Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[OFFICE] Nurse Cricket's Office - Dice Mechanics pg 20 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:50 pm
Like most of the student parents, Rain and Coralie had taken the baby in shifts. There was only one moment that they were together and it was then that the baby seemed most happy. In fact, hadn't it taken it's first step.. or rather, roll as Coralie had called it?

Rain did not know how the baby was in her absence but during the moments she was in her care, the baby was well behaved. Rain had bathed it, dried it and even tried to sing it some haunting Christmas carols. The little pumpkin creature didn't even seem to mind that she was horrible at singing! It seemed as if it knew that they cared for it.

Heck, she loved it. She loved their baby and she really didn't want to give it up. It had seemed so real and now it was going to come to an end?

Rain began to make choking sounds. It was as if she was crying but of course, no tears came out of her eyes. "Nicki, you be a good pumpkin, okay? You listen to Miss Cricket and you make friends, you hear? Make a lot of friends. Your mom and I will never forget you."

((Link to roleplay // Didn't have as much time to spend due to holidays, snowstorm and event stuff, I'm sorry.))  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:59 pm
Morrigan was happy to be rid of the damned thing. All it did was cry and scream and cry some more. She had little sleep, hadn't showered in days and she even had her first... dare she say it.. pimple. She had barely remembered to even brush her hair! This baby had brought nothing but hell her way. If not for the nap she had in Israfel's room, she would have gone crazy.

"I'm not going to lie, Professor Cricket, I was a terrible parent. The father is the real winner here. The baby was only ever calm around him, only seemed happy around him. I mean, I didn't hurt it and I did try, I really tried, but I just couldn't seem to make it happy. I am not cut out for this parent thing. I may never be. If you want to fail me, I completely understand. I think.. I think it would be okay to fail parenting because I never want to have babies. I am able to admit that and accept that. I'm not a maternal type. Israfel was amazing. What little sleep I was able to have was thanks to his help. He's a natural. Heck, the baby even looks fabulous because of him."

And indeed, their baby did look fabulous. Israfel had dressed their pumpkin up. While she looked a mess, their baby looked damn awesome. She really did a shoddy job but if not for her partner, she might have.. she might have lost control and hurt the baby. He deserved a good grade. She did not. She was a failure.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

((Roleplay ))  

Meeki

Apocalyptic Girl

21,875 Points
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

AnimeChickie

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:18 am
The moment that Alcie and Tess realized that their pumpkin had hatched into something, they knew it was time to go to Professor Cricket's office. Not surprisingly, there were already several students there and it seemed like everybody was taken aback by the little scareling that had emerged from the pumpkin. "Professor Cricket, Tess and I had... fun with our little scareling. We named her Amari and well, it seems like she's okay? We took turns taking care of her when the other had class and I think that she's alright?" To be honest, Alcie had no idea what was going on and this assignment proved that she was definitely not ready to be a parent. Scarelings were difficult. Difficult to take care of, difficult to satisfy their needs especially when they were dealing with school.

"We had some troubles at first when she hatched but everything has kind of fallen into routine now... It's difficult being a parent though..." She had to admit that to the professor because she was pretty sure that was the purpose of this assignment. Alcie was definitely going to stay away from the pumpkin patch.

Pumpkinling (Alcie and Tess)  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 8:53 am

[PRP] Raising Pumpkin Arizona [Tahki x Lizzy]

Tahki appeared with basket in hand. Not saying anything the gryphon approached Crickets desk and placed it there for the nurse.  

Chobi_Chocobo

Distinct Lunatic

Dragain

Wealthy Lover

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 9:12 am
Lizzy had received a text from Tahki about going to Nurse Cricket's office - when she first saw it, the Spider Demon thought that their little Sprout was sick, and became rather anxious. However, a few more texts later, she realized that it was merely time for them to "hand in" their assignment... And it was getting late!

She had made her way to Nurse Cricket's Office as quickly as she could, and upon spotting the Gryphon, approached her with a smile. She then stared at Sprout, the urge to hug it rather strong. Instead, she patted it gently before turning to face the Nurse, looking a little upset at potentially saying goodbye to Sprout forever.

"Tahki and I, we named it Sprout... Since we stayed in different Dorms, we decided to spend a day together with Sprout before taking care of it one after the other, taking one day-long shifts," Lizzy paused, feeling rather sentimental as she reached out for the pumpkin-scareling again, gently stroking the top of its head, "It was tough, especially at the start since we were both clueless, but Tahki and I supported each other through it!"

She seemed rather proud of the fact.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2010 11:20 am
Meeki
Like most of the student parents, Rain and Coralie had taken the baby in shifts. There was only one moment that they were together and it was then that the baby seemed most happy. In fact, hadn't it taken it's first step.. or rather, roll as Coralie had called it?

Rain did not know how the baby was in her absence but during the moments she was in her care, the baby was well behaved. Rain had bathed it, dried it and even tried to sing it some haunting Christmas carols. The little pumpkin creature didn't even seem to mind that she was horrible at singing! It seemed as if it knew that they cared for it.

Heck, she loved it. She loved their baby and she really didn't want to give it up. It had seemed so real and now it was going to come to an end?

Rain began to make choking sounds. It was as if she was crying but of course, no tears came out of her eyes. "Nicki, you be a good pumpkin, okay? You listen to Miss Cricket and you make friends, you hear? Make a lot of friends. Your mom and I will never forget you."

((Link to roleplay // Didn't have as much time to spend due to holidays, snowstorm and event stuff, I'm sorry.))

Coralie patted Rain on the back, not sure what to make of the other ghoul emotional reaction of giving the pumpkin up. Sure, she'd come to not mind the thing, but in the end it was still just a homework assignment. It wasn't their real kid or anything. She didn't tell that to Rain though, it was best to just let her feel what she wanted about it. It had made her happy before, even though it seemed to make her sad now.

"It's alright. I'm sure Nicki will be fine. I think it's a lot like you, so I'm sure it'll make lots of friends," she murmured. She placed the little pumpkin on the table. It was odd to see it go, just because when it'd been her turn the thing had been forced to do everything with her but...well, she knew she wasn't quite as sad as Rain. That was impossible to match up to.

Ary Keeyara

childs menu

Friend

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:28 pm

Claire panicked. She was too busy eating an entire worm cake to realize that the homework was due. She sprinted into the classroom, pumpkin in hand, hoping nobody would notice how late it was. She hadn't really talked to her partner, Shehk, and she was praying to jack that it didn't cause her to fail. Her worksheet was late, too, and she hadn't even attended the classes. She was beginning to feel like her half-brother Barth in the respect that she had been so lazy. She didn't want to fail her first class, that would be a disaster! And if Shehk failed too, it would be all her fault. She was a bit teary-eyed as she gave away the pumpkin. At least it had hatched, in any case.
"I'll just... Put this here, then."

She turned to leave, but decided that is wasn't facing the front and adjusted it. Frowning slightly, she left.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:19 pm
Chuppi had been sadly absent for a long time from classes, the chupacabra suffering from a strange case of sickness and general apathy. Of course she'd been caring for the pumpkin from class, even though she'd only seen her partner once, and she brought it back to the nurse's office once it hatched into something....strange.

". . . ."

She didn't know if she should say anything, she was just too tired to keep trying.

Rown

Friendly Hunter

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:16 pm
(( JUST FOR IC PURPOSES, I have given some people until the 23rd to get stuff up, since I can't actively grade stuff until I'm not on my vaycay anymore! ))  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2011 10:30 am
Calder had been late to turn in his pumpkin. Unbearly late, and even as he walked in to turn the plump pumpkin in, he clutched it with pocession and reluctant. His eyes shimmered with water as great tears threatened to pour out and his lower lip trembled. He had to turn in his homework. He had to give up his baby! It had only been from his "partner's" pressure that he made his way here. If it was just for a grade, well, Calder would have hid away in his room with his new child and kept it forever (or until the Nurse came to inquire what happened to the pumpkin).

The child had been cared for. More than that. It had been SPOILED! Dressed in a bonnet and newborn onesie, black and decorated with smiling pumpkins, Calder walked over and set the pumpkin on the desk. It had already opened up to show a little creature inside, and Calder felt he was more or less abandoning the poor thing. He raised this child. He talked to it constantly, fed the pumpkin even before it opened (which really was pointless but he was sure it would appreciate it), and had screamed with glee when it cracked open. He wanted it. He wanted more!

"Here." He said, and tried not to look at the child. He had tried to explain that he still loved little Abla, but he was sure he was the worst parent in the world to just dump the pumpkin off.

Gulping down a sob, he looked up at the Nurse. "Take good care of him. He's sensitive." He had to wonder what she would do with his baby, and then thought of what cruel things she could do with it. "You're...going to give it a good home, right?" He asked because he had seen her kick her desk when they first got her pumpkin, and he wondered if Abla would be stuffed in a desk too.

Suddenly, he didn't want to give it up, and eased up closer, wondering if he should take the pumpkin and run.

MoonKitsune
Crew

Romantic Exhibitionist

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 10:49 am
Malodore had its assignment for Career Counseling - and while it had a few other classes, who else should it choose to observe as a role model but Nurse Cricket? Especially given the questions on the assessment sheet. Thus, the plague doctor padded to the nurse's office, being careful not to step on any bugs on the way, assessment form in hand.

Malodore took a seat, sitting up straight as it peered around the office with interest. The seat was comfortable enough. Perhaps it could come by for a little bit every day! Who knew what bizarre incidences popped up at a school like this? It could drastically expand its education just by showing up... maybe someone would come in with a particularly exciting debilitating injury needing additional assistance!

That was a very pleasant daydream.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:12 am
There was always an unfortunate downside that came with sitting in the Nurse's office: The crawlies didn't ignore any possible perch they could have. Which make have been why they were inclined to crawl on the plague doctor.

Either that or a significant lack of body heat didn't warn them to GITS AWAY like they would have with 'normal' people.

That and how Cricket knew everything, the Nurse seeming to know that the student was in her domain almost the moment he walked in. Part of that may have been the floorboards, though. It certainly wasn't the most..sanitary of all places, but it also probably was safer than many other places in the school to have things treated.

At least in here people knew what they were up to suffer.

Cricket, however, lounged in her chair, watching the student without a word, no real expression to betray what she was pondering on her face.

However, it seemed that Malodore would be the first to witness the first of Cricket's vices... or rather, have it try to scale it's back. From the seat next to the plague-doctor,which a shiny-dream-scareon had jumped onto, the little creature attempted to crawl up onto the back of the chairs, pawing wistfully at one of the plague doctor's shoulders in an attempt to climb on.

Cricket had a pet.

And the Nurse didn't exactly make a guilty face about it.

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 12:42 pm
Malodore didn't mind the lack of sanitation - after all, being a doctor in Halloween was a multi-faceted profession, both healing and terrifying. Lack of sanitation fell under the later classification. However... nothing really seemed to be happening, other than Cricket giving it an utterly unreadable look.

"Ah... buon giorno?" Malodore offered, hopefully... and then something made its chair lurk forward. The plague doctor flinched - if this was another bug, it was a horribly gigantic one, and it wasn't entirely sure it wanted to turn around and see what was pawing at its shoul-

Wait. Pawing? Unless Nurse Cricket was working with frankenbugs, insects didn't have paws...

Malodore turned to see a wee green face that was very much not a bug, and the tension flowed out of it at once. "Oh, aren't you adorable," it beamed, turning and reaching out for the little scareon. What an unusual color it had!  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:19 pm
Ginko stared back at the face looking back at him, ears perking up before it fully scrambled on to Malodore's shoulder, balancing awkwardly, but seeming content where it was, one of the strange amorphous almost 'tentacles' on it's back attempting to wrap itself around one of the plague-doctor's fingers.

Attempting, as they didn't really have a full-range of motion. Sort of like a snail's eyes.

"That is Ginko." Cricket said calmly with a small wave of a hand before she fully settled into her seat (which did NOT wheel about. She would not be the professor who wheeled her seat into doorframes. Unlike an undead that supposedly taught at a reaper-school she'd heard about). "He seems to enjoy having company far more than I do. Which I can only assume makes it easier on those who come to visit me to be greeted by him."

Well, yes. Greeted by that instead of the crawlies.

"I guess the human-world-comparison would be a therapy-dog."

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:51 pm
"He is quite handsome," Malodore said, pleased. "He reminds me somewhat of my own tresorina, Luce..."

... but it was being distracted from its true mission, wasn't it. Drooping slightly, the plague doctor looked back at Nurse Cricket (though it continued to interact with Ginko). "I don't suppose there have been any terrible injuries lately?" it asked, hopefully. "I have been assign- er... I need to observe..."

Well, it was doing a fairly terrible job of being secretive.  
{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff