some just go around and just play the game very good. Eh... I know I have skill, so bleh.

No. Riot shields do require skill. I doubt you ever went positive in SAD with one. Anyone can take one out very easily.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 3:04 am
Well for me Skills are factored into these catagories:

1) Adaptivity: How well can you act during multiple situations, when you die, you get a kill cam on how they kill you, if there's a sniper, and you're middle range you either go sniper as well or you noob tube the crap out of the guy. If there's any air support you either switch with Cold Blooded and kill the air support, kill it without cold blooded, or hide until it ends. If you can adapt into any situation you'll succeed.

2) Equipment: How your setup's working for you. All in all, It's based on experimentation on how well you can fire and aim. Once you find a gun that you think is good, use it and get better at it. I Rock with the FAL, UMP45, 50. Cal, WA 2000, AUG, and Any type of handgun.

3) Reflexes: If you have good reflexes you'll pretty much own, see a guy rushing towards you, knife the SOB, out of ammo in your primary? Switch to your second, have a quick finger? use it for semi-autos.

4) Instincts: Listen to your gut at times; if you sense that there's a guy in a building, throw a flash or stun, if you think that the area's not safe, reload after a kill if your clip's less then half. if you think there's a sniper around the area, then there probably is one. If you think that the other players know where you are and they'll be traveling in packs, switch it up a bit and run somewhere else. Just listen to your instincts and it can guide you to the right path.

5) Teamwork: I know that It's hard to team up with other players you don't know, but it's good if you do the buddy system once in awhile; if he dies then you know the enemies are at or if there's a group of people hiding you can ambush them. It's probably better if you play with friends

6) Practice: They say that Practice makes perfect, so if you get discouraged by your K/D Ratio, then practice by doing online sessions, you won't get skills if you won't practice, it's better to fall down and rise back up stronger and better then lie in defeat.

7) Tactics: If you have a friend by your side you can discuss on how to get kills, for me when I play with friends, I usually go up front and personal with either my UMP45 and generate distortion within the other team, for some reason it works.

As of right now my KDR's 1.90 and I usually have positive scores, but who gives a crap? I don't. I play for skills and with friends.

@ElementPro

I got my a** handled by a marine once, but he told me that for an 18 year old I had the skills of a veteran, And Its kind of true. . . If it weren't for the Nuke Boosters, Noob tubers, Aug Hbars, Back stabbers with Marathon, Cold blooded, and Ninja Pro. Seriously, I really hate the Clan v3; if you had a session with them watch your backs; they have ninja pro, Marathon pro and Cold blooded Pro, yeah and they said I have no skillz. . . Well if they weren't too busy having a gay orgy and stabbing us in the ******** back and actually fight like a man instead of going for the p***y kills maybe I'll believe that!

One day when I see those v3 faggots I'll ******** copycat their classes and just run around; stabbing them in the backs saying "WHAT NOW I GUESS YOU'RE TOO BUSY ******** EACH OTHER IN THE ******** a** TO WATCH YOUR OWN a**!"

Phew. . . Okay got that out of my system.

Sorry about that. . . I usually don't lose my cool like that, but Seriously, the only skillz they have are back stabs. I bet they can shoot a gun right in the game.

no offense to the people who are in v3 in this guild.  

blue-alien

Sir Krishna

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:25 am
Quote:
I got my a** handled by a marine once, but he told me that for an 18 year old I had the skills of a veteran, And Its kind of true. . . If it weren't for the Nuke Boosters, Noob tubers, Aug Hbars, Back stabbers with Marathon, Cold blooded, and Ninja Pro. Seriously, I really hate the Clan v3; if you had a session with them watch your backs; they have ninja pro, Marathon pro and Cold blooded Pro, yeah and they said I have no skillz. . . Well if they weren't too busy having a gay orgy and stabbing us in the ******** back and actually fight like a man instead of going for the p***y kills maybe I'll believe that!

Actually, that in itself can take some skill. I love running around knifing people. Its not exactly the easiest thing to sneak up on people and get kills, when they are shooting at you from across the map. Is it annoying when your on the sharp end of the knife? Yes. Does that mean it takes no skill? No.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:27 pm
You cant get all stars on your own. Some need to be played with a friend.
ninja  

4 Ever Silent

4,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100

blue-alien

PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:31 pm
Sir Krishna
Quote:

Actually, that in itself can take some skill. I love running around knifing people. Its not exactly the easiest thing to sneak up on people and get kills, when they are shooting at you from across the map. Is it annoying when your on the sharp end of the knife? Yes. Does that mean it takes no skill? No.

I know me too, but it's the way on how they act in-game.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:05 pm
blue-alien
Sir Krishna
Quote:

I know me too, but it's the way on how they act in-game.

All is fair in war, you can't blame someone for using cheap tactics. It's a matter of survival and you do whatever it takes to survive.  

Moonlight Resonance

Greedy Capitalist

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100

Kid Renegade
Vice Captain

O.G. Sex Symbol

8,100 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 5:02 pm
Hey guys i was playing s&d and i went into a 1v6 sitution. prestige lobby << >>
I knifed the whole entire team. It felt good cuz at the end everyone was like ooooooooooo! I like the presure in 1v6 situations cool  
The Official Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff