Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply HighTail Cafe
Pregnant Kitties Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Micarst

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:29 pm
Do not panic.

If homelessness does occur, simply help her locate a shelter for temporary housing. It isn't what most people would consider adequate housing, but I know from personal experience (in the state of Kentucky at least) that CPS will not remove a child from the parent just for them being in a homeless shelter. They will, however, be especially vigilant for other things - drug use, neglect, etc.

There are worse things than being in a homeless shelter.
Like sleeping in your car because you don't have the gas to go anywhere, and nowhere to go if you did.

It isn't pleasant to feel like you have no control over things, and there is no easy way out. It all takes time. If you don't know where a homeless shelter is in your area, try calling 2-1-1 (United Way); this service is available in about 80% of the country now, toll-free I believe.

Some shelters have specific requirements (that the woman press charges against someone who abused her, that the woman be a single mother with children, that only men can stay there, that you have to leave between X:00am and X:00pm, etc). And some of them, like the one I was in when my husband and I had just found out I was pregnant, are utterly unfair to their inhabitants.

I had to deal with all kinds of crap at the Salvation Army. They didn't want me to wear my pagan jewelry, so I put it away. They didn't want me to take showers after 8pm. They didn't take phone messages for THREE job interviews I was supposed to have. They wanted me to enroll in their parenting classes and time management classes when I would have preferred to be out finding employment (which I had to do by city bus, since they wouldn't permit anyone without car insurance to drive their vehicle off the premises while staying at the shelter.) Utterly ridiculous. But I kept my head down and we eventually found an apartment.

Let me repeat... don't panic. Things will get better. Don't lose sight of your hope, just be logical about the next step you're going to take to get things resolved in your favor. "If you don't make something happen, nothing will happen."

My advice to her, if you'd be so kind as to pass it along... The baby comes first. From one diaper to the next, keep that child in your mind and heart, and think on what you want their life to be like. Then take whatever steps necessary to make it happen. Nobody is going to do it FOR you, but help is available if you keep your focus and search it out. Things can be difficult, but it is so completely worth it as you watch your child grow into a little person.

It might not mean much, but you guys aren't the first to be going through something like this, and you won't be the last. I support your efforts 200% and I'm positive that good things are in your future. My tarot deck doesn't lie.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:44 pm
:hugs you tightly.:

thankyou, you're right... I've had many talk with Shan about her situation, and she tells me she's taken every measure she could, and used every resource at her disposal.... but I will pass that along nonetheless, just in case she has in fact skipped over that one.

and if you are being serious about having read a positive outcome in a Tarot Spread, then you have no idea how much you've just raised my hopes.

as it is, a friend of mine has rallied me to start a Fund-Raiser in my Guild for her. we're tight-knit as I could get us to be, and the members are all handpicked. there are definite themes of Charity and Acceptance Guildwide.

in fact, I now want to invite you.  

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Micarst

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:55 pm
Awww, thank you! heart  
HighTail Cafe

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2