Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
This is how it should be...lol Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

gold
  poll
View Results

xX Catgirl - Pierce Xx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:46 am
Indeed,

All the higher-ups in the government are to blaim for the societies woes.

Even the soldiers that serve them are treated like disposable clones.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:08 pm
Well, I wouldn't say ALL of society's woes, but certainly a lot.  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xX Catgirl - Pierce Xx

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 2:45 pm
ok...

Most...

The rest is caused by people that are warmongers and those that want a more militaristic government. (it has too much control right now)

Ben Franklin... "Those that sacrifice freedom for security, deserve neither"  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 6:35 am
Hey, I'M the one who quotes famous people. mad  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xX Catgirl - Pierce Xx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:36 pm
Sorry, LOL

I kinda latched onto this particular saying.

I view it as an extention to my "censorship is out of control" belief.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:47 pm
Well, I suppose it could be considered loosely applicable to that. But old Ben was talking about giving up freedom of movement and belief in order to achieve national security.  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xX Catgirl - Pierce Xx

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2010 6:53 pm
LOL

But censorship is a "national problem" and people flock to it, despite it restricting personal freedoms.

It may not compare evenly, but I still think it's important.
3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:31 pm
But censorship varies from region to region, so I'm not sure it can be considered national. I'm also not sure it restricts personal freedoms. Watching a tv show isn't really an important freedom. It's more like a privilege of free time.  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xX Catgirl - Pierce Xx

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:43 pm
Yes, but chosing WHAT to what or enjoy is freedom of choice.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 8:53 am
Yes, but freedom of choice is HAVING that choice, not getting to choose what you get to choose from. Freedom of choice is being offered three things and having the freedom to pick whichever one you want. You're talking about picking the three things yourself and then choosing all of them. That's more akin to gluttony, not to mention manipulation behind the scenes. xd  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xX Catgirl - Pierce Xx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:59 pm
But being able to pick what you want to enjoy yourself is true freedom.

Simply choose from choices given to you by someone else and being told that your not allowed to pick anything else... that's nothing more then imprisonment disguised as freedom.

It may appear that you have a choice, but the truth of it is... you're still being manipulated.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 1:40 pm
Certain kinds of censorship really do come off as being pretty ridiculous. You can't say certain words on certain shows like "********". Seriously, everyone says these words anyway yet they're still censored from tv shows that already have an advisory warning.

Some people might think it's "tin-foil hat" nonsense, but I think the older people get the more they realize media in general is pretty badly manipulated and we're fed crap.

I have to agree with Catgirl-Pierce. What's freedom of choice when the choices given to us by the powers that be are terrible to begin with.  

Iakun

Tybarious

PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 10:16 pm
Hey no serious discussion in the main forum, purple said so. (u know sometimes I regret opening my mouth xp )  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 8:13 am
Okay, I can see your point there, dude and Iakun. (Catgirl is dude in disguise!) Still, I just can't see how tv censorship can ruin a person's life. Like you're always saying, dude, if you don't like it, don't look. It works both ways, with censored and non-censored. I know the media is highly manipulated and controlled, but it's what we've got. If none of it existed, would you clamor for someone to create it?

Yes, I know, Ty. It just seems to happen anyway. xp *pats head*

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Iakun

PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2010 12:24 pm
The thing with media in general is that it's controled by the powerful few and leaves us at the mercy of what they want to show us. Issues such as the freedom to cuss on television shows is trivial in comparison to the fact that more sex and violence is making its way onto daytime television. With both parents usually working these days, children are being raised by the television.

So where does freedom come in this situation? Well I guess it's the freedom to choose to continue being negatively affected by what's on tv and keep watching, or turn your head away. I rarely watch anything on tv because it's all crap anyway.

Also... WTF geez that's Dude? lol  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces