Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
Winter annoys me.... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Winter
  Love It!!!
  Hate It!!!
  Indifferent about it!!!
View Results

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 6:08 pm
Say one when me and mom picked up that one for you.

Or was it the heater I was thinking of...  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:48 pm
Rini: I know what you mean about the snow I use to live out in the country and, when we did get snow, it was beauty cause it was always untouched except for the animals that where about. The closer into the city you get the uglier it gets though I live in a quieter neighborhood so it stays nicer longer. I like to stay up all night, when it starts snowing or is suppose to snow heavy that night, just to see the snow untouched and glittering under the moonlight, so pretty.

As for me no, I just after so long have had enough of snow and don't want to see it anymore and am ready for the next season. However, I have yet to hit my quota I guess this year cause I'm not tired of seeing it so I still love seeing the snow. *laughs*

Purple: Yeah, I heard the same thing Rini said about humidifiers, now that she reminds me about it. That and I had to give mine up cause it one just wasn't keeping up, two the calcium build up on it was killer, and three finding the filters for it became impossible because they discontinued the brand.

*sighs* That's one thing that bugs me about things like that. They build something you like and there will be one item in it that has to be replaced at a regular rate ya know or at some point, but by time you have to replace it or have gotten into the habit of going out buying it and replacing it that item is discontinued. So you have to go out and buy a whole new thing and go through the dance all over again. *pants* Okay I feel better now. *grins and prances off*  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:40 pm
I know what you mean.

There's alot of stuff here that isn't made anymore.

The day it dies, we'll be up the creek without a paddle.

FOR EX: the microwave we have...
It's HUGE, and unfortunately OLD...
We like it because it's big enough to actually hold a whole meal,
as apposed to the crappy small POS-pile that they sell in the stores now.

crap so small, it couldn't heat half a bag of popcorn.
Every bit of it... worthless garbage...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 2:21 pm
Mmmm. I don't think I have ever seen a metal one. I don't think I would want one ... even if they did have them. XD!

@Moonracer: Haha! Awww. Well, I would be happy to pass you all of the snow we have been getting lately!! You can have your fill of snow for the season!!!! whee

[ r.i.n.i.o.a ]

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:47 pm
We're under quite a bit of the white stuff right now. Goodwill actually closed the store. That's a first in the whole time I've been there.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:30 pm
Oh wow.
Right now, we are getting a lot of rain, which freezes the moment it hits the ground ...or anything. So, it's all ice not snow here. ...But, they said on the news just a few moments ago that a few inches of snow are coming tomorrow. Bleh.

[ r.i.n.i.o.a ]

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

xX Catgirl - Pierce Xx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:29 am
LOL, that would be awesome if you could just teleport snow to someone that wanted it ^.^  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:20 pm
xD!! Yeah, it would.
It's funny, all night they kept talking about how much snow we were going to get overnight. I woke up this morning and there is nothing at all on the ground. They even closed schools because they thought it was going to be bad. *shakes head*

[ r.i.n.i.o.a ]

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:22 pm
Well, ice is worse, I think. More slipping. But it is hard to drive on too much snow too.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:31 pm
Our car got stuck in the snow, IN OUR DRIVEWAY, simply trying to pull into the garage ^^;

And it's a small car too.
Doesn't take much...  

xwhateverxdudex

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:11 pm
xD! Awww.

Well, it's funny. We have had NO SNOW, NO ICE for about 4 days now. And school was closed on Wednesday because they assumed it would be bad. ....Now, of course they said about 4 inches of snow is coming this weekend. I guess we will see....

[ r.i.n.i.o.a ]

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:38 pm
We were supposed to get snow this weekend too, but I looked at the radar, and it looks like it's getting diverted further south. confused  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xX Catgirl - Pierce Xx

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:01 am
Places like work and school should go on a day by day basis.

Have someone look out the window and then message all the people involved if the place needs to shut down.

Because although having a day off when it's not required, is nice...
Not having the day off when you do need it, is not so nice.
I swear, some people are just blind.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:37 pm
Well, to be fair, the logistics of closing a school makes it more appealing to close ahead of time.  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:51 pm
Well, I agree with you both. xD!!
On one hand, yeah ... it's good to announce your closing early so everyone can get prepared. But ... at the same time, there have been many times when they end up closing school and then there wasn't a reason ... then summer comes and the kids have to make up the days. They've already pushed back graduation here an entire month due to the missed school days.

[ r.i.n.i.o.a ]

Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces