Welcome to Gaia! ::

FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever

Back to Guilds

The best final fantasy guild on gaia; covering for ALL of your Final Fantasy needs! 

Tags: final fantasy, kingdom hearts, square enix, gaming, forever 

Reply FFF ~ Final Fantasy Forever
Who is the best, and therefore the worst main character? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Who is worse?
  Tidus
  Cecil Harvey
View Results

Queen Jacklynn

7,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:58 pm
The wost is by far Zell
the Best is ofcores Squall  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:39 am
My favourite main character would hafta be Celes Chere from Final Fantasy VI. I'm certain she would constitute as a main character considering she is the character you control from about halfway through the game, and you can conceivably beat the game without getting Terra. So they are both kinda the main heroines. Anywho, I like her best because even though FFVI was pre-playstation era, they did well to portray her character considering the limitations. She wasn't the typical damsel in distress, even though you do hafta save her when you first get her LOL! She had calm and cool personality, though not a particularly flat one. She was still prone to emotional moments, but didn't dwell on them constantly like some main characters often tend to do. So that's just a few if the reasons I like her best, I don't wanna rant on too long hehe...

The main character I dislike the most would hafta be Vaan. Just like everyone else says, he's just the lil tag along boy, and so dang annoying!!  

Arikaz

PrinceUltraSexy

4,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Befriended 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:36 pm
To me the best main character was Terra. I could personally connect to her not feeling like she belonged and out of place. And I especially like that she is a main character that does not have a love interest. Instead, she finds joy in being a mother to orphans. And that is something special.

Worst? Hmmm... WoL?? I just couldn't relate to him. In the original FF he was just some generic person. But even in Dissidia I ad a hard time relating to him.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:13 pm
Arikaz
My favourite main character would hafta be Celes Chere from Final Fantasy VI. I'm certain she would constitute as a main character considering she is the character you control from about halfway through the game, and you can conceivably beat the game without getting Terra. So they are both kinda the main heroines. Anywho, I like her best because even though FFVI was pre-playstation era, they did well to portray her character considering the limitations. She wasn't the typical damsel in distress, even though you do hafta save her when you first get her LOL! She had calm and cool personality, though not a particularly flat one. She was still prone to emotional moments, but didn't dwell on them constantly like some main characters often tend to do. So that's just a few if the reasons I like her best, I don't wanna rant on too long hehe...

The main character I dislike the most would hafta be Vaan. Just like everyone else says, he's just the lil tag along boy, and so dang annoying!!
final fantasy vi has no main character in my opinion, dissidia seems to say terra, but i see it as locke, terra, celes, sabin, edgar, and even a little bit of setzer  

Saiyan-Cetra Kid

Saiyan-Cetra Kid

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 12:19 pm
and ive come to a conclusion...this is why i like bartz and ramza
let's see...in order:

WoL-that game was boring, so i didn't finish it

Firion-that game was boring, so i didn't finish it

Onion Knight-that game was boring, so i didn't finish it

Cecil Harvey-whiney a** punk, who is like, oh paladin is a beast i must be a paladin, then gets weaker and still whines, and he loses the damn final battle

Bartz-there is no point where i get annoyed with anyone in this game but krille, so Bartz, i admire you for keeping it together

Final Fantasy VI doesn't have a main character

Cloud Strife-too much identity crisis

Squall Leonheart-uh, kind of a dull person, way too brooding

Zidane Tribal-um...he's too comic relief through 3 discs

Tidus-...........I HATE HIM......go rikku

11-12 suck

Lightning-...too much like old characters

and

Ramza-the beast who gets ABSOLUTELY NO CREDIT WHEN DESERVED  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:01 pm
Worse Character Squall <=Honestly I just hate the guy

Best Character Cloud and Zack  

ZackFair_01

Saiyan-Cetra Kid

PostPosted: Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:43 pm
RAMZA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 5:18 am
Worst main character, Vaan. I don't think I really need to explain this.

Best? I really did like Tidus as a main (despite what the poll up there says). I mean he saves the world but in the end as a oppose to a typical happy ending, he disappears and leaves behind the woman he loves (apparently X - 2 brings him back, not that I'm totally complaining though).

I also liked Lightning as a main character. I mean the first scene in the game and she's already kicking butt, she's probably the most badass female character in the entire series run so far (IMO at least).  

the_great_detective

3,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Window Shopper 100

samdoo

4,800 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:00 pm
Arikaz

That's exactly how I felt about Terra (and Celes is one of my favorite characters!)

My favorite main characters have to be Cecil and Ramza

Cecil was NOT whining he had what we call a CONCIENSE!!!!! He felt horrible about what he did first to Mysidia then to Mist. And he didn't really have a choice whether he became a paladin or not it was either: Become a paladin and try to fix what you've done or let the world die! The king was like his father, and don't you think that was just a little distressing when he was controlled by Zemus? When compared to other main characters (such as Terra and Tidus) he's actually a good Main Character

Ramza's just Ramza if you've played Tactics that's probably enough said! whee

From what I've played I say Terra (If she counts) has to be one of the worst. She was kind of like a really lame combo of Cecil, Rydia, and Celes (three of my faves lol) that complains like Tidus! I have to say that Tidus is down there too (even though I'm not that far in 10)  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:54 pm
For me my two favorite main characters come down to Cecil (FFIV) and Ramza (FFT)

Cecil I loved the concept of the character, the change we see him go through throughout the game was a good one which for me made him a good character to see develop and follow through the game.

Ramza I loved the struggles this character goes through throughout the game. Considered the black sheep of the Beoulve family, a heretic, the confrontations between him and his best friend Delita which makes the conflict more interesting and entertaining. Oh how I wish they include him in Dissidia.

For my least favorite, my bottom two are Squall and Vaan.

Squall was too emo and brooding, I like a main character who has passion for what he believes in and what he's doing, if he doesn't care why should we? I didn't get that at all from Squall, for him, he was just doing his job, nothing more.

Vaan was a background character thrusted into the roll of main character. Square made it no secret that Basch was intended to be the main character for XII, heck even Ashe and Balthier would have made better main characters. We saw the story told through Vaan's eyes, which I had no problem with, but when they try to pass him off as thee main, central character in the story, annoyed me quite a bit.

EDIT: I would also love to add to my favorite main characters Zidane. (FFIX) After dealing with an emotionless personality minus in Squall Zidane was a really nice turn around as a main character. He had a cool personality, lively, and when he goes through an emotional moment in the game you can feel for him.

Cookie Icer

EmpressFate

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:14 pm
Worst is totally Vaan, but honestly that whole game was kind of iffy. (I liked him and penelo better in tactics A2)

Best is...well, squall and cloud were funny, but Terra is so cool!! Hmmm...yup, definetly her.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:48 pm
My favorite would definately be Tidus from FFX, no questions asked.

I don't really know that I have a least favorite, maybe Squall if I had to  

Polynesian Fire

Etzlenos Belliveau

Dapper Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 9:16 pm
Best : Zidane.
Worst : Squall

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:36 am
Saiyan-Cetra Kid

oh and cloud isnt very cool
he whines through the second half of the game and the whole movie

GO TIFA!! KICK EVERYONES a**!!