Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkle Motion - JULY 2012 - ON SUMMER BREAK

Back to Guilds

For Socialites, Fashionista's, and the generally Fabulous. 

Tags: Beauty, Learning, Fashion, Tutorials, Cooking 

Reply ★News Archives★ Read News From Previous Months Here.
SM NEWS - October 2010 - Halloween Issue! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Did you read the news this month ?
  +
View Results

Hallow - Delete Account

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:40 pm
Yay, I love Halloween! ^_^ It's my favorite holiday, haha. <3

Thanks for the interesting write up on Halloween too... I knew most of it, but I'd always wondered why they'd made the switch to pumpkins. My mother always said it was because the seeds of a pumpkin tasted better, but I knew from a very young age that that's why she preferred carving pumpkins. wink

Also, I had no idea it was breast cancer awareness month. @_@; I'm a horrible female... >_>

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:41 pm
Glad to see you guys enjoying the news. 3nodding  

Madame Vita
Captain

Aged Noob

9,200 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200

Zlizabeth

5,150 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 12:20 pm
as a proud pagan i say happy Samhain to all!!!!! i just cant wait for this year!!!  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 3:15 pm
Zlizabeth
as a proud pagan i say happy Samhain to all!!!!! i just cant wait for this year!!!

Blessed Be Sister Pagan!!!!!! Samhain Blessings to you and yours.  

One Witchy Woman
Crew

Wrathful Mystic

37,950 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Romantic Fortune Seeker 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

xena91388
Vice Captain

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2010 8:39 pm
I though pagans don't like calling their beliefs pagan. . . ninja

Isn't it funny how much "pagans" and Catholics have in common? We're both superstitious as hell and everyone else from Baptist to Atheist calls us crazy for it. rofl

If there's som'thin strange!
In the neighborhood!
Who ya gonna call!?

Priest-man!, Spiritual Medium!, White Witch!, or Egon! whee  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 11:31 am
xena91388

Isn't it funny how much "pagans" and Catholics have in common? We're both superstitious as hell and everyone else from Baptist to Atheist calls us crazy for it. rofl

In the neighborhood!
Who ya gonna call!?

Well its easier than saying I am a polytheistic neo-celtic/druiadic with Irish Pictish overtones and tend to follow the old Celtic traditions of Goddess/nature worrship not to be confused with Wiccans which is TOTALLY different in many of its basic tenants and theological base beliefs. So saying I'm pagan or even Neo-pagan is MUCH easier. 4laugh
As for how much our two religions have in common? Considering Catholosism came AFTER pagans and MOST widespread Catholics are decendents of 'converted' Pagans it makes sense that many tradtions and symbolisms would be integrated into modern Catholism, As well as other christian faiths. I don't care what people call themselves or their faith as long as they aren't hurting others or forcing their beliefs on me.  

One Witchy Woman
Crew

Wrathful Mystic

37,950 Points
  • Novice Mage 100

xena91388
Vice Captain

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:44 pm
Yup! My philosophy on life: If they ain't gonna harm me or my family in any way, why should I care how they spend their days? I mean seriously! I'm Catholic and still buddy-buddy with a Muslim chic, a gay dude, and Southern Baptist gal. We all meet at the frozen yogurt place after class and chill! (Gotta love University Diversity lol) We just don't care. (Although we may have to kick the gay dude out, we just found out he supports The 'Noles! That traitor!) *cough*gogators*cough*

I actually got into a religious argument in another guild over the Mosque being built near Ground Zero. So many people were saying it shouldn't be built because of the religion alone, I decided to educate them on the bloody and violent past of Christianity from Romans forcing conversion across Europe, to the KKK actions of today. 85% of the gruesomest torture devices and methods know to man were created for the purpose of Religious persecution.

BTW, You never said who you would call! rofl I chose Egon!!! Excuse me whilst I go squee for him in FanRant.

Ya know, last summer when I was working for the Census, I met the lady who actually told me I was going to hell for being Catholic. Not unused to hearing this down here in the South I calmly asked her why. She believes Catholics based their religion around pagans to convert more people. That we "worship" the virgin Mary to fulfill a need for Gaia and Mother, All Saints Day was put on November 1st to coincide with Samhain, ect. . . . . . . . . . . . . .

. . . . . . . . . . . I plead the fifth

One Witchy Woman
xena91388

In the neighborhood!
Who ya gonna call!?

Well its easier than saying I am a polytheistic neo-celtic/druiadic with Irish Pictish overtones and tend to follow the old Celtic traditions of Goddess/nature worrship not to be confused with Wiccans which is TOTALLY different in many of its basic tenants and theological base beliefs. So saying I'm pagan or even Neo-pagan is MUCH easier. 4laugh
As for how much our two religions have in common? Considering Catholosism came AFTER pagans and MOST widespread Catholics are decendents of 'converted' Pagans it makes sense that many tradtions and symbolisms would be integrated into modern Catholism, As well as other christian faiths. I don't care what people call themselves or their faith as long as they aren't hurting others or forcing their beliefs on me.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 8:31 pm
If i got ghosts I call ME. Or I guess that counts as White Witch? Seriously, I seem to be the go to girl for ghosts and spooky boogedy boos. I was once thrown out of a church for asking why they where monotheistic if they prayed to the father the son and the holy ghost cause isn't that THREE different guys? The priest was NOT happy with me. Then of course I had an ex-boyfriend who got in trouble and told his family it was my fault for being pagan and he was trying to save my soul. His mom went weird anointing the house with extra virgin olive oil and him and his brother told the whole school that i was an evil witch and would sacrifice dogs and chickens on the front lawn. As a plus to that though i was given a wide berth by most of the school. Having a tattoo at sixteen wasn't much help dispelling the scary witch rumors but eh, i love my tattoos and didnt care much either way.  

One Witchy Woman
Crew

Wrathful Mystic

37,950 Points
  • Novice Mage 100

Madame Vita
Captain

Aged Noob

9,200 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 1:17 am
User Image

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2010 2:13 pm
I'm cool with people calling me a Pagan or a Witch. It really doesn't phase me at all. I'm technically a Hedgewitch/Greenwitch though. Pagan is a useful umbrella term.  

Bohemian_Scara

Melodious Lunatic

7,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200

Madame Vita
Captain

Aged Noob

9,200 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2010 2:51 pm
User Image

So Who is dressing up ?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 2010 2:56 pm
Me and puppy are gonna parade around various costume contests as Witch and Kitty. Then on Halloween, I'm gonna shake my thang around the clubs in mah witch gear pirate

Madame Vita
User Image

So Who is dressing up ?

xena91388
Vice Captain

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Madame Vita
Captain

Aged Noob

9,200 Points
  • Overstocked 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:57 pm
lmao poor puppy. Sounds like fun chica

xena91388
Me and puppy are gonna parade around various costume contests as Witch and Kitty. Then on Halloween, I'm gonna shake my thang around the clubs in mah witch gear pirate

Madame Vita
User Image

So Who is dressing up ?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:01 pm
I'm thinking Ninja now biggrin

Madame Vita
lmao poor puppy. Sounds like fun chica

xena91388

Madame Vita
User Image

So Who is dressing up ?

xena91388
Vice Captain

Gambino Zealot

14,150 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
★News Archives★ Read News From Previous Months Here.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games