Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
Would you regret having been an Atheist? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you regret it?
  Yes
  No
  Gimme gold.
View Results

Tiptoer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 4:41 am
Hmmm, 1 for regret and 50bajillion for not regreting it. Seems it wasn't such a bad topic after all.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2006 11:41 am
What am I to regret?

That I made the best judgement with the resources I had at hand?
That there is no evidence to support the existance of God?
The God s a sadistic p***k who refuses to provide evidence for his existance, and then comdemns people who take the most rational course to an eternity of torture and pain?

No, I wouldn't regret anything.  

Redem

ChocoChan

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2006 8:27 pm
No, I wouldn't regret anything, because if I am wrong, it's my own damn fault for not noticing it in time. Besides, I don't fancy the thought of spending eternity with a persnickety little wanker like jesus.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 11:15 am
I don't know exactly what about that I could possibly regret. Regret to me is reserved for things that you make a decision about. I didn't actively decide to not believe in God.. that would require me feeling he did exist and then choosing to ignore any sense of faith/belief.  

caustic 0_0

O.G. Prophet

9,500 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Streaker 200

Napoleon_Danneskjold

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 4:20 am
Heaven would be TEH BORING anyway

I mean, what would you do, sit on your a** and play a harp all goddamn day?

It is better to reign in Hell then serve in Heaven-Satan, Paradise Lost  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 5:25 pm
No, I would not regret a thing. I prefer reason over faith.  

Amphex

iMito

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 6:13 pm
What's there to regret? If God is this great being I've heard of, then, assuming he exists, he'll understand and accept me fully.

Oh well, good thing he doesn't exist because then I'd be going to hell according to Christians or be reincarnated, which would always be fun!  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2006 7:02 pm
What i wanna know if you are satanist and you feel heaven would be torture and hell would be awesome, and supposebly "hell" is a place of your worst nitemares, if it were real would a satanist be in a heaven type place since they feel heaven would be a punishment and hell was paradise?  

Satan is my Bitch

Tiptoer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:45 am
Satan is my b***h
What i wanna know if you are satanist and you feel heaven would be torture and hell would be awesome, and supposebly "hell" is a place of your worst nitemares, if it were real would a satanist be in a heaven type place since they feel heaven would be a punishment and hell was paradise?

Yeah....that was unclear, but I get it. And I've thoguht about that too. I tihnk hat their paradigm of Hell being paradise would be over WAY too quickly, lol.  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 9:48 am
No, no regrets, never! If there is a hell I will be thre with all my family and the people I love...so it's not diference to me.  

Kiaori Moon Warrior

Combative Gaian

Napoleon_Danneskjold

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:11 am
Satan is my b***h

Puh-leaze. We are assuming here that God created monkeys that fling poo. Are you telling me such a God is intelligent enough to think like that?  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 5:45 pm
Satan is my b***h
Erm... satanists don't believe in heaven or hell. Or Satan. Long story. .__.;;

I believe in that case, however, the person would be in hell. There hell would be sort of personalized, so it'd be like the boring heaven they pictured. Or they'd just go to whatever level the heretics go to, because I hear that one is pretty painful. It was freezing to death over and over, or having your eyelids peeled, something like that...

S. Shark

iviary

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:14 pm
sybex Shark
Satan is my b***h

I believe in that case, however, the person would be in hell. There hell would be sort of personalized, so it'd be like the boring heaven they pictured. Or they'd just go to whatever level the heretics go to, because I hear that one is pretty painful. It was freezing to death over and over, or having your eyelids peeled, something like that...

Actually, I was under the impression that the heretics are trapped in flaming tombs, surrounded by the river Styx, on level six.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:31 pm
iviary
sybex Shark
Satan is my b***h

Actually, I was under the impression that the heretics are trapped in flaming tombs, surrounded by the river Styx, on level six.
Hm, I must be thinking of a different one. Oh well, they all suck pretty badly. At least it'd be warm.  

S. Shark

Tiptoer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:24 pm
How do you know of these levels? Know a link to a list of the supposed levels? They caught my eye, so I wanted to know what an atheist would supposedly go.  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff