Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
Reincarnation Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do you believe?
  YES!!
  Naw...
View Results

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2010 5:40 pm
the way i understand it, is that when we die, our Spirit and the part of our Mind that held that Life's Personality and Memories both merge together and move on to the Spirit World/Astral Plane/Otherworld. but part of our Spirit stays attached to th rest of the Mind and gets Reincarnated. this happens over and over, which is why we are able to communicate with the Spirits of our Past Lives if we use the right Meditations or Spells.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:49 am
I'm somewhat skeptical about reincarnation. When I was a child i had memory of how to do things that I'd never been taught how to do. I could clog and sword dance. I could seemingly communicate with our house cat. When I got angry or threw a tantrum the microwave would turn on by it's self or the television would turn off. I thought with my child-like imagination that i was reborn from a priestess. My parents asked me if i wanted to go to church and i told them there was nothing holy about that place. I'd rather play outside and talk to the trees.

My logical adult mind doesn't really know if reincarnation is real or if i were really reincarnated. I don't know if I was just a really bratty kid. I don't feel that there is really anything special or unusual about what happened. I have memories of being a child and seeing myself outside my body while i was playing or very ill. Children are more connected with their higher selves anyway.

From what I've read there are so many people who claim to be reincarnations of famous people that it's totally ridiculous.

My personal theory of what I believe happens when we die I haven't read anywhere. It's just what I've always believed since childhood.

When a person dies their soul is scattered amongst the earth like a burst of light that happens as death greets them. Good people move about the earth helping good things happen and turning things to a friendly and righteous way. Their spiritual energy helps to protect earth with the ozone layer shielding the living from the harshness of space. They are recycled into babies made again to do make their choices and live life. The better the person, the better the good that comes.

When a bad person dies instead of a burst of light it's an angry black hole that sucks them in, they are recycled spreading ill-will and discontent just as in life and spread will to hurt the planet and it's people. War and chaos follow the dying of a bad person. Famine, Disease and Hurt come from them and they are also recycled into children to live amongst their suffering to learn a lesson and hopefully die a wiser soul.

The more connected a soul is with the earth affects how soon they are reborn but I'm not exactly sure how.

This is why i believe so many ancient cultures were fond of human sacrifice. It gave power to their 'gods' but really I believe the human soul is what does all the work.

If you've read this philosophy anywhere please let me know. I haven't really known where to look.  

Lovely-Avarice

Unforgiving Bloodsucker

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:31 am
Chieftain Twilight
Cain Elite
Chieftain Twilight
i am curious, would you elaborate about what makes you think twice about the idea of us Reincarnating as other Animals? is it some idea you have that we likely only Reincarnate into our own species? or something to do with humans being better than Animals? or what?
Yea, what he said. Don't animals have souls too?

Cause I wanna come back as a white wolf that's near unbeatable and scarred from so many battles. XD

o_O; you'd have to gain the Scars during life, i'm sure.... Reincarnation is at Birth, not like possessing an already living creature.
Yea I know. But that's my ultimate goal when I finally come to my peak.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 10:34 am
Chieftain Twilight
Cain Elite
Chieftain Twilight
Chieftain Twilight
Cain Elite
I think we do reincarnate but not as often as we think.

Chieftain: That's not very good to use as proof. Where did the first souls come from? Their source can easily become the source of the new souls. Of course I'm sure you're joking but still...I gotta say it.

heh, i know that other ideas are possible, i was just being a little funny. =w=

though i have no proof, only personal experiences, which can only be so reliable as evidence, especially considering i was diagnosed as Paranoid Schitzophrenic.

i want to add though, that i do believe that the origin of Spirits is the same as all things: The Creator. as i would put it, Krishna, as one name for the Creator Aspect of the Pre-Genesis being, who would be known in the Arabic language as Allah, but more accurately defined in the Hindu sense under the Sanskrit name Brahma. in Scientific explanation, the concept of 0 (Zero).

the Genesis is as much the Source of Spirit as of Material.
The zero part just gave me any idea for a show. xD

oh yeh? what? ^_^
An anime about something...and zero being an important part in it. Zero being a race of beings or stage in ranking. The idea is still fuzzy.  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:28 pm
Cain Elite
Chieftain Twilight
Cain Elite
Chieftain Twilight
Chieftain Twilight
Cain Elite
I think we do reincarnate but not as often as we think.

Chieftain: That's not very good to use as proof. Where did the first souls come from? Their source can easily become the source of the new souls. Of course I'm sure you're joking but still...I gotta say it.

heh, i know that other ideas are possible, i was just being a little funny. =w=

though i have no proof, only personal experiences, which can only be so reliable as evidence, especially considering i was diagnosed as Paranoid Schitzophrenic.

i want to add though, that i do believe that the origin of Spirits is the same as all things: The Creator. as i would put it, Krishna, as one name for the Creator Aspect of the Pre-Genesis being, who would be known in the Arabic language as Allah, but more accurately defined in the Hindu sense under the Sanskrit name Brahma. in Scientific explanation, the concept of 0 (Zero).

oh yeh? what? ^_^
An anime about something...and zero being an important part in it. Zero being a race of beings or stage in ranking. The idea is still fuzzy.

well, Loveless has teh Zeros which were artificial humans with no sensory receptors, and Ghost In The Shell featured an A.I. called Tachikoma which also viewed 0 as the Digital concept of what is God in Analog.

so yeh, it's not a new concept. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:29 pm
Cain Elite
Chieftain Twilight
Cain Elite
Chieftain Twilight
i am curious, would you elaborate about what makes you think twice about the idea of us Reincarnating as other Animals? is it some idea you have that we likely only Reincarnate into our own species? or something to do with humans being better than Animals? or what?

Cause I wanna come back as a white wolf that's near unbeatable and scarred from so many battles. XD

o_O; you'd have to gain the Scars during life, i'm sure.... Reincarnation is at Birth, not like possessing an already living creature.

ah, makes sense. ^_^  

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 1:30 pm
VixenxVittoria
I'm somewhat skeptical about reincarnation. When I was a child i had memory of how to do things that I'd never been taught how to do. I could clog and sword dance. I could seemingly communicate with our house cat. When I got angry or threw a tantrum the microwave would turn on by it's self or the television would turn off. I thought with my child-like imagination that i was reborn from a priestess. My parents asked me if i wanted to go to church and i told them there was nothing holy about that place. I'd rather play outside and talk to the trees.

My logical adult mind doesn't really know if reincarnation is real or if i were really reincarnated. I don't know if I was just a really bratty kid. I don't feel that there is really anything special or unusual about what happened. I have memories of being a child and seeing myself outside my body while i was playing or very ill. Children are more connected with their higher selves anyway.

From what I've read there are so many people who claim to be reincarnations of famous people that it's totally ridiculous.

My personal theory of what I believe happens when we die I haven't read anywhere. It's just what I've always believed since childhood.

When a person dies their soul is scattered amongst the earth like a burst of light that happens as death greets them. Good people move about the earth helping good things happen and turning things to a friendly and righteous way. Their spiritual energy helps to protect earth with the ozone layer shielding the living from the harshness of space. They are recycled into babies made again to do make their choices and live life. The better the person, the better the good that comes.

When a bad person dies instead of a burst of light it's an angry black hole that sucks them in, they are recycled spreading ill-will and discontent just as in life and spread will to hurt the planet and it's people. War and chaos follow the dying of a bad person. Famine, Disease and Hurt come from them and they are also recycled into children to live amongst their suffering to learn a lesson and hopefully die a wiser soul.

The more connected a soul is with the earth affects how soon they are reborn but I'm not exactly sure how.

This is why i believe so many ancient cultures were fond of human sacrifice. It gave power to their 'gods' but really I believe the human soul is what does all the work.

If you've read this philosophy anywhere please let me know. I haven't really known where to look.

heh, realy that couldn't work for me because i simply don't believe in good and evil. sweatdrop

but i suppose that if i replaced those concepts with "Benevolence" and "Malevolence" it could make sense...  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:15 pm
Chieftain Twilight

heh, realy that couldn't work for me because i simply don't believe in good and evil. sweatdrop

but i suppose that if i replaced those concepts with "Benevolence" and "Malevolence" it could make sense...

Those words are probably more succinct to what i meant than the general concepts of good and evil.

Thanks for the feed back.  

Lovely-Avarice

Unforgiving Bloodsucker

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:25 pm
Chieftain Twilight
Cain Elite
Chieftain Twilight
Cain Elite
Chieftain Twilight

oh yeh? what? ^_^

well, Loveless has teh Zeros which were artificial humans with no sensory receptors, and Ghost In The Shell featured an A.I. called Tachikoma which also viewed 0 as the Digital concept of what is God in Analog.

so yeh, it's not a new concept. sweatdrop
True, but I'm thinking of a more fantasy/sci fi-ish thing. So it's kind of like a combination of the two shows.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:27 pm
Chieftain Twilight
Cain Elite
Chieftain Twilight
Cain Elite
Chieftain Twilight

ah, makes sense. ^_^
Yep. And I'm loving it.  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150

iDarthy

Desirable Werewolf

6,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:45 pm
What's the way to see what your past lives were like...?
I'm interested in this... :B  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:09 am
iDarthy

I have some books on Buddhist meditations and past life regressions. If you're interested I have PDF's to share and some MP3's for hypnotic regression techniques.

-- Contact me in pm.

-Vittoria  

Lovely-Avarice

Unforgiving Bloodsucker

7,700 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Hotarubi21

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:31 pm
@Chieftan and @Cain I love the posts the both of you make on this matter. I enjoy reading your views and thoughts. They help me understand a bit more about the issue of Reincarnation.

I believe in it 110%. My only issue with reincarnation is how do we know for sure that we're one of the ones reincarnated? yes i do believe in it, i just wanna know if i am and of who. my gram's always telling me "oh you look like my mom sooo much" or, "you do that the same way my mom used to do it" but honestly that doesnt mean anything to me. of course theres the possibilty that i do the same things she does because were blood related! haha but i dont know maybe i am maybe im not. who's to say really.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:52 pm
VixenxVittoria
iDarthy

I have some books on Buddhist meditations and past life regressions. If you're interested I have PDF's to share and some MP3's for hypnotic regression techniques.

-- Contact me in pm.

-Vittoria

ohhh, I would love to take a look at those! ^w^
thank you, I'll have to add you to my friend's list for the pm...  

iDarthy

Desirable Werewolf

6,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Ultimate Player 200

Hotarubi21

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, 2010 1:21 pm
VixenxVittoria
iDarthy

-- Contact me in pm.

-Vittoria

um hi. i saw your post and i was wondering if you could help me out with that as well. id greatly appreciate it ^-^ it's fine if you dont want to though.  
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff