Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply o.O A forum!! | !!murof A O.o
WHY HAS NO ONE YET DISCOVERED HOW TO BUILD A ROBOT!?! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Free MONEY
  GIMME GOLD GIMME GOLD GIMME GOLD
View Results

blak flame
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:36 pm
you_die!!!
blak flame
have you seen the matrix? or terminater? its probably because we know if we do we'll all die

Sorry, forgot too andswer your questions. Yes, I have seen the Matrix and the Terminater. I have even seen the second and third Matrix and the Second, and some of the third Terminater.
yeah they're really good. but if we did make robots you never know they just might take over eek  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:40 pm
blak flame
you_die!!!
blak flame
have you seen the matrix? or terminater? its probably because we know if we do we'll all die

Sorry, forgot too andswer your questions. Yes, I have seen the Matrix and the Terminater. I have even seen the second and third Matrix and the Second, and some of the third Terminater.
yeah they're really good. but if we did make robots you never know they just might take over eek

Well, you are right and wrong in this statemen. You are right because if the robot is programed to, say, fight wars, then the programing might become corrupt and have it try to concure the world, SO LONG AS IT COMPLIES WITH ITS PROGRAMING, because only an internal error could cause a robot to malfunction and try to take over the world. You are wrong because the robot I am designing can only function if it is given a command, verbally, like a cell phone with voice activation stuff. The robot will remain in a shutdown state untill it is given a command that follows its programing. If the function disrupts its programing, it is going to be programed to ignore the command given.  

you_die!!!

-dipkittydumbdog-
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:46 pm
the matrix was a good movie.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 7:46 pm
dipkitty_dumbdog

HERE HERE  

you_die!!!

my dog ate my sanity
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 8:51 pm
What would happen if someone managed to get a hold of one of your robots and change the programming?

Also, I saw somewhere (I think on the Discovery channel sweatdrop ) that in Japan they have made a robot that is sort of like that ... only not ... if you know what I mean ... there's no insane-human-like A.I., but only basic type, and it also has the likeness of a human ... It's been a while since I saw it so I don't remember all of it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006 10:40 pm
The only reason anything or anyone revolts or turns agains people is when their rights are infringed upon. If AI is to match that of humans, then appropriate rights should be given as well.  

Tenshi the Lost

-dipkittydumbdog-
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 3:21 pm
you_die!!!
dipkitty_dumbdog

HERE HERE

4laugh  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:07 pm
my dog ate my sanity
What would happen if someone managed to get a hold of one of your robots and change the programming?

Also, I saw somewhere (I think on the Discovery channel sweatdrop ) that in Japan they have made a robot that is sort of like that ... only not ... if you know what I mean ... there's no insane-human-like A.I., but only basic type, and it also has the likeness of a human ... It's been a while since I saw it so I don't remember all of it.

I saw that two, and I am baising some of the design of that robot on my robot, but the robot on the discoverey chanel had a huge battery pack and a remote control system. I plan on using hydrogen fuel cells and voice command.  

you_die!!!

you_die!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:08 pm
Yoichiro Tsukasa
The only reason anything or anyone revolts or turns agains people is when their rights are infringed upon. If AI is to match that of humans, then appropriate rights should be given as well.

First off, I would like to point out that I never mentioned that it would have A.I.
Second I would like to mention that I have already mentioned that it is as smart as a cell phone.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 4:12 pm
my dog ate my sanity

Your question brings up a good point. What if someone does change the programing? Now, I hope you don't mind if I ask you a question that will answer my question. Why would you change the programing of something that could kill you if you program it wrong and you forget to add a failsafe to make sure that it is a little safer if something does go wrong in reprograming it? The basic programing is like a cell phone, and if someone changes it to better suit their purposes, then they have pretty much dammed themselves because if you change the basic programing and allow it to kill humans, if there is and error in its programing, or it developes A.I. then it will either command you to do its bidding or kill you.  

you_die!!!

Skiz-Erz

6,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:41 pm
The realistic reason why no-one's made an fully artificialy intelligent being is because of the sheer time and effort that would have to go into it. You would need to program a reaction for every single concievable circumstance, or else develop some sort of learning computer, which would, again, be very difficult, and you'd have to have it learn things the way you would teach an infant what it learns through life; i.e. subject it to an average human life, as a human. Which, again, would take approximately the length of a human lifetime, and then you get to the whole argument about how it would keep accumulating knowledge, getting to the point of "knowing too much" and being "bad for the human race."

... Also, I don't know why you're complaining about having an I.Q. of 126, 100 is the average human, and each individual number weighs more than you'd think, as a person with an I.Q. of 70 would have alot of trouble with counting.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:46 pm
Oh, and as for robots without a full AI, they have been made. I beleive you mentioned the mars rover in your first post. That would count as one, if not humanoid. As for humanoid robots, those've been made. But if it where to be self sustaining, it would require either a programmed reaction for every circumstance or an AI, as I mentioned before.  

Skiz-Erz

6,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

my dog ate my sanity
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:50 pm
He hasn't said anything about AI. It will have the intelligence of a cellphone.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 6:55 pm
my dog ate my sanity
He said self sustaining. Which would mean either an AI or a programmed response for every imaginable situation.  

Skiz-Erz

6,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Tooth Fairy 100
  • Elocutionist 200

Tenshi the Lost

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006 8:18 pm
Skiz-Erz
my dog ate my sanity
He said self sustaining. Which would mean either an AI or a programmed response for every imaginable situation.
That's what I meant. AI of some kind for basic survival. All brains learn, to some extent, so it would perceive somekind of lesser self and want more, right?  
o.O A forum!! | !!murof A O.o

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff