Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pokémon Defenders

Back to Guilds

A Guild for all lovers of Pokémon! 

Tags: Pokemon, gaming 

Reply The Archives: Lo, for the Days of Pokémon Past
Neth and Golem's solutions to the Matters at hand Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ginga

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 3:59 pm
I'm glad this is over.

Atma knows how I felt about everything because he alerted me to everything and then we talked about it last night.

It's going to feel weird without a plethora of leaders, but, you know, change is good.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 4:51 pm
I was only gone for three days and all this has happened gonk Anyhow, I'm glad that everything was figured out and all is quiet on the Niobi front.  

Mori no ouji

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:17 pm
Oiji no mori
I was only gone for three days and all this has happened gonk Anyhow, I'm glad that everything was figured out and all is quiet on the Niobi front.

And no one died from drawing a bird! surprised  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:24 pm
Alexa!

-poke poke-

Is that really you? razz whee REALLY REALLy GLAD THAT YOU ARE BACK! heart  

SilvernKnight

3,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100

Taiyoukai_Okibi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:27 pm
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Oiji no mori

And no one died from drawing a bird! surprised

Ok. I'm confused now. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 5:37 pm
Silver__No.. It's not me.. it's just a figment of your imagination.. ninja

Okibi__Oiji was making a play on the movie All Quiet On The Western Front, which is about World War II from the view of a German solider fresh out of school and his group of friends. In the end, he and another friend out of a group of, like, fifteen or twenty, are the only ones out of that class who're still alive (since their whole class joined the army). Well, until the guy sees a bird, tries to draw it, thus sticking out too far from the trench and ends up getting shot.

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

DJ Trouble

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:22 pm
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Okibi__Oiji was making a play on the movie All Quiet On The Western Front, which is about World War II from the view of a German solider fresh out of school and his group of friends. In the end, he and another friend out of a group of, like, fifteen or twenty, are the only ones out of that class who're still alive (since their whole class joined the army). Well, until the guy sees a bird, tries to draw it, thus sticking out too far from the trench and ends up getting shot.

I always wondered what that movie was about.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:33 pm
DJ Trouble
[Philosophy In A Teacup]

I had to watch it in American History Honors last semester and then write an essay on the lessons and ironies of it.

Everyone was all over the whole, "Zomg! His teacher said the bird would get him killed AND IT DID!!1"

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

DJ Trouble

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:36 pm
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
DJ Trouble
[Philosophy In A Teacup]

I had to watch it in American History Honors last semester and then write an essay on the lessons and ironies of it.

Everyone was all over the whole, "Zomg! His teacher said the bird would get him killed AND IT DID!!1"

Those darn teachers!

Wait, they really ended the movie with him getting shot because of a damn bird? rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:40 pm
DJ Trouble
Those darn teachers!

Wait, they really ended the movie with him getting shot because of a damn bird? rofl

Yep.

He's in a trench and see's it fly by and land on a near-by tree, so he grabs some paper and something to write with, and stands up to start to sketch, but gets shot.

The dumbass.

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

DJ Trouble

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:51 pm
[Philosophy In A Teacup]
DJ Trouble
Those darn teachers!

Yep.

He's in a trench and see's it fly by and land on a near-by tree, so he grabs some paper and something to write with, and stands up to start to sketch, but gets shot.

The dumbass.

Because the first time didn't express how funny I really think that is.

rofl x infinity = Me for the next five minutes.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:00 pm
DJ Trouble
Because the first time didn't express how funny I really think that is.

rofl x infinity = Me for the next five minutes.

biggrin

I live to make people laugh.  

[Philosophy In A Teacup]
Crew

Omnipresent Prophet

16,525 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Beta Gaian 0

jedi_master_tenku

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 12:10 pm
*brainz go sizzle, POP!*

eek neutral question gonk stressed stare sweatdrop

I was sooooo looooost... I go away for a few days and everything's gone to HELL! Gah! But, it seems like stuff's working out now, so... woo hoo?  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:33 pm
Ok, so I think I got it. Whew. It took about three days of my fifteen minute computer intervals, but I got it! And it's about time! (I'm slow!)

And my only comment is (whether it makes sense or not :3) GO BIG OR GO HOME, but DON'T GO HOME!

It's what they always said at drama camp. X3 And I think it has to do with what started the whole argument. If you're gonna take the time to make a character, a character who can push one limit of strength, they can usually end up pushing a lot of limits and do some really great things.

Alexander Grahm Belle didn't stop at inventing one thing. : )

Alexander : Alexa.

Really, it makes perfect sense to me.

Is this a lost cause?

Do I favour the 'make a new paragraph button' (ie [Enter] key) too much?

Meow.

PS: I just love how all the non-mod members finally get a chance to post here and it's all like, "OHHHH!!!! So THAT'S what's been happening behind closed doors! HA! I feel like I'm on Entertainment Tonight!"

Heh. That's politics. *grin*  

Penwin

Golden Codger

Fox Demon Shippo

Moonlight Explorer

7,750 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Healer 50
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:48 pm
Penwin
Alexander Grahm Bell didn't stop at inventing one thing. : )

I heard somewhere a quote from him, when someone had asked him why he kept up with such a thing, failing so many times. He said:

"I made about 2000 failed experiments, before getting it right. But I think of it as this: I didn't fail; I just found 2000 ways how -NOT- to make a lightbulb."

...well, greatly modernized, but, still. ^^

AND.....I was totally confused. I get some of it, but i was gone, and am all..."WTF? What's this? O.o"

...so I'm KINDA confused now. xp

The Archives: Lo, for the Days of Pokémon Past

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces