Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
You know you read/watch/listen to too much HHGG/DNA when... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Destruction Kitty

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:03 am
Nutbuster head + fatty?

I've still got him wearing it. It's the classic Guyasugii look. Though, with the advent of avatar 2.0, he's now holding up his hands in a way that looks as though he ought to be holding a beer in one and a remote control in the other. xp  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:19 am
Ayasugii
holding a beer in one and a remote control in the other. xp

eek Dude, that's just like an urn my art teacher made. It's a fat guy with kinda tall spiky hair, really distorted face with open mouth (so you can put stuff in the urn whee ), little tiny T-rex arms with, you guessed it, a beer (actually, a cylinder - an "ambiguous canned beverage" I call it) in one hand, a remote in the other. biggrin I've given it the title, "Friendly Reminder." It is also informally dubbed Jethro, a name I proposed in jest. stare He's not even a Jethro, really - that's my term for the people in movies and stuff that die either out of stupidity (picking up a glowing, semitransparent, polyhedral asteroid and taking it home with him) or for being in the wrong place in the wrong time (the woods at night).  

Yuki-Onna Reed

Destruction Kitty

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:22 am
eek Was that your 42nd post within the guild?

And Jethro seems like a very good name for a movie Darwin. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:33 am
Ayasugii
eek Was that your 42nd post within the guild?

Oh damn I don't know if it was. Whichever it was, I've missed it. crying I wanted to start an entire thread expressly devoted to my 42nd post when the time came. Oh well.

And note that the term "Jethro" is unisex. And it is not a collective noun.
Therefore:
"Boy, that young married couple is such a couple of Jethroes..."  

Yuki-Onna Reed

Destruction Kitty

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:35 am
xd Perfect! I'll have to use it the next time I'm MST3K-ing a movie.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 12:39 am
Yes, to the confusion and consternation of all... ninja

Who knows? Maybe we'll start a trend...

Yeah, that's how I came up with the term, yelling at my TV screen: "What?! No, don't pick up that glowing meteorite! ...hey, I said don't pick that up! Oh, you stupid Jethro!" scream gonk  

Yuki-Onna Reed

Yuki-Onna Reed

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2005 1:06 am
...anyway, to drag this thread kicking and screaming back on-topic...

...you have downloaded fonts onto your computer with names like 42 (based on the lettering on the cover of the first paperback edition of HHGG, IIRC), Young Zaphod (based on the lettering on the Guide on the TV show - the "large, friendly letters"), Babelfish (don't recall if this'n's based on anything...), and of course, Douglas Adams Hand, which I don't have to tell you what it's based on. cool  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2005 10:27 pm
Oh My God..

you are my people!!! biggrin  

the cats me0w

Tinnumir

PostPosted: Tue Feb 15, 2005 12:02 am
Spike_Theta

...you have downloaded fonts onto your computer with names like 42 (based on the lettering on the cover of the first paperback edition of HHGG, IIRC), Young Zaphod (based on the lettering on the Guide on the TV show - the "large, friendly letters"), Babelfish (don't recall if this'n's based on anything...), and of course, Douglas Adams Hand, which I don't have to tell you what it's based on. cool

Douglas Adams Hand?? wow. Is it entirely unledgible? I read that he said of his handwriting that he couldn't even read it, because he never actually wrote, just typed, and his handwriting fell so much out of use that when he wrote, it was horribly messy and unreadable. *is curious*  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 5:24 am
Tinnumir
Spike_Theta

Douglas Adams Hand?? wow. Is it entirely unledgible? I read that he said of his handwriting that he couldn't even read it, because he never actually wrote, just typed, and his handwriting fell so much out of use that when he wrote, it was horribly messy and unreadable. *is curious*

YKYR/W/LTTMHHGGW...
...you know that Doug's nickname "Bop Ad" was derived from his totally illegible signature. wink

Anyway, the handwriting font is here, fourth one down (currently) in the 1998-infinity section, and is also the reason why Tom Murphy 7 is my hero. mrgreen

Also, I screwed up the post you quoted. Babelfish is based on the large, friendly letters; I have no idea what Young Zaphod is.  

Yuki-Onna Reed

williamthebloody1880

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:15 pm
YKYR/W/LTTMHHGG/DNAW...

...you cross stitch yourself a h2g2 t shirt.

...you insist that your new girlfriend* read the h2g2 books just after you start going out.

...and then you read them as soon as she's* read each one.

...and then you nag her to hurry up cos she's* taking too long.

(Feel free to change to boyfriend/he's if you prefer.)  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 6:42 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

Meatless Cheeze

mostlyharmless

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 8:03 pm
>You dress as AD for halloween.
>You try and make your username have some similarity to HHGG on anything you sign up for.
>You listen to HHGG every day  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 11:18 pm
YKYR/W/LTTMHHGG/DNAW...

...you just wrote out one of your usual massive posts for this thread, but Gaia suffered a random script error or some junk, and you have now returned to announce that this has in fact happened, and are now going to attempt to repost some of your previously compiled list. sweatdrop

Oh! And Meatless Cheeze! I've done the "Don't Panic" thing, but forgot I'd done that 'til you reminded me. Lovely shade of Betelgeuse spaceship green 'tis, too. mrgreen

Nice username there mostlyharmless. 3nodding I think the only HHGG-related username I ever had though was ix_42 somewhere...

Anyway...

YKYR/W/LTTMHHGG/DNAW...
...you both dread and cannot wait for the Movie.
...you recieved a movie gift card with no expiration/blackout dates for Valentine's Day and plan to use it for The Movie.
...you call them dressing gowns, even though you live somewhere where everyone calls them bathrobes.
...you spent a great deal of the Anniversary Ball in the Von Helsons' tea room, making cryptic references to Advanced Tea Substitute (and Pan Galactic Gargle Blasters if someone started in on the "OMGCOfEErULZ4eVRTeeSUXX@@!!!11onebitchbitch" stare ).
...you actually ran into another member of the HHGGGuild in the Tea Room ( mrgreen h'lo again Meatless Cheeze).
...you've used some of them little Magnetic Poetry bits to spell out the phrase "life the universe and everything" and it is now on permanent display somewhere in your home.
...you've tried to connect the Dirk Gently and HHGG serieseseses via "Salmon of Doubt" (ginger-haired prolly-not-an-actor, eh? wink )
...you've stolen a DNA book from the library (twice. sweatdrop I'm a bad citizen).
...while playing The Sims 2 over at a friend's place, you've created sims based on any HHGG character (Ford and Random, BTW... sweatdrop )
...you remember with fondness the time when the About Us page on Neopets was based on HHGG (Adam was Zaphod, Donna was Trillian and the other dude was Marvin IIRC - this was of course before they sold out. once the page was based on Doctor Who (Doctor, Romana and K-9), but that's neither here nor there...)
...you think it's awesome that there's an item on Neopets called the Pan Galactic Gargle Slushy. Even if they did sell out.
...your favorite constellation is Orion.
...the first constellation you could ever identify was Orion (yes, even before the Big Dipper (which is an asterism anyway xp ) sweatdrop )
...you can name by name at least eight stars in Orion.
...you've ever named any sort of bunnyish creature, IRL or otherwise, Agrajag.
...you have a strange fascination with double helixes.
...you read "Salmon of Doubt" before you read (heard) "Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency", thus allowing you to call a major plot point (you know, the one that didn't exist before but Reg managed to save a bit of wink ).
...you feel somewhat let down whenever someone uses a phrase that is close to, but just barely off, "we apologize for the inconvience". ("we apologize for any inconvience" cry awww...so close.)
...you have meditated long and hard (long...hard...huh huh rolleyes ) on the Toothpick Instructions, and have come to the conclusion that either DNA was more perverted than previously suspected, or clearly not perverted enough.
...you meditated long and hard on the last item, and realized the same thing.

Well, that's all for tonight. G'night!

Yuki-Onna Reed

Meatless Cheeze

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 6:30 pm
Spike_Theta: Oh, how lovely. ^_^
Yeah, that was pretty neat running into you at the Ball...

Man! All the while that I've been on Neopets, I never witnessed those things... then again, it's been a good few years since I've been on regularly... I wish I coulda seen that "About Us" page, or the Gargle Blaster... gonk

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games