Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
Acceptance Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:17 pm
Foxifyre
Its not so much an issue of wanting to be something you're not. It's more the issue of having your inside and your outside match. It's just so hard to have your family reject you because they don't want to believe it. I told my mom and she went off. I'm afraid to tell the rest of my family now but I know I'm going to have to. Thanks all of you with your advice and your comments. and you know you're right... venting is about all I can do.

my new quote is this

"I am convinced that the only people
worthy of consideration in this world
are the unusual ones. For the common
folk are like leaves of a tree, and live
and die unnoticed."

- The Scarecrow of Oz, from 'The Marvelous Land of Oz' by Frank L. Baum

I agree with the quote I also know how hard it is to want to tell your family that you may want something out of the norm...

Btw I hate the term normal... no one is normal there is no set way of doing everything that everyone follows... while there are social guidelines for normal there is no true normal people just try to be as normal as they can and shut up about the wierd stuff to appear in a socially accepted manner however no one is NORMAL!! that's my biggest pet peeve... that and Christians who won't accept that they are not better than anyone else.

I am a Christian and I know God loves me but what I hate is people bringing you down and raking you over the coals for anything that isn't just so... They feel that they are less of a sinner and thus are better I'm not saying all Christians are like that I just hate those kind of Christians and they come from all sects... We are all equal and I hate how people say God hates gays... he hates the sin not the sinner... but try to tell them that rolleyes

I have lots of soap box topics as well 3nodding  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 4:02 pm
Lusty101
Foxifyre
Its not so much an issue of wanting to be something you're not. It's more the issue of having your inside and your outside match. It's just so hard to have your family reject you because they don't want to believe it. I told my mom and she went off. I'm afraid to tell the rest of my family now but I know I'm going to have to. Thanks all of you with your advice and your comments. and you know you're right... venting is about all I can do.

my new quote is this

and die unnoticed."

I agree with the quote I also know how hard it is to want to tell your family that you may want something out of the norm...

Btw I hate the term normal... no one is normal there is no set way of doing everything that everyone follows... while there are social guidelines for normal there is no true normal people just try to be as normal as they can and shut up about the wierd stuff to appear in a socially accepted manner however no one is NORMAL!! that's my biggest pet peeve... that and Christians who won't accept that they are not better than anyone else.

I am a Christian and I know God loves me but what I hate is people bringing you down and raking you over the coals for anything that isn't just so... They feel that they are less of a sinner and thus are better I'm not saying all Christians are like that I just hate those kind of Christians and they come from all sects... We are all equal and I hate how people say God hates gays... he hates the sin not the sinner... but try to tell them that rolleyes

I am a Christian too... and that's probably a big part of why my family won't accept me. My mom won't help me anymore if I continue with my TS life and my wife can't bear to lose the other family that she just gained. So... now I'm stuck. I won't give her up... so I intend to sacrifice my chance to be me so that I can be with her. who knows... maybe some day she will accept me for being me. Maybe I can be me once I can live without my mom's help. For now I have to stay trapped in a living tomb doomed to get more masculine by the day.

I agree about soap boxes... I have tons lol... I only talk about this one because I need to talk to someone... my wife called the cops on me today because she thought i was gonna commit suicide. I guess I might have if she didn't so it's better that way.  

Foxifyre

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:35 pm
Foxifyre
Lusty101
Foxifyre

my new quote is this

and die unnoticed."

I am a Christian too... and that's probably a big part of why my family won't accept me. My mom won't help me anymore if I continue with my TS life and my wife can't bear to lose the other family that she just gained. So... now I'm stuck. I won't give her up... so I intend to sacrifice my chance to be me so that I can be with her. who knows... maybe some day she will accept me for being me. Maybe I can be me once I can live without my mom's help. For now I have to stay trapped in a living tomb doomed to get more masculine by the day.

I agree about soap boxes... I have tons lol... I only talk about this one because I need to talk to someone... my wife called the cops on me today because she thought i was gonna commit suicide. I guess I might have if she didn't so it's better that way.

Aww well that's not good you can always talk to me ^^ and its ok sooner or later you will get off your mothers dollar how old are you anyway?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 8:53 pm
23... and I'm stuck as a male now. Talking about how I feel will only make it hurt more because I know that I'm not willing to lose the love of my life. But thank you for caring.  

Foxifyre

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

shoki_de_nai

Fuzzy Canine

12,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:02 pm
Was it not something you were open about before you got married?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:32 pm
I was in denial before I was married... I thought that once I got married that those thoughts would go away. I told her everything about me, don't get me wrong. I just wasn't open to the idea with myself because I had been shut down by my family for my entire life.  

Foxifyre

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:39 pm
I'm an Anarchist. I'm not just choosing to be one, either, it's part of my very Being. I am an Anarchist because of what I know, and Realize, and I can't just ignore it.

so, in the true Spirit of Anarchy, I say to you that I can't change your mind for you. nor can anyone else, for that matter. you know the old saying, "you can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink".

I can tell you what I think, and wht I believe, but in the end th eonly thing that matters is what you decide. and it would seem pointless for me to try to convince you out of it.

but I will say this. you can't choose to be someone you're not. it won't work. at this rate you're bound to lose your Wife sooner or later. the question is, are you willing to give up your Freedom?

you can't lose yourself. you can't escape who you are. the life you are saying you've chosen is going to be miserable, and full of other peoples' hatred. but you are still a Wma, and will always be. even you choose to remain trapped in a body you don't feel is right.

I'll use terms that I can understand, and hope that you get what I'm saying. a lawful citizen is a person who follows someone else's rules. an Anarchist is someone who follows their own rules. you tell me, which one is more free?  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:15 pm
Myself, I may find it odd that people change their sex, but thats just my cultural biases talking. Whatever you want to do to yourself is up to you.... god knows, if I had the option to change myself to however I want to look/be, I'd have done it instantly.

In the end, its all up to you; you want to change your sex, you should be able to without predjiduce or persecution  

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200

Foxifyre

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:20 pm
I may end up losing her... I really do hope that it never comes to that... but I admit that it COULD happen for more than just this. I really don't know what is going to happen with it... but I need to try and keep my relationship with her together because that is the reason I wake up every morning. It's her. truth is... I don't want to live without her.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:29 pm
for whatever else it's worthe, I do admire your committment to your Vows. that's rare. :hugs you.:  

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 2:16 am
Indeed; Keeping your word and vows is, alas, a rarity nowadays...  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:03 am
Chieftain Twilight
for whatever else it's worthe, I do admire your committment to your Vows. that's rare. :hugs you.:

Thanks... it is worth hearing from anyone. *hugs back* I've been told I'm loyal to a fault. I prefer to think of it less like a fault and more like a gift though.

Lazurkri

Sadly true... my parents divorced when I was 8 and I promised myself then and there that I would never be like them.  

Foxifyre

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:22 am
Foxifyre
Chieftain Twilight

Thanks... it is worth hearing from anyone. *hugs back* I've been told I'm loyal to a fault. I prefer to think of it less like a fault and more like a gift though.

Lazurkri

Sadly true... my parents divorced when I was 8 and I promised myself then and there that I would never be like them.

I agree with both of them and i know about divorce my parents divorced when I was five. Just give it time maybe she will understand and maybe she wont. Just understand that we are people and we unfortunately cannot fix one anothers problems however we can be there and work with and around the challenges we face ^^

and I know it hurts to talk about these things but sometimes that's just enough to take some of the pressure off to just get it out there ^^

The question is what would you do if you did change over would you stay with your wife or what? Just a thought ^^ Don't play her reactions into this just what would your plan be after you got a change? If things could go exactly the way you would like them to.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:16 pm
Lusty101

I agree with both of them and i know about divorce my parents divorced when I was five. Just give it time maybe she will understand and maybe she wont. Just understand that we are people and we unfortunately cannot fix one anothers problems however we can be there and work with and around the challenges we face ^^

and I know it hurts to talk about these things but sometimes that's just enough to take some of the pressure off to just get it out there ^^

The question is what would you do if you did change over would you stay with your wife or what? Just a thought ^^ Don't play her reactions into this just what would your plan be after you got a change? If things could go exactly the way you would like them to.

Good question and very fair. If I end up changing over... I would stay with her. Probably try and go out of state to get married if our marriage license was nullified by the procedure... which I have no idea about actually. Ideally I would want to be with her just like any other lesbian couple is.

I admit I am interested in men... I have been for a long time. I used to consider myself as Bi because of it. However, I love her and I'd be just as happy to stay with her if she would have me. I am quite happy with her despite this issue. We both sacrificed a lot to be together... in fact her family just about disowned her when we got married.

Ends up my mom finally did some research on it last night because I had a total melt down... I don't even remember what happened last night. My mom told me today that she wants me to go and do the tests to find out if I really am a TS. There are a few tests... blood work and brain scans and stuff like that. From what I heard her say... she might accept it more if it weren't just hypothetical. Perhaps some objective evidence she can be dissuaded of her current feelings. Not to mention my wife might change her mind with that too... on the other hand... The tests could prove otherwise. If that ends up being the case then at least I'll know more about myself. I'll figure it all out at that point.  

Foxifyre

6,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250

cajunantichrist

PostPosted: Sat Jan 01, 2011 4:56 am
there is a mechanism or just a natural feeling of hate in the brain to those who steer away from "The norm". some people don't have that problem and less and less people will hate it when it gets more accepted in due time.but I find nothing wrong with transexuality, whatever floats your boat ya know?  
Serious discussion & Rants

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff