Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
Are you open about being a furry? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zi the Huskyfox

Shirtless Werewolf

5,600 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 11:52 pm
I'm a bit open, I wear a dog collar and ears. ( Only if I can make my own tail. I kind of screw up on ears, they look like panda's/ cat's ears. Thank goodness I have the collar )  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:32 pm
im open... but i dont express it all the time. All my friends know and i tell them once i know them better and trust them...  

Riccarlit

9,600 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Flatterer 200

Hogosha neko

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:53 pm
The only person irl who knows is my gf. But even when im around her i dont even mention it...still feel uncomfortable about it.

The only other people who know are thoes online who do not know me irl. i dont own any furry things yet, but i would like to get a collar to wear...but even that i cant bring myself to do. when it comes to just me in general im normally secretive about everything. Nobody really knows much about me, but i guess thats because i dont make myself obvious.

If i were to meet another furry irl i dont think id mention being one myself. Id probly just act all oblivious about it and ask questions to make sure they dident know that i was XP

i really wish there was a much wider variety of people at my school, but everyone seems to be so much more normal than me so i just end up blending in (except for the fact i paint my nails).

So yeah, apart from online people i dont know and my gf im 100% closet fur XP  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:07 pm
i know joey wheelers not open about his furriness  

Heartless_requiem

Tipsy Loiterer

7,150 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200

xXAngel of ProtectionXx

3,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:04 pm
TALKING PLANT!!!! xd  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:25 pm
I guess I'm a little open. I tend to hiss at people and things I don't like.  

Lord Derpingsworth

4,900 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Popular Thread 100

xXAngel of ProtectionXx

3,100 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:28 pm
I used to do that all the time, but that was before I became a furry. And I decided to stop because the school had me tested stare  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:46 pm
I never had a problem telling anyone that asked, but I didn't go around wearing ears and a tail or anything like that. Never really was my forte.  

12neowolf34

Nenth

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:14 pm
The only people that know I am furry are my friends, but I don't brag about it because its not cool.

Although the only thing that I wear that is furry related is my fox tuque (or toque) during the winter, which is coming very soon.

Oh how I love cold weather.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 1:30 am
i obviously have those who i am open to about it, but i am selective about my audience.

thing is, i don't have a Fursona, so i'm pretty sure i don't technically qualify as a Furry. but i know what i like, and what i'm into.  

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Disturbed-Perfection

4,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:00 pm
I GO TO SCHOOL WITH A FURRY PRIDE SHIRT ON AND A TAIL AND EARS AND COLLAR. I HAVE BOOTS AND GLOVES THAT LOOK LIKE PAWS AND I HAVE A MUZZLE THINGY I STRAP TO MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i also got expelled for telling a teacher to f** off when he told me to take them off.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 2010 10:01 pm
Disturbed-Perfection
I GO TO SCHOOL WITH A FURRY PRIDE SHIRT ON AND A TAIL AND EARS AND COLLAR. I HAVE BOOTS AND GLOVES THAT LOOK LIKE PAWS AND I HAVE A MUZZLE THINGY I STRAP TO MYSELF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!WHOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and i also got expelled for telling a teacher to f** off when he told me to take them off.

lol jk  

Disturbed-Perfection

4,850 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100

Akuma Dulcet

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 12:37 am
Not really, but kinda? I wear ears in public sometimes, but I've never told anyone that I'm a furry, mostly because they probably wouldn't even know what I was talking about. xP  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 7:21 pm
Honestly? I don't see what there is to be "open" about. It's a fandom. I don't get people who "come out of the furry closet" like it's some kind of big-a** deal that everyone needs to know about.

So, I'm a fan of anthro critters. Who gives a flying ********? It's an interest, a hobby, something I'm a fan of. I'm a fan of the show Scrubs too, but you don't see me dressing up like Dr.Cox and proclaiming that it's a lifestyle and everyone should accept me.  

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200

SilentFox21993

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:11 am
I just got a fox tail the other day (THANK YOU HALLOWEEN!), and I thought I would be too scared to wear it at school, but I wanted to try. I went to lunch today, put on my collar and tail, and went along with my business. People asked about it, and I got a few people say it was cute. I even learned that a friend of mine also has a tail, and now we are both going to wear them tomorrow. I am not completely open, of course...but I`m taking baby steps...and I realized that I feel more complete wearing my tail. >>> I don`t personally like ears or muzzles. I just keep my ears covered by my hair and leave it at that. I found out that my girlfriend, who is not furry, finds my tail and collar to be sexy. I laughed when I learned that one. As for behavior, people say they act like the animals...but dog behavior is part of me. I`ve never been able to help it. I yip occasionally, bark and growl at things I don`t like, I love to have my head scratched, and I love to be treated like a dog. I don`t consider it to be `acting.` And am I the only one who actually LIKES dog treats???  
Serious discussion & Rants

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff