Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Ultimate Roleplaying (NUR) [CLOSED]

Back to Guilds

A long-lived guild, filled with memories of a time long-gone. RIP NUR. 

Tags: naruto, roleplaying, jutsu, fantasy, discussion 

Reply Non-NaruChat Sub (Talk about anything & everything) [LOCKED]
A Few Friendly Suggestions From A Concerned Long Time Member Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Noa Hayato

7,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:06 pm
jwalker67
Noa Hayato
I am still around, waiting for Kune in Konoha.
And it's not my guild, just happen to be one of the few active people and crew.

it wouldnt happen to be the one in your sig would it?

No, not that one haha. I believe that one has a steady flow of members. It's DSW's guild, Shinobi Life.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:09 pm
Noa Hayato
jwalker67
Noa Hayato

No, not that one haha. I believe that one has a steady flow of members. It's DSW's guild, Shinobi Life.

Lol, alright cool. I asked cause it just so happened I just joined that guild 20 minutes ago based off the banner in your sig...so I got kinda worried when you said that. Lol  

jwalker67

7,000 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Befriended 100

theholyest

Wealthy Fatcat

4,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:16 pm
((I'm in axiom...just keep putting off making a profile, i'll do it later))  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:19 pm
jwalker67
Noa Hayato
jwalker67
Noa Hayato

Lol, alright cool. I asked cause it just so happened I just joined that guild 20 minutes ago based off the banner in your sig...so I got kinda worried when you said that. Lol

Well good thing then, because that guild is awesome as well. You should definetly make a profile.  

Noa Hayato

7,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100

Dark-Ninja70

PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:25 pm
jwalker67
Koneko Kuromira
I second what jwalker67 said in his second point. We know you're not saying that us as individuals totally abandoning Gaia. We're talking about NUR leaving Gaia. If NUR left Gaia, I probably wouldn't follow. It's so easy and convenient here. The formatting is easy. I'm here anyway. If NUR moved somewhere else, it would make things much harder and more complicated, I think -- not to mention having to go through the process of setting everything up all over again in a new location.

Plus, Gaia has safety features against the creepazoids of the internet. If we left and went somewhere else, we would probably lose those protections and things could possibly go way downhill . . . forgive the pessimism, but it's always good to keep the worst case scenario in mind . . .

To be honest, I was actually invited to join NUR a year or two ago, around the time I first joined and started RP-ing on Gaia. I had a lot of stuff going on at the time and didn't have time to read through and start going about building a character, so I declined . . . but here I am now. Other people might be in the same situation, especially with finals/midterms/whatever going on and the holidays coming up.

I agree with most of what you say, but that is why some research is required before such a big move is to happen. We don't want to go blindly into a random forum hosting site thats to complicated for everyone.

And I definitely agree with your second point. Gaia has many safety features, and leaving us open in the internet could attract some unwanted people.

But were all getting ahead of ourselves. I am only stating one simple suggestion if the worst should happen which probably won't happen for quite a long while.
No, no and no.

Before you were here bambi the 6th hokage moved us into another forum not on gaia and it was crap, gaia is the best place to rp ive seen other naruto rps on different naruto websites since 2007 but none of them compared to gaia. It would be like if the U.S (which im guessing is where your from) had a decline in population, would they go invade Canada or Mexico or would the government make some changes to attract foreigners? I'm guessing the 2nd one.

I mentioned this before about the advertisements and I agree with you about that but they need to be big like video advertisements / prizes / spreading the word to different naruto websites etc (like you mentioned). I said a lot of this about a week or two ago and contacted you on the matter. Your intentions are good but unfortunately you are not focused on the main issue and that is the need to ATTRACT more members here not accommodate other people and move a couple hundred of us to a new and highly unlikely better website.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:36 am
Dark-Ninja70
jwalker67
Koneko Kuromira
I second what jwalker67 said in his second point. We know you're not saying that us as individuals totally abandoning Gaia. We're talking about NUR leaving Gaia. If NUR left Gaia, I probably wouldn't follow. It's so easy and convenient here. The formatting is easy. I'm here anyway. If NUR moved somewhere else, it would make things much harder and more complicated, I think -- not to mention having to go through the process of setting everything up all over again in a new location.

Plus, Gaia has safety features against the creepazoids of the internet. If we left and went somewhere else, we would probably lose those protections and things could possibly go way downhill . . . forgive the pessimism, but it's always good to keep the worst case scenario in mind . . .

To be honest, I was actually invited to join NUR a year or two ago, around the time I first joined and started RP-ing on Gaia. I had a lot of stuff going on at the time and didn't have time to read through and start going about building a character, so I declined . . . but here I am now. Other people might be in the same situation, especially with finals/midterms/whatever going on and the holidays coming up.

I agree with most of what you say, but that is why some research is required before such a big move is to happen. We don't want to go blindly into a random forum hosting site thats to complicated for everyone.

And I definitely agree with your second point. Gaia has many safety features, and leaving us open in the internet could attract some unwanted people.

But were all getting ahead of ourselves. I am only stating one simple suggestion if the worst should happen which probably won't happen for quite a long while.
No, no and no.

Before you were here bambi the 6th hokage moved us into another forum not on gaia and it was crap, gaia is the best place to rp ive seen other naruto rps on different naruto websites since 2007 but none of them compared to gaia. It would be like if the U.S (which im guessing is where your from) had a decline in population, would they go invade Canada or Mexico or would the government make some changes to attract foreigners? I'm guessing the 2nd one.

I mentioned this before about the advertisements and I agree with you about that but they need to be big like video advertisements / prizes / spreading the word to different naruto websites etc (like you mentioned). I said a lot of this about a week or two ago and contacted you on the matter. Your intentions are good but unfortunately you are not focused on the main issue and that is the need to ATTRACT more members here not accommodate other people and move a couple hundred of us to a new and highly unlikely better website.

OMG....That is my main focus! I am only giving an idea (one that many disagree with) on if the worse comes to worse. The first half of my post addresses ideas to get more members to come here. Sheesh, I think I should probably delete that part off my post since everybody seems so focused on it. This post wasn't suppose to be about that idea alone, especially considering its about a situation that probably isn't going to happen.  

jwalker67

7,000 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Befriended 100

Dripples

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:34 pm
I just think its cuz the COD wave struck again.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:35 pm
Btw Drips... can you PLEASE resize your Flame Wolf picture. It keeps causing page stretch and I'm gonna keep removing the 'g' and making it poof until you resize it scream  

The Wild Hunt
Crew

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0

Dripples

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:50 pm
yah sure... except hector did that , but yah anyways... k  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:52 pm
nvm imma change it.  

Dripples

The Wild Hunt
Crew

Shirtless Giver

9,625 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
  • Beta Critic 0
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:52 pm
k lol  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:59 pm
Dripples

The new COD is meh. Too easy to beat the system on it.  

theholyest

Wealthy Fatcat

4,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200

Dripples

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 3:17 pm
I love the funeral thing Wings lol. i wonder how it looks when u walk... :0
and meh? MEH? ITS AWESOME, though i agree its too easy. but seriously... MEH?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:22 pm
jwalker67
Dark-Ninja70
jwalker67
Koneko Kuromira

No, no and no.

OMG....That is my main focus! I am only giving an idea (one that many disagree with) on if the worse comes to worse. The first half of my post addresses ideas to get more members to come here. Sheesh, I think I should probably delete that part off my post since everybody seems so focused on it. This post wasn't suppose to be about that idea alone, especially considering its about a situation that probably isn't going to happen.
Even if it was like you stated no one is really agreeing with that one idea, its fine not every idea is going to be accepted but the fact that you are trying is something I respect.  

Dark-Ninja70

Silence-S Scream

PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:44 pm
Dripples

I. Hate. Call. Of. Duty.
with all my heart.  
Non-NaruChat Sub (Talk about anything & everything) [LOCKED]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas