Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply U/C
Brink of Delusion; Crystal's Shine ((OOC Thread)) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sonic fans, anyone?
  Hellz Yeah
  Hellz No
  Sonic who?
  The Hedgehog you dolt! :P
View Results

Scythe de Zaran

Tipsy Punching Bag

24,125 Points
  • Pie Trafficker 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:32 pm
I was going to say... let's make Jolyre the first opponent... just kidding. Alright, I'm going to think up a post now.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:16 pm
This seems to be going rather well. I bet the people in that Tylem bar are so WTF? right now. I kinda figured Glorion Crystalis would be screwed up in some way, the religious theocracies always are *cough* Halo!*cough* biggrin

and since Claided and Drac are bustin out themes for their characters...

Suri is kind of the calculating type when he gets down to it. So this song goes well with him, considering he's part metal anyhow....actually i just love techno/trance. The Strategist ...I think this is from a game series.  

Jest_A_Clown

Dapper Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Draconia Crystalis

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 11:28 pm
Heck, the people in charge being corrupt is practically a mainstay of the Final Fantasy series and in roleplaying games in general. Yevon (FFX), Shinra Corp (FFVII), the Alexandrian Kingdom (FFIX), the Kingdom of Baron (FFIV), the list goes on. It's not the most original idea in that respect, but I think the way I will executed it will be a little entertaining.

And that song is from a game. A game from the popular RTS franchise, Dune. It's very nice, as are Claided's songs.

And now he's gone.... Gee, Animus sure knows how to be frustratingly elusive and intentionally cryptic, doesn't he? mrgreen  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 4:56 pm
I lol-ed at all of your comments. If this had been any other situation- ah, whatever! It would be hilarious to see Jolyre be the next boss, in theory.

And I totally imagined something awkward happen in the back room and the whole outpost just go completely silent, only imaginary crickets chirping (an anime moment). Thanks for that image, Drei. >.<
Plus the image of Drac and mine's avi all of a sudden pulling out a little youtube web page pictures out of their pocket- I have no idea were that came from, either. And I really like Suri's theme, really fits him (imagines Suri trying to do a really fast Macarana to the music. I think I've had too much tea, my imagination's getting the better of me).

Gio's would totally fit an anime opening, nice and dramatic with tons of cool show off scenes. (Like this, 'sept more fighty: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FU-xUPZinNQ ). I can't wait to see everyone elses. :3

It's good that you like the idea, I wasn't sure if it was a little too kiddy. But yay corruption! (it's always fun) : D

Animus: *pops in* 'Hey guys!' <3 *pops out*
Crystal Bearers + other humans: O.o 'Uh....'
Tavern people: O.o '..?'

(Still is trying to find Earth Bearer, I would suggest my close friend because she's a great rp-er. But she has zero time for rp-ing nower days...)
User Image  

Black Claided Cat

Dapper Lunatic

17,175 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Mark Twain 100

Draconia Crystalis

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:40 pm
Hahaha. Actually, it's funny you should mention that, because Re:Birth is actually the theme song to an awesome Anime-based game I found out about recently. I decided to find out what the lyrics meant and found it was quite relevant to my character's emotions.

The game is pretty much the only Gundam game I have ever been excited about, since I'm not a huge fan of the series. However, the game is pretty much the most authentic and engaging looking mecha game that I have ever seen, with huge battles and mechas from various popular series in one huge cross-over. The first thing that got me interested is the fact that Knightmare Frames and characters from Code Geass R2 are featured in it.

Here's a video that showcases the theme in the official promotional video for Another Century's Episode R: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzDizJijn-g (Woo for Lancelot Conquista!)

And here is just an example of why this gameplay gets me excited. (Woo for Guren S.E.I.T.E.N.!) I want to get a PS3 so bad, and even though it is only in Japan, it is fortunate that a US PS3 can play imported games without any modification. Like I said, I'm not much of a Gundam person, but this game has me in fangasms.

Anyway, thank you for tolerating my fanboyism for this game.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 5:50 pm
I feel all outdated now. The newest system I own is a PS1...and every Nintendo evolution up to the Gamecube XD
I rock some mean FF7 and Legend of the Dragoon though.
Because the PS3's lack of backwards compatability depressed me greatly.
and feel free to tweak my bio as much as you need, Draco. I try to give them fairly extensive backgrounds in case things like that need to be weaved in later.
It's exciting : D  

MadameDPomp

Greedy Lover

Draconia Crystalis

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 6:25 pm
Oh, I definitely won't do it carelessly, though. I only would make minor changes like the one I just made,(If you consider it minor) that don't change the essential core, but just reveal something new.

The newest console I have is a Wii. I have PS2, Gamecube, X-Box, PS1, and a Sega Genesis. (I grew up with none other than Sonic the Hedgehog from the age of 2 1/2!) My favorite games are varied and many, but mostly have to do with Roleplaying games, as I love the stories and battle systems. They are FFVII, FFVIII, FFIX, FFX, FFT (Tactics), Legend of Dragoon, Dark Cloud, Rogue Galaxy, Tales of Symphonia, Tales of the Abyss, Tales of Destiny 2(Tales of Eternia in Japan), Xenogears, Xenosaga, Star Wars Knight of the Old Republic 1&2, Star Ocean Till the End of Time, Chrono Trigger, Disgaea, Disgaea 2, Soul Nomad and the World Eaters..... the list goes on.

I'm definitely glad to find another person that loves Legend of Dragoon too. It's a game that not many have ever played, and had one of the most unique battle systems of its time. Plus, Dragoon Armor rocks the socks.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 8:30 pm
I have Wii, Ps2, Gamecube, and a working N64 system. I still play games like Legend of Zelda and Banjo Kazooie and Mario64 on it biggrin

I'm definately a FF fan all the way, though FFX (and somewhat X-2) are my most favorite....(and ff7 Dirge of Cerberus *fangasm*)

Claided...are you as much of an anime fan as me? Cuz I was thinking much along the same lines even though we probably have different images in mind lol....I just had an odd image of Suri doing the Caramell Dansen...dear lord my brain scares me sometimes lol  

Jest_A_Clown

Dapper Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

Draconia Crystalis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:50 am
Hahahaha, I'd seen that before, but never known what it was called. A particular picture that I found and loved was...

User Image
Zidane Tribal and Vivi.

My god I love that.

Suri doing this dance would indeed be very interesting, as well as a group zombie-dance a-la Disgaea 3's opening animation.

Dood! Imagine it... a bunch of Humans, a Nero Angeal, normal Angeal, Sahagin, Giant, and a Cyborg all dancing together like that. You think your brain can be scary? Try living in my head for a day.

Why don't we all share some of our favorite games and animes, or whatever favorites we have? In terms of anime, my top two anime that I absolutely love are Code Geass and Katekyo Hitman Reborn. Not many people have heard of Reborn, but the main character is the Chibi I adopted in my sig.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:15 am
Sweet! Another Tales fan!

Hey All! Glad to be in this RP after going on a 1 year Hiatus from Gaia after I rp-ed so heavily before.

So what's been decided as the first thing the Party's going to do?  

Vizzion

Draconia Crystalis

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:24 am
Well, I was thinking about taking Claided's idea from the bottom of the first page. Though maybe to make the introduction of the enemy a little easier to work into, we could just have it be that a mercenary group is hired to attack and destroy them, to take their Crystals. Now, any old ordinary humans or even cyborgs would be no match for Crystal Bearers, so I was thinking that maybe that mercenary group could have Artificial Crystals from the Servant Crystal Project of Metrino, who would have hired them. Obviously, the ones who hired them would be the Blackhand organization Suri introduced earlier. This mercenary group could have some relation or significance to either Alane or Harrier or both, but that is optional.

The mercenaries could be a consistent enemy for a while, and through conflicts with those mercenaries, they could go to Renara, the Earth Nation, to search for that elemental Bearer, who would be a prime target as he/she would be alone.

If need be, I will take over the Earth Bearer position if it isn't taken, but I will have something that I wish to request as a possible idea with Claided to work on behind the scenes with her, so you all can expect something fun from that if I end up having to play the Earth Bearer. Once the mercenary Group is taken care of, then maybe the Blackhand could start causing trouble or a war with another nation (Probably either a powerful one like Zarrenki, or a peaceful one like Iriem.) That would give us a reason to hold off on going to Metrino and keep the Blackhand around for a while longer than heading straight for Metrino.

Along the whole way, Gio would end up absorbing more shards of the Fate Crystal, and have various episodes of being possessed by one entity or another. But he would undoubtedly become stronger over time, and I plan to slowly drop hints as to his true powers, which should be quite fun for you all to see.

So how does that rough outline sound everyone? that has enough room for us all to bend and shape it as we will, but also gives us a goal to reach for. I literally thought of all of this in the span of five minutes, from the moment I read Vizzion's post asking what we will do next.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:58 pm
While we're posting character themes and whatnot, I find that "Sleeping Sickness" sums Jolyre up pretty well.

Sleeping Sickness
^^^Youtube Video^^^
I don't have an end theme for her yet x_X
------------------------------------------
And that outline's cool for me. Can't think of anything especially groundbreaking to offer...and you covered the next several posts with that anyways : D
------------------------------------------
as for the whole video games and animes thing.
I don't really watch anime..knowingly anyways.
But I grew up on the Final Fantasy franchise. Although, to be honest, I think it started to go down hill after FFX.
Legend of the Dragoon, Quest 64 XD, I rock some Legend of Zelda every now and then. Anything RPG-y. Fire Emblem! Loved Fire Emblem.  

MadameDPomp

Greedy Lover

Jest_A_Clown

Dapper Lunatic

7,150 Points
  • Pie Feeder 50
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:58 pm
My favorite animes would be: Higurashi, Wolf's Rain, Inuyasha (before it turned into a soap opera), Elfen Lied, Full Metal Alchemist, Vampire Knight, Hellsing, and...Bokusatsu Tenshi Dokuro-chan. biggrin

I remember when Caramell Dansen was a popular fad for us geeks...happened right about the time Super Smash Bros. Brawl came out for the Wii. Good times...

I'm cool with that plan, once we all hear what's needed in the back room of that bar, we need to haul out of there and get started...after some preparation I guess.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:33 am
Damn I didn't think I provoked thought like that! Lol. By the way on the topic of Introducing enemies, there could be like a group of Angry/Jealous Scholars from Crylos who wish to get rid of Orin and the other Bearers. Their Motivation? Jealousy over their crystals since they are still trying to perfect their "Servant Crystals" and these people already have the crystals in their hand?

By the way, I am going to apologize here since My character is about to enter condescending mode.  

Vizzion

Draconia Crystalis

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2010 6:48 am
Perfectly alright, and I only mentioned Metrino would be working to develop Servant Crystals together, but I meant to include Crylos. Crylos would understand the magical theory, while Metrino would have the technological prowess to actually manufacture them. I say it works out well so that all nations are involved so far, except for Terminus and Lamina. Those will be last.

Oh, and I'd imagine that the kind of condescending you are aiming for is something on the level of Colonel Jade Curtiss, Commander of 3rd Division Malkuth Imperial Forces. Would that be an accurate assumption? I actually imagined someone like that when I made Crylos an academic nation.  
U/C

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff