Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
Straight Furries Have It Rough! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:33 am
Furfag does not mean gay furry. It is just something that people call furries.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:46 am
00Shoe
Furfag does not mean gay furry. It is just something that people call furries.

I hearded this "Furfag" but all the times i finked this gay furry. '-'  

Alexis Myth

7,650 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Brandisher 100

kuk0ski

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:00 am
I'm straight and dating a non-fur. At first he was somewhat...alarmed with me being a furry, but only because he had the same misconception most people have about the fandom, which isn't their fault necessarily; I just sorted out what was true and what wasn't, and that was fine, we haven't discussed it since.

I find it stupid that some furries go out of their way to look for other furries to date. It's not a religion, it's a hobby, a liking for certain art, literature, etc. It's not really a lifestyle either, imo. Some furries take it so seriously, and that's what ends up cutting them off from the rest of the world, because they think people are going to be "intolerant" towards them. You can find a perfectly good partner outside or inside the fandom, we're all people here. razz
And the only reason I say that really, is because a fur dating another fur is almost always long distance, and that...sucks. I tried it, for like a year; it's not worth it, most of the time. I mean, sure, some people can make it work, but overall I think it's a bad idea unless you live within a reasonable distance of each other.
In my opinion however, whether or not one is a furry should not really matter in a relationship.
/rantrantrant

tl;dr ANYWHO. Sorry about your break-up. :C If you want to find someone else, go for a nerdy chick, nerds are the best. xD And if you happen to throw out there that you're a furry and she's a p***k about it she's probably too small minded for you anyway. 83  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:09 am
I dident have trouble finding my gf <3

We started off as just good friends and things just went off from there. She says me being a furry is cute whee which is probly the last word id use to describe me =/  

Hogosha neko

12neowolf34

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:28 pm
The Rawrbit
I'm straight and dating a non-fur. At first he was somewhat...alarmed with me being a furry, but only because he had the same misconception most people have about the fandom, which isn't their fault necessarily; I just sorted out what was true and what wasn't, and that was fine, we haven't discussed it since.

I find it stupid that some furries go out of their way to look for other furries to date. It's not a religion, it's a hobby, a liking for certain art, literature, etc. It's not really a lifestyle either, imo. Some furries take it so seriously, and that's what ends up cutting them off from the rest of the world, because they think people are going to be "intolerant" towards them. You can find a perfectly good partner outside or inside the fandom, we're all people here. razz
And the only reason I say that really, is because a fur dating another fur is almost always long distance, and that...sucks. I tried it, for like a year; it's not worth it, most of the time. I mean, sure, some people can make it work, but overall I think it's a bad idea unless you live within a reasonable distance of each other.
In my opinion however, whether or not one is a furry should not really matter in a relationship.
/rantrantrant

tl;dr ANYWHO. Sorry about your break-up. :C If you want to find someone else, go for a nerdy chick, nerds are the best. xD And if you happen to throw out there that you're a furry and she's a p***k about it she's probably too small minded for you anyway. 83

Although I agree having a non-furry significant other is quite possible, you gotta think past your own experiences. For most furries(myself excluded) it is a lifestyle, much like a religious affiliation. To some it's a huge part of their life, even their source of income, and simply ignoring it would be impossible. And sadly, many people are misinformed about the fandom. But as I said before, if you treat the subject oddly people will interpret the subject as odd.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:54 pm
The Rawrbit

/rantrantrant

I think people just find it more convenient to date other furries. That way you don't have any explaining to do when/if they find out. Not to mention some people really misunderstand the whole concept of Furry and might freak out.

But your points are good, no harm in dating outside the fandom. Probably wiser to seek outside the fandom anyway. You can always drag them into it too, if you want. lol  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:31 pm
shoki_de_nai
I think people just find it more convenient to date other furries. That way you don't have any explaining to do when/if they find out. Not to mention some people really misunderstand the whole concept of Furry and might freak out.

But your points are good, no harm in dating outside the fandom. Probably wiser to seek outside the fandom anyway. You can always drag them into it too, if you want. lol

Plus once they see it is not so bad (unless you guys give it a bad name of course :p), they will be more likely to dip their foot in the water.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:29 pm
12neowolf34
The Rawrbit

/rantrantrant

Although I agree having a non-furry significant other is quite possible, you gotta think past your own experiences. For most furries(myself excluded) it is a lifestyle, much like a religious affiliation. To some it's a huge part of their life, even their source of income, and simply ignoring it would be impossible. And sadly, many people are misinformed about the fandom. But as I said before, if you treat the subject oddly people will interpret the subject as odd.

You're right- I should have made it more clear that not everyone feels the way I do about it. ^-^;;  

kuk0ski

Serious discussion & Rants

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces