Lady Gaga Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wishboxx

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:25 pm
Shanna66
none of her music or anything has evil meanings, its just people who hate her trying to make her out to be an evil devil worshiper

im a huge lady gaga fan. i love how she is open with herself and her body. i really admire that confidence and that she is trying to help the gay community. her music is alright but its her that i really love

The fact that you claim to be a "huge lady gaga fan" makes your post a little biased, don't you think? I mean, she claims to stand for God, but behaves differently. She is a worldly woman and isn't someone that represents true Christianity. What she says and what she does contradicts the Word of God and that makes me weary of her honesty when she talks about her faith.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 2:41 pm
I will admit, I was a bit skeptical about the whole illuminati thing but still, in many videos of hers there are inverted crosses, crosses on her genitalia, pentagrams, bamophet, all that stuff. This makes me wonder if I should be listening to her or not.

P.S. I didn't come up with the translation, I got it off of the Internet

P.P.S. No offense, Fenfir. I'm not saying that no one should listen to her, but that with my being Christian and everything in her videos I mentioned above...  

Lucky-Emi

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2010 4:36 pm
Shanna66

im a huge lady gaga fan. i love how she is open with herself and her body. i really admire that confidence and that she is trying to help the gay community. her music is alright but its her that i really love

I don't know much about Lady Gaga, except that I've seen pictures of her and I think her fashion sense is horrible.

When you say open with her body, do you mean that she acts sensual in her music videos? What do you mean exactly?

Remember, Shanna, that we are called to be modest. It is pleasing to God and helps to ward off some temptations (not all by any stretch of the imagination). So it is important that we not flaunt our bodies in a manner that displeases God and causes people to be tempted and/or sin.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:43 am
Lucky-Emi
I have heard about a lot of occult imagery in her videos. What do you guys think about her? And before posting, please at least skim over this:
]http://vigilantcitizen.com/?p=3979

You don't have to look for "hidden" occult imagery to see what's wrong with Lady Gaga.

Basilia Ann E

3,100 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:19 am
Wishboxx
Shanna66
none of her music or anything has evil meanings, its just people who hate her trying to make her out to be an evil devil worshiper

The fact that you claim to be a "huge lady gaga fan" makes your post a little biased, don't you think? I mean, she claims to stand for God, but behaves differently. She is a worldly woman and isn't someone that represents true Christianity. What she says and what she does contradicts the Word of God and that makes me weary of her honesty when she talks about her faith.

i dont think it makes me based at all. some of my favorite bands are satanic or anti god. i like a band based on their music and how they carry themselves, not their religious beliefs

@ scarlet
i like how she shows that we dont have to be ashamed of our bodies or who we are. ill admit that she takes it to extremes but thats one of the things i like about her. god gave us our bodies and we should be proud of them

and i love how she dresses but i like them from an artistic view, not a functional one. to me her clothes are works of art, not clothes  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:08 pm
Shanna66
Wishboxx
Shanna66

i dont think it makes me based at all. some of my favorite bands are satanic or anti god. i like a band based on their music and how they carry themselves, not their religious beliefs

@ scarlet
i like how she shows that we dont have to be ashamed of our bodies or who we are. ill admit that she takes it to extremes but thats one of the things i like about her. god gave us our bodies and we should be proud of them

and i love how she dresses but i like them from an artistic view, not a functional one. to me her clothes are works of art, not clothes

Define being proud of one's body.

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

II-Lymiex-II

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:16 pm
Lucky-Emi
II-Lymiex-II
My opinion on Lady Gaga.... Well, honestly I really like her music. I mean, the lyrics are mostly bad but I don't listen to the lyrics. I listen to the music, and I like the music. I don't really know my opinion on her though...

If you really like the MUSIC, then I recommend listening to only the parodies. That's what I do.

Haha, I love the parodies. Here's a parody of Alejandro, it's hilarious! It's by this guy named Josh (thecomputernerd01). His other videos are really funny too. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V3vL12oGBZY  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:26 pm
Shanna66
Wishboxx
Shanna66

@ scarlet
♩♪♫ 𝔪𝔲𝔰𝔦𝔠 𝔱𝔬 𝔪𝔶 𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔰 ♫♪♩

she has a thin/nice body, naturally she'd be proud... in my point of view all i see in it is a girl very proud of having a top-model body. i would obviously be proud if i had one but i dont, so instead of showing me i shouldn't be ashamed with my body it's more like "i (LG) have a better body than you (LW)!"...  

Lusitana

Invisible Shapeshifter

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:26 pm
Scarlet_Teardrops
Shanna66
Wishboxx
Shanna66

@ scarlet

Define being proud of one's body.

being happy with it, not feeling the need to covor up parts of it just because of a couple of flaws.

im ashamed of my legs so i hide them whenever i can, even when going to the pool i wear swim trunks so i can covor up my legs as much as i can, im trying to be more proud of the body god chose for me and am trying to wear shorts or skirts more often  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 5:44 pm
Luna Wolfgang
Shanna66
Wishboxx
Shanna66

@ scarlet
♩♪♫ 𝔪𝔲𝔰𝔦𝔠 𝔱𝔬 𝔪𝔶 𝔢𝔞𝔯𝔰 ♫♪♩

she has a thin/nice body, naturally she'd be proud... in my point of view all i see in it is a girl very proud of having a top-model body. i would obviously be proud if i had one but i dont, so instead of showing me i shouldn't be ashamed with my body it's more like "i (LG) have a better body than you (LW)!"...

her body has its flaws too, she isnt perfect. but she used to be a stripper so yes, she does have a pretty awesome body. to me though it doenst feel like she is trying to show it off  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Scarlet_Teardrops

Sparkly Genius

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:23 pm

What defines her body being better than another's, or being "awesome"? Based on what you desire? Based on what society says is good? Based on what the medical field says is good?

What makes a body aesthetically pleasing?

Is it what you truly desire or believe, or is it what society has force-fed you since you were born?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:24 pm
Shanna66

@ scarlet

That's exactly what I mean by biased. Are you by any chance a Christian? If so, then you really shouldn't be listening to that sort of music. There is a lot of scripture that says we should live clean and pure lives.

Wishboxx

Wishboxx

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2010 6:43 pm
Shanna66

being happy with it, not feeling the need to covor up parts of it just because of a couple of flaws.

im ashamed of my legs so i hide them whenever i can, even when going to the pool i wear swim trunks so i can covor up my legs as much as i can, im trying to be more proud of the body god chose for me and am trying to wear shorts or skirts more often

But by doing so, you are going against the word of God. He calls us to be modest, meek, and humble servants. We are not to be proud and show off what we have just because we have it.

Proverbs 11:2
When pride comes, then comes disgrace, but with humility comes wisdom.

The bible clearly states that we should be humble.

Colossians 3:12
Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

Instead of clothing ourselves in revealing clothing, God calls us to clothe ourselves with the virtues of God's children.

Colossians 3:1-4
1Since, then, you have been raised with Christ, set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. 2Set your minds on the things above, not on earthly things. 3For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God. 4When Christ, who is your life, appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.

When we accept the Holy Spirit into our lives and our hearts, we need to remember that the acceptance of Christ comes with the sacrifice of the self. We are to sacrifice our old selves (the sins, the bad habits, the addictions, etc.) in order to live more pleasing lives for the Lord. No longer should we take part in worldly customs since we are in the process of shedding ourselves of what is worldly.

Lady Gaga is a worldly woman and is not someone that should be put on a pedestal. Instead, we should all devote ourselves to our savior Jesus Christ and praise Him for all that he has done. Her sins are not to be praised, nor is she to be idolized. However, many fail to see how she in fact embodies such sins through her actions, words, and music.

You should not be ashamed of the body God gave you. His creations are beautiful and to be praised. However, we should be humble of the bodies that we are temporarily using, for they will not matter in the Kingdom. It is possible to be appreciative of our bodies without proudly flaunting them or being ashamed of them. We are to remember that they are only on temporary loan to us by the Lord and will be relinquished to Him at the time of our physical deaths. Instead of being proud of the way we look, we should be meek and humble. We should devote ourselves to the development of our faith and education of God.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:22 am
im not saying that we all go around nude and try to weark skanky clothes. im saying that sometimes its nice to look at yourself in the mirror and not cringe and feel disgust at what you see.

yes i am christian and as long as that music doesnt affect my relationship with god then why shouldnt it matter?

@ scarlet
probably what society has force fed me sweatdrop  

Shanna66

9,800 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Full closet 200

Wishboxx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:10 am
Shanna66
im not saying that we all go around nude and try to weark skanky clothes. im saying that sometimes its nice to look at yourself in the mirror and not cringe and feel disgust at what you see.

yes i am christian and as long as that music doesnt affect my relationship with god then why shouldnt it matter?

@ scarlet
probably what society has force fed me sweatdrop

That's just it though. It's the value that people put on appearances. You cringe or praise yourself based on how you look that day. That's not the way it should be. We should be ashamed or appreciative for the way we behave and the values/morals we carry with ourselves. We Christians should be more focused on what makes us better Christians and not what makes us aesthetically pleasing to ourselves or others.

You'd be surprised, but it really does effect your relationship with God. The mouth speaks what the heart is filled with. What she says in her songs clearly shows what's in her heart. Why anyone wants to fill themselves with such negativity is beyond me. She is effecting your relationship with the Lord whether you see it or not. Do you feel any closer to the Lord when you listen to Lady Gaga? If your answer is no, then why do you continue to invest effort and time into something that just takes time and effort away from your relationship with God. If your answer is yes, think of how strong your relationship with God would be if you listened to music that wasn't so heavy with sin.

There's more than enough scripture in the bible to accompany my words, so it's not like I'm speaking out of my butt. But it is your choice to either follow the word of God or ignore it.

~Ancient Scrolls~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff