Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
How to Create A Soul Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

xxSeikoxx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:27 pm
Naynram Ukir
iDarthy
Naynram Ukir
Is that what it's called?
Sweet.
I love the higurashi No Koko Koro Ni Series. I might like this too.
/completely off topic. haha

The idea of soul transmigration to another item is different from creating a 'soul'/thoughtform in itself too. Like transplanting a soul from a human into a doll, but I don't know of any key word: real magic like that. It has come up in anime such as FMA (Al), or Bleach (Kon or other mod souls) though.
Other than the science of transhumanism in robotics I don't know of anything like that, and even then it's only really speculated.

that's Alchemy in FMA o.O

That's what they call it.
But there are different forms of "alchemy" in FMA.
The basic, one thing to another by "magic" by the "law of equivalent exchange", then human alchemy, trying to bring back the dead, and then like an "alchemically" bonded spirit to a form of metal, such is the case of Alphonse Elric.

However that would be consider a forbidden practice? If you want to transform a soul into another object or body, it would consider a deadly amount eek  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:45 pm
xxSeikoxx
Naynram Ukir
iDarthy
Naynram Ukir
Sweet.

The idea of soul transmigration to another item is different from creating a 'soul'/thoughtform in itself too. Like transplanting a soul from a human into a doll, but I don't know of any key word: real magic like that. It has come up in anime such as FMA (Al), or Bleach (Kon or other mod souls) though.
Other than the science of transhumanism in robotics I don't know of anything like that, and even then it's only really speculated.

The basic, one thing to another by "magic" by the "law of equivalent exchange", then human alchemy, trying to bring back the dead, and then like an "alchemically" bonded spirit to a form of metal, such is the case of Alphonse Elric.

However that would be consider a forbidden practice? If you want to transform a soul into another object or body, it would consider a deadly amount eek

What?
That's fictional example.
Other than the idea of transhumanism robotics, there is not one way I know of to migrate a soul into an item.
To "make" a 'Soul' or most likely just a thought form, that's definitely possible... Some people disagree on the ethics though, and if you don't have the will power enough it can actually over take you, just like any form of magic.

Naynram Ukir

xxSeikoxx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:49 pm
Naynram Ukir
xxSeikoxx
Naynram Ukir
iDarthy
Naynram Ukir
Sweet.

What?
Other than the idea of transhumanism robotics, there is not one way I know of to migrate a soul into an item.
To "make" a 'Soul' or most likely just a thought form, that's definitely possible... Some people disagree on the ethics though, and if you don't have the will power enough it can actually over take you, just like any form of magic.

But if you use willpower then it would just be considered as an illusion right?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:15 pm
xxSeikoxx
Naynram Ukir
xxSeikoxx
Naynram Ukir
iDarthy
Naynram Ukir
Sweet.

What?

If it's just an illusion, how is it really a soul or a materialized thought form?
This is the reason paradigm shifting is so important in chaos magic. It's there when you want it, but it's also not there when you decide it to be so.

Naynram Ukir

xxSeikoxx

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:22 pm
Naynram Ukir
xxSeikoxx
Naynram Ukir
xxSeikoxx
Naynram Ukir

What?

If it's just an illusion, how is it really a soul or a materialized thought form?
This is the reason paradigm shifting is so important in chaos magic. It's there when you want it, but it's also not there when you decide it to be so.

Using chaos magic that would just go against the law of the bible wouldn't it?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 2:39 pm
xxSeikoxx
Naynram Ukir
xxSeikoxx
Naynram Ukir
xxSeikoxx
Naynram Ukir

What?

I don't think the bible truly goes against the magic of belief since that's what gives it its own powers.  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200

Rustig

4,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 5:16 pm
Cain Elite
I don't think the bible truly goes against the magic of belief since that's what gives it its own powers.

That's a pretty vague sentiment - what "powers" does the Bible have? How do you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that belief is what fuels these powers? Why do you assume that the Bible* is aware of what gives it its powers (given that the vast majority of religions do not hold the belief that "arbitrarily-chosen belief is what makes something powerful", and instead pin this on a deity)?

*by which I mean that people who believe in and use Biblical scripture to inform their decisions

xxSeikoxx

And, conversely, using chaos magick pretty much assumes that you don't take the "law of the bible" as law, unless you're using a Christian Paradigm at that moment in time.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2010 7:02 pm
Mitsh

And, conversely, using chaos magick pretty much assumes that you don't take the "law of the bible" as law, unless you're using a Christian Paradigm at that moment in time.

That's actually what I was thinking. And at the very time you don't use that "Christian Paradigm", your whole soul is not Christian, and therefore not for that deity. If that makes sense.

Naynram Ukir

Padame Basil

5,700 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:44 pm
With alchemy, i believe you can transport from within some of your soul and energy into a doll or something, kinda like in the movie 9. If this is about creating a new soul or your own in general, you can't create a soul. The soul of your own is already within you, you can create your personality and your body, however, you can't morph with your soul.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:00 pm
this is a copy/past of a argument i used with another person. The princible still applyes nut im to lazy to retype it so here just replace the word god with soul and for the most part that should work.

In Egyptian belief one must be remembered to have an eternal afterlife. I am almost certain that the same form of principle would affect the gods them selves.

If you look at belief from a magical point of view you could come to the conclusion that since emotions and thoughts both have a magical energy of there own, by combining them you would come out with belief, and since to forms of the same type of energy were combined to create it then one can assume then belief its self has a magical energy to it.

Take a trip back in time to the point where humans started to believing in such unseen things as the gods. Say back to Ra or Enki. Some prophet spreads the word of there god and all of a sudden you got a whole lota people believing in a single idea, a single entity. All of these people are directing there belief to this single thought. Boom all of a sudden you got your self a god. Its really like asking what came first the chicken or the egg.

Continuing along the same line of thought. where your belief has a magical energy to it. It wouldn't be hard to come to the conclusion that the gods would need a steady flow of this energy, sort of like a food source. Even if we didn't create them I would imagine that this part is true. why else would they want you to pray to them and honour them with what ever it is they wanted, grains and fruit, pigs blood or virgin sacrifice. Ether way each god has there way of being honoured and I think that this acts as there food or energy source.

Now say that you remove this source of energy, I would think that so long as there is some mention of them some where as with the Egyptians they would continue to exist, but I think they would go into a hibernation like state. for those gods we no longer have a record of, say something before Ra or Enki, One would have to assume that they have long since died.

Belief based magic(k) has been around since the dawn of magic its self and I for one believe that with in it lies the origins of the gods.  

Dizzy - atari

Naynram Ukir

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 8:01 pm
To CharmedMethod: Alchemy is about physical symbolism aligned within spiritual progress as far as I see it. I don't think "Alchemy" would be the right term. More like chaos magic than anything.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:47 pm
I think it certainly is possible. This book on freemasonry I've been reading, it says in one part of it *Goes and gets the book*

"Ages passed, and the lonely Builder labored with his plan and only love and humility in his heart, his hand molding the darkness which he blessed while his eyes were raised above where the Great Light had shone down from the heaven. In the divine solitude he labored, with no voice to cheer, no spirit to condemn-alone in the boundless all with the great chill of the morning mist upon his brow, but his heart still warm with the light of the Master's Word. It seemed a hopeless task. No single pair of hands could mold that darkness; no single heart, no matter how true, could be great enough to project pulsing cosmic love into the cold mist of oblivion. Though the darkness settled ever closer about him and the misty fingers of negation twined round his being, still with divine trust the builder made the molds to cast his sacred ornaments. Slowly the building grew and dim forms molded by the Master's hand took shape about him. Three huge, soulless creatures had the master fashioned, great beings which loomed like grim spectres in the semidarkness. They were three builders he had blessed and now the stately file they passed before him, and Hiram held out his arms to his creation, saying, "Brothers, I have built you for your works. i have formed you to labor with me in the building of the Master's house. You are the children of my being; I have labored with you, now labor with me for the glory of our god."
But the specters laughed. Turning upon their maker and striking him with his own tools given to him by God out of heaven, they left their Grand Master dying in the midst of his labors, broken and crushed by the threefold powers of cosmic night."

- The Lost Keys of Freemasonry

It then goes on to the whole god thing, but see again how it mentions that they turn on their maker? I also remember reading about a dalai lama (or something like that) woman who manifested a spiritual being, but then destroyed it because she was losing control of it or something like that. I think I also remember that people described it as a shadow being. So, its not a good idea, at all.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
_Gentle Like The Fawn, Fierce Like The Bear, Protective Like The Wolf.

Its Wolfeh

6,250 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Wall Street 200

Vanilla eXee
Captain

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 24, 2010 9:37 pm
This is an easy one. To keep it PG, I will relate to you a story my friend and I tell.

"When a boyfish and a girlfish fall in love, they want to swim upstream." When they swim upstream, the mommy fish releases eggs, and the daddy fish fertilizes them. After some time, the eggs hatch and babyfish emerge.

If a soul exists, that's how you make one.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:18 am
This is about making a soul out of thin air, not flesh and blood hun.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
_Gentle Like The Fawn, Fierce Like The Bear, Protective Like The Wolf.

Its Wolfeh

6,250 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Wall Street 200

Vanilla eXee
Captain

6,500 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 12:11 pm
No one specified, and you're not going to create a soul out of thin air by watching anime.  
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff