Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you like fries with that?
  No. Gimme the gold!
View Results

Gjornia X

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 7:36 am
music_goggles
I know this is weird, but I don't get nervous for solo performances or auditions. What I get really nervous for is duets and orchestra concerts.

It doesn't really make any sense. I guess I feel more pressure because if I mess something up during the orchestra concert, I feel like I'm letting the group down.

I know what you mean. For mw it's harder because I have to pay close attention to what the other person is playing so my entrances are timely, and when it's not, it's noticeable xp Playing something by mysef is much easier than synching with another person, but that's the beauty in the challenge of music.  
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:51 pm
Somehow I am almost never nervous when I'm performing with someone or in an ensemble. In solo performing, however, my nerves are still a total mystery to me - I can shake like a leaf sometimes, and other times I will be totally fine.

It's different for each performing medium, too - I find that I'm totally NOT cool with performing cello solo, but I love playing in orchestra. I'm just not confident enough in it. For whatever reason, singing solo can be so much easier - though my nerves there are still unpredictable!

In my junior recital, I was shaking through the whole first set of three pieces. Granted, the shaking got a little less fierce as time wore on, but WTF. And then, by the time I came out for my second set, I was cool as a cucumber. What gives??! Grhmmmrrr. neutral  

bloombees

Dapper Genius

3,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Gjornia X

PostPosted: Thu May 23, 2013 6:16 am
bloombees
Somehow I am almost never nervous when I'm performing with someone or in an ensemble. In solo performing, however, my nerves are still a total mystery to me - I can shake like a leaf sometimes, and other times I will be totally fine.

It's different for each performing medium, too - I find that I'm totally NOT cool with performing cello solo, but I love playing in orchestra. I'm just not confident enough in it. For whatever reason, singing solo can be so much easier - though my nerves there are still unpredictable!

In my junior recital, I was shaking through the whole first set of three pieces. Granted, the shaking got a little less fierce as time wore on, but WTF. And then, by the time I came out for my second set, I was cool as a cucumber. What gives??! Grhmmmrrr. neutral

I know my nerves worsen when I feel unprepared for a performance or when I don't glimpse the audience before performing. (I like to sneak out to see who's coming in before a show--I especially spot out the elderly and young children because they make me less nervous. :p ) I've also started to get in the habit of doing mock performances and several dress rehearsals leading up to the performance. It helped me train my endurance for my senior recital and play in an engaging way.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2014 1:01 am
I usually watch something that I know makes me cry buckets the night before, that uses all the extra emotional energy.  

ChrisDaee

Classical Musicians Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces