Nintendo 3DS: Why ¥25,000 Is Not $300 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MaverickDrifter

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:24 am
Meta_Fish
That's the translated yen price, but when games come over they often change prices because of differences in economies and what companies know people will and won't pay for things. Did you read it at all? xd
I mean the Wii when it originally came out XD  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:23 am
pkmlpkms10
$250?! Little much...But knowing Nintendo it's probably worth it. I mean, when the Wii came out you could NEVER find one. All the stores were sold out and you would gladly pay $250 if you found one. I really hope it doesn't come down to that when the 3DS comes out.

Well, your going to have to beat down rabid nintendo fan boys, and girls, and break down every obstacle in your path just to get it, so Yeah, it could be like the wii yeah.  

You Silly Wanker

6,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:38 am
digi734
Meta_Fish
That's the translated yen price, but when games come over they often change prices because of differences in economies and what companies know people will and won't pay for things. Did you read it at all? xd

See: "No."  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:48 am
This all means nothing to me. I guess the 3DS will be about the same price the Wii was at launch.  

Super Cheesio

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:53 am
Enter the Awesome
Well, the 3DS IS a portable 3d ds which much better graphics and better auto, or some other thing, and your asking for a lower price. It doesn't seem reasonable, but still.
This bewilders me.

pkmlpkms10
$250?! Little much...But knowing Nintendo it's probably worth it. I mean, when the Wii came out you could NEVER find one. All the stores were sold out and you would gladly pay $250 if you found one. I really hope it doesn't come down to that when the 3DS comes out.
The PSP launched for $250 when it came out and that was about six years ago, which, inflation-wise would rise up to about $290, and the 3DS is much more worth it now than the PSP was worth it then (or ever).

Yes, it will probably be a hard item to get no matter what the price. I'll be waiting on launch day.

digi734
$300? It was $250.

Super Cheesio
This all means nothing to me. I guess the 3DS will be about the same price the Wii was at launch.
It's likely. I'm not sure about European prices for things, though.

[Kegan]
See: "No."
BAN.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:59 pm
What is this, Q&A time with Fish?

That's actually not a bad idea...  

Super Cheesio

Mukuchina Kurasu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 3:40 pm
Very interesting. Though even 250 is a little much for me to buy at launch I think. I am very sort on money at the moment... sad  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 4:28 pm
Really? Huh, thought it was more than that :/

But anyways, with all that sutff in the 3DS, that's actually not that bad.

Also for Q&A time with Fish, where do da babies com fwum?  

MaverickDrifter

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:46 pm
I would still pay 300$ anyway.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:40 pm
Wii was like, $279.99 near launch, wasn't it? o.O I remember it being almost three hundred dollars. No, pretty sure it was like, $179.99. O:  

problematic briefcase

O.G. Sex Symbol

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 2:58 pm
Shiny Gligar
Wii was like, $279.99 near launch, wasn't it? o.O I remember it being almost three hundred dollars. No, pretty sure it was like, $179.99. O:
You have an awful memory. You could always look it up if you don't know, too. In the US it was $250.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:07 pm
Meta_Fish
Shiny Gligar
You have an awful memory. You could always look it up if you don't know, too. In the US it was $250.

You'd be surprised at how bad it is. :c

lolo, hmm. Ohh, wait no. I PAID like, $283 CDN when I got it cause I bought a movie too. This was like, two months after launch, of course I can't remember. emo

problematic briefcase

O.G. Sex Symbol

MaverickDrifter

PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2010 3:09 pm
What AK said.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items