Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:54 pm
Scarlet_Teardrops
Shadows-shine
Excuse me! It's not America's fault that Cuba lost religious freedom! It's the dictator in charge in Cuba that did that! And no, I don't want to lose any freedoms here in America! This is land of the free and home of the brave! That is what this country stands for. We've already lost enough freedom thanks to Obama and his policies. I will not have any more taken from me!

Consider what you are saying.

This didn't start with Obama. It's been going on for quite some time.

I think you might be putting too much pride in a country that has fallen from its purposes. And it is the fault of the people that this has happened.

If we choose to take God out of our courts, schools, and other places, then we deserve to lose whatever it is that we may.

No, it's not America's fault that Cuba or any other country falls to pieces!

I happened to have a lot of pride in my country. It's the promised land, the land of freedom, of hope, of liberty, etc. We are America. I love this country. I have freedoms here that I would never have any where else.

God hasn't been taken out of every thing in this country. There are courts that still say prayers before going into session and there are schools with Bible clubs and youth groups.

And Obama and every other radical leftist out there has taken freedoms, but as of currently, Obama has taken away the most because of all the debt he has piled on my children's children shoulders.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:51 pm
XSK Ambrosia
Scarlet_Teardrops
Someoneiknow
XSK Ambrosia
The Boss

Who's "the boss"? This seems to be quite sacreligious if you are referring to God. I will take offense to that if that's who you are talking about. He is not the ending of a video game that I have to use all my knowledge to beat.

Someone, I'm pretty sure that you're taking what Ambrosia said the wrong way. He's not referring to a bad guy boss. He's referring to the "in charge" sort of boss. And God is in charge. That's all he's saying.

Yup :3 thanks for clearing that out Scarlet :]

It's still demeaning. Christ should be referenced towards something welcoming, not condescending such as "a boss". I would feel that would be obvious considering 63 percent of America's workforce hate their bosses.  

Someoneiknow

Someoneiknow

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:54 pm
Scarlet_Teardrops
XSK Ambrosia
Scarlet_Teardrops
Someoneiknow
XSK Ambrosia
The Boss

Who's "the boss"? This seems to be quite sacreligious if you are referring to God. I will take offense to that if that's who you are talking about. He is not the ending of a video game that I have to use all my knowledge to beat.

Someone, I'm pretty sure that you're taking what Ambrosia said the wrong way. He's not referring to a bad guy boss. He's referring to the "in charge" sort of boss. And God is in charge. That's all he's saying.

Misunderstandings can lead to bad fights.
You're very welcome. Glory to God! ^_^

I understood quite well. But I still do not like the reference. For clarification I don't like the references also of:
The big man upstairs
The chief
The top dawg
The master chief
The big pooper
etc.
I'm sorry, but if we can't show an ounce of respect towards God by calling Him by name, then we shouldn't say it at all. I know many individuals who don't like the random nicknames we gave them, and I don't feel like nicknaming my God either.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:32 pm
Shadows-shine
Scarlet_Teardrops
Shadows-shine
Excuse me! It's not America's fault that Cuba lost religious freedom! It's the dictator in charge in Cuba that did that! And no, I don't want to lose any freedoms here in America! This is land of the free and home of the brave! That is what this country stands for. We've already lost enough freedom thanks to Obama and his policies. I will not have any more taken from me!

I think you might be putting too much pride in a country that has fallen from its purposes. And it is the fault of the people that this has happened.

If we choose to take God out of our courts, schools, and other places, then we deserve to lose whatever it is that we may.

I happened to have a lot of pride in my country. It's the promised land, the land of freedom, of hope, of liberty, etc. We are America. I love this country. I have freedoms here that I would never have any where else.

God hasn't been taken out of every thing in this country. There are courts that still say prayers before going into session and there are schools with Bible clubs and youth groups.

And Obama and every other radical leftist out there has taken freedoms, but as of currently, Obama has taken away the most because of all the debt he has piled on my children's children shoulders.

I never said America was to blame for the failures of other countries. That's their deal.

However, America is to blame for America's failings and shortcomings. Obama beat McCain by a landslide. This landslide came from the people. Those who voted for Obama, which is most of America, have handed this country over to failure.

The people are also at fault for buying into bullcrap propaganda from the two major parties. Instead of choosing to be a citizen of the United States, they choose to be a democrat or a republican. This causes division within our own ranks. And instead of actually looking for who the best candidate is, no matter the party, people choose to go with the flow, the current. That is how asinine people like Obama get elected. The asinine citizens.

Any time you relinquish a right, don't vote, or vote without thinking everything through, you jeopardize the United States.

I love this country very, very much.

However, if we continue to kill God from our society, God will turn His back on this country. Not on His faithful. But on the country. He will hand the country over to its enemies.

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 19, 2010 11:35 pm
Someoneiknow
Scarlet_Teardrops
XSK Ambrosia
Scarlet_Teardrops
Someoneiknow
XSK Ambrosia
The Boss

I understood quite well. But I still do not like the reference. For clarification I don't like the references also of:
The big man upstairs
The chief
The top dawg
The master chief
The big pooper
etc.
I'm sorry, but if we can't show an ounce of respect towards God by calling Him by name, then we shouldn't say it at all. I know many individuals who don't like the random nicknames we gave them, and I don't feel like nicknaming my God either.

I think you're being a little too sensitive about this. Relax. Ambrosia has not committed a blasphemy or sin by referring to God as "the Boss". If anything, he's showing that God is his master, his leader, his boss. God is in charge of his life.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 8:36 am
Scarlet_Teardrops
Shadows-shine
Scarlet_Teardrops
Shadows-shine

I never said America was to blame for the failures of other countries. That's their deal.

However, America is to blame for America's failings and shortcomings. Obama beat McCain by a landslide. This landslide came from the people. Those who voted for Obama, which is most of America, have handed this country over to failure.

The people are also at fault for buying into bullcrap propaganda from the two major parties. Instead of choosing to be a citizen of the United States, they choose to be a democrat or a republican. This causes division within our own ranks. And instead of actually looking for who the best candidate is, no matter the party, people choose to go with the flow, the current. That is how asinine people like Obama get elected. The asinine citizens.

Any time you relinquish a right, don't vote, or vote without thinking everything through, you jeopardize the United States.

However, if we continue to kill God from our society, God will turn His back on this country. Not on His faithful. But on the country. He will hand the country over to its enemies.

Oh sorry, I misunderstood your post. sweatdrop

Those that have voted for Obama have regrets. They are waking up. I am very proud of them for doing so. They wish they would have chosen different, but live and learn.

This country is not totally lost. I still have hope that it will come back.

God has not turned His back on this country either. I know He hasn't.

I am biased towards the most conservitive party, so the canadates I will choose always come from that party. I will never vote democrat. They are all the same. I am of the opinion that there is no such thing as a moderate democrat and I don't like moderate republicans. I am a Regan Conservitive. So I will choose the Republican Party and the most conservitive canadates.

I like what Rush Limbaugh said about Obama and how he got elected, it was because he told the people of America to go to hell in a manner that they believed they would enjoy the journey.

But all in all, I do agree that it is America's fault for bringing Obama to power, but I am not going to throw in the towel and say we are defeated and I refuse to believe God has turned His back on this country.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

R0bot0

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 9:33 am
I would like to discuss farther more, but I won't speak anymore. Being over defensive about America is not good for a fruitful discussion. Your country is my country too. I'm part of your country. Yet, I'm taking out true facts and talking them out.

Other than what is being said, I refer to God as The Boss because he is my Leader, and our leader is also our Boss. Whatever the Boss says goes, like it or not. I like having a comfortable conversation with God and call Him how I feel most comfortable. Like "Dios" (spanish name for God), "Padre Santo" (Holy Father in spanish), God, and rarely call Him "Boss". Just clearing that out.

Thanks Scarlet for trying to clear out though :3  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:05 am
Scarlet_Teardrops
Someoneiknow
Scarlet_Teardrops
XSK Ambrosia
Scarlet_Teardrops

The big man upstairs
The chief
The top dawg
The master chief
The big pooper
etc.

I think you're being a little too sensitive about this. Relax. Ambrosia has not committed a blasphemy or sin by referring to God as "the Boss". If anything, he's showing that God is his master, his leader, his boss. God is in charge of his life.

That's amusing. I thought I would never hear a Christian tell me I'm being a little too "sensitive" about Christ. That's ridiculous, do you even know what you are saying?

Doesn't matter, His name is Christ, my Lord and Saviour, not "Mr. Boss", or does that mean nothing to you?  

Someoneiknow

R0bot0

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:15 am
Someoneiknow
That's amusing. I thought I would never hear a Christian tell me I'm being a little too "sensitive" about Christ. That's ridiculous, do you even know what you are saying?

Doesn't matter, His name is Christ, my Lord and Saviour, not "Mr. Boss", or does that mean nothing to you?

This is between you and me. Don't keep quoting Scarlet.
She's just trying to be a good Christian and defending me.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:41 pm
XSK Ambrosia
Someoneiknow

This is between you and me. Don't keep quoting Scarlet.
She's just trying to be a good Christian and defending me.

No, I'm quoting who ever points out a question or has a statement. This isn't a fight, this is a debate. If you speak up, prepare to be acknowledged. So it's not between you and me, it's a debate over the subject.  

Someoneiknow

R0bot0

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 4:49 pm
It is between you and me if you're pointing directly at something I said.

I am debating over a subject, and the name "Boss" isn't a subject. The subject is the youth of America today, social issues, and political issues. I simply will not crawl lower to make the topic more interesting when I hate this topic. I hate it because I know which problems we're going through, and being overprotective about one's country will not make a fruitful discussion in which something can actually be done and reasoned like Godly human beings.

Freedom is being taken for granted. Only by that freedom being taken away we can truly realize what we lost. Maybe Obama is exactly the person America needs to realize what we have, and truly appreciate it.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 5:13 pm
Maybe, maybe not. But such things happen when we are granted the gift, from God, of free agency. We can choose to act how we want when we want. That is our God given privilage. Freedom will be taken for granted some times, but other times it won't. But it is not up to us to decide what should happen when agency is used poorly or properly.  

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:55 pm
Someoneiknow
Scarlet_Teardrops
Someoneiknow
Scarlet_Teardrops
XSK Ambrosia
Scarlet_Teardrops

The big man upstairs
The chief
The top dawg
The master chief
The big pooper
etc.

It's one thing to say something like "Zombie Jesus". It's another when you're saying that God is in charge of your life.

I know exactly what I'm saying, and what you are saying. I understand your point of view but you are simply taking this the wrong way.

And Jesus IS my Lord and Savior. Never say that it means NOTHING to me. He is my very reason for living, and He is what gives me worth. I love Him, deeply. Never, ever, ever say that. EVER.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:00 pm
Shadows-shine
Scarlet_Teardrops
Shadows-shine
Scarlet_Teardrops
Shadows-shine

Those that have voted for Obama have regrets. They are waking up. I am very proud of them for doing so. They wish they would have chosen different, but live and learn.

I am biased towards the most conservitive party, so the canadates I will choose always come from that party. I will never vote democrat. They are all the same. I am of the opinion that there is no such thing as a moderate democrat and I don't like moderate republicans. I am a Regan Conservitive. So I will choose the Republican Party and the most conservitive canadates.

I like what Rush Limbaugh said about Obama and how he got elected, it was because he told the people of America to go to hell in a manner that they believed they would enjoy the journey.

But all in all, I do agree that it is America's fault for bringing Obama to power, but I am not going to throw in the towel and say we are defeated and I refuse to believe God has turned His back on this country.

I won't throw in the towel either.
I'm just saying, America better straighten herself out if she wants to stay in God's favor.

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

Shadows-shine

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 21, 2010 4:56 pm
Scarlet_Teardrops
Shadows-shine
Scarlet_Teardrops
Shadows-shine
Scarlet_Teardrops
Shadows-shine

I won't throw in the towel either.
I'm just saying, America better straighten herself out if she wants to stay in God's favor.

True.

Though the majority of the coutry has woken up and are straightening out. Major changes are coming and they are good one. They aren't any of those stupid things that Obama has done.  
~Ancient Scrolls~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff