Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Least Favorite Part of Sailor Moon Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

OH ME GEE!
  Gold!
  More Gold!
  LOTS OF GOLD! w00t!
View Results

Clover_chan

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:49 pm
EveElera
Rabbit-eyes
I hate the dialogue in the American dub.
Need I say more? sweatdrop

*Sarcasm* Oh, but don't you just adore how in the SuperS series the senshi started saying stuff like, "Are you tripping, girl?" rolleyes

Sometimes I enjoy the American dialogue more, but that's usually yeah, when the comic inside jokes making-fun-of-themselves thing is really great. I will never forget how in the dub when Serena gets drunk (although they just say that she is sick from drinking too much "juice") in Sailor Moon S she starts talking about the Pudding of Relativity. xd

I'm glad, Rabbit-eyes, that someone else agrees with me on the repetitiveness of the monster of the day garbage. As time goes on, I'm definitely becoming more of a Naoko-purist. I read her designers notes in the art books and see that there were quite a few things that were changed in the anime that deviated from her original vision and she was very disappointed in, and I find that a lot of the changes that were made were unnecessary. I remember feeling a lot of things should've been going on Sailor Moon when I was watching it, and then when I read the manga I found that everything I felt was missing was there in the original graphic novels. The senshi feel more important, I care more about Mamo-chan, Chibi-Usa is A LOT more tolerable and lovable, etc., etc.

And, I agree with you Redford Blade on both of your points. There were many times when I could've done without the transformation sequences, as much as I love them. Or they could've at least spiced them up more somehow, even if the animation didn't have to be perfect.

I also thought that there should've been more drama from the senshi as time wore on. Their universe and their perception of it was expanding, their lives were slowly being leaked away from them, and they inherit a huge responsibility. They're leading lives that they didn't know about until they were fourteen, which would freak me out if I were one of them. But, then again, as is the case with you, I'm also in love with Evangelion (okay, so I've only been able to read eight of the mangas so far, but that's only because I haven't been able to find the others! And I don't have enough time to watch the anime), so I'm more prone to drama than most.

yeah i really really hate how its the same thing every episode n such...i skim through the unnessessary episodes to make sure i dont miss anything, ever other episode theres something little in it that is important but the main episodes you should be watching it when the villian is introduced and then where sailor moon and the scouts kick their a** and the end. Some series you have to watch a few other episodes like when the scouts get new powers, but thats basically it and they repeat them over and over. : Oh! AND I HATE CHIBI-USA IN SAILOR MOON R! scream especially how she takes Usagi's brooch.....psshhh and she calls Usagi selfish.... stare i wanted to jump into the screen and beat her a**....rawr. I also wish Tuxedo Kamen would have more powers or something rather than throw a rose and make a speech and the dart off...theres no point really, except to save them and then dart off, he really should like have other powers..... stare  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 12, 2006 7:45 pm
I hate in the english dub, how the only useful thing Tuxedo Mask ever does is throw a rose. It hardly ever does anything. At least in the manga, he has that smoking bomb thing.  

The[Princess]

Fashionable Millionaire

6,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Number XVIII_Cattrix

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2006 9:10 am
I hate the fact the took out some episodes and then cut up others like they took out the one were Serena Ami and Rei go to that haunted house . Then they cut up the best episode Day of Destiney taking out the good parts .  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 11:41 am
The fact they cut out "Make Up!" like it was against women...
And they altered attack names.
What's so bad about the word sniper??  

HardCandyHitsugi

2,450 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

shamonicfairyprincess

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 3:36 pm
i actually hate the part where Mini moon turns into Dark Moon Lady  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 1:17 am
Rini. *end of message*  

lightsenshi

AirAce

Original Genius

28,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:49 pm
Its a tos up between the series where Tuxedo mask is brainwashed and when chibi usagi jioned them being a mysteroius apin in the a**  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 2:40 pm
I hate that part when Dark Lady and Darien liked eachother. ((something like that, lol))  

~XxCursed-AngelxX~

Artemis Enzeru

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 3:37 pm
When Sailor Uranus "dies" in Sailor Moon Super

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 4:18 pm
Yeah, Uranus and Neptune's "deaths" were...depressing. Both times. But I gotta say...the entirety of the filler season of the anime's, as well as the redundancy.  

Myrandriel

Nerina Lyon

Fashionable Millionaire

6,950 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 7:31 pm
EveElera
The repetitive monster of the day sequences in every single series in every single episode. A character or two has a formulaic issue which get solves right before or right after a monster shows up. The senshi throw a few attacks at it, maybe endure a little conflict, perhaps Tuxedo Kamen shows up, and then someone says, "Now, Sailor Moon!" after which she (and at times with Sailor Chibi Moon) do some really long attack which would be really cool if we hadn't seen it or something like it a million times before. The monster disintegrates 95% of the time and we get to see another repetitive sequence of it fading into nothing. Perhaps Sailor Moon collapses from a power overload.

This would be fine if it didn't happen every single episode, and every single season. After reading the Sailor Moon Stars manga, I was very disappointed to see that the anime was just as formulaic as the other seasons as far as the filler episodes go.

.... Well, you took the words right out of my mouth. ^^;

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 7:29 am
i hated that saiolor venus and sailor neptune didnt come till later in the series!!  

azores

Syndrama

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:05 pm
azores
i hated that saiolor venus and sailor neptune didnt come till later in the series!!

Uhh... Sailor Venus was in the first season... O.o  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:06 am
True she was in season but but took a long time getting there hehehe 4laugh  

AirAce

Original Genius

28,450 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
  • Signature Look 250

Syndrama

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 2:22 pm
HardCandyHitsugi
The fact they cut out "Make Up!" like it was against women...
And they altered attack names.
What's so bad about the word sniper??

Sniper = killer. You notice they only healed people. Moon's Halation (which could have been misunderstood as Hellation) became Healing. I knew it was wrong, because they went BOOM. sweatdrop

Another issue I have with DiC.... they cut out the episode where Minako cut her finger off, but they put it in Sailor Says, so why did it need to be cut?  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff