Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Back to Guilds

Reply The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!
We now officially have 42 members!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

cant_delete_accounts

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 6:20 pm
You got it. Then he said 42, so they made Earth to find the question, but the Golgafran whatsits came along *mumbles a lot*

Hey tallestred: my friend RyougaSaotome is a huge HHGG fan. Could you invite him to the guild please?

Edit: he checked it out and decided that he couldn't keep up with the guild  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 7:02 pm
Why don't you just PM him the URL? I did that for a friend of mine, but he hasn't logged in for a few weeks. crying  

Yuki-Onna Reed

Skullock

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 10:16 pm
*A man appears with brilliant flash*

Hullo, i'm Skullock and for sometime i've had a little group of my own here called the Hitchhiker's Cult. Seems only fitting that I come and seek out your friendship, as we are all fellow hitchhikers.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005 11:20 pm
Skullock
*A man appears with brilliant flash*

Hullo, i'm Skullock and for sometime i've had a little group of my own here called the Hitchhiker's Cult. Seems only fitting that I come and seek out your friendship, as we are all fellow hitchhikers.

*creepy chanting* One of us, one of us... blaugh  

Yuki-Onna Reed

phantasmic kacaphony

Cosmic Camper

14,125 Points
  • Planetary Technician 150
  • Partygoer 500
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 12:32 pm
I agree that we should have a 42g entry fee, because that's just grand xp I also think we - well, you moderators, seeing as I have no say in who is added - have to be careful about accepting memberships, because as someone has Lord Salem has already said, there will be a flood of people who want to join, but are not aware that HHGG is more than a movie. For some, it's a fricking lifestyle! But meh. *shrugs*

Now I'm going to have nightmares about illiterates swamping the boards eek HHGG is an example of literacy and psychology in the highest form, and if and when those n00bs come in, oh god... *shudder* I'm scared... *runs off to make a cup of tea*  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2005 9:44 pm
The entry fee has now been officially changed to 42 gold. xd

I was actually waiting to do that once this place wasn't dying like it was in the very beginning. gonk ..considering it existed since August and has just started picking up in more recent months what with getting more members and such.

As for the potential of illiteracy attempting to invade this guild.. no one fear! xd I will reject people if they're too n00bish. I also tend to do post checks in their profiles.. journals.. etc. if the join request doesn't give me a good idea as to whether or not they'd annoy the crap out of everyone here. And in the instance of someone managing to pretend to be someone good for this guild through all of my checks.. then turns out to be terrible once let in.. well I have no qualms about using the ban function. xd

That and as we grow, I'm going to be getting more mods. The other two aside from me.. well the one I doubt is ever here, and the other is only here on occasion. xd But from what I see, so far everything's running quite smoothly and I can still handle it.

But if there is a problem that I'm not aware of, I'm always open to receiving PM's. 3nodding  

circuit sparks

Celdia

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 3:31 pm
Tallest Red

Yeay! I incited change!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005 8:40 pm
Celdia
Tallest Red

Yeay! I incited change!

xd

This is, for some reason, the funniest thing I have heard all day.

I can just see the day when "WTF is that scary floaty little green eyeless blob in some of the banners?!" is in the Guild FAQ. gonk Right after, "Why do people keep telling me the trilogy has five books?! That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard!" crying
I'm only kidding... I hope. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

And in other news, which lucky thread shall be the recipient of my 100th guild post? Will it be you? You? Or even... you? xd  

Yuki-Onna Reed

tjdamaster

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005 2:31 pm
yay... i heart the number 42... because it is the answer to life, the universe, and everything in it, i use it on all of my math problems if im not sure  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 1:57 am
ninja Four more members to the 42x2 landmark...

We need to make up a word for units of 42, so we won't have to keep saying, "42 times n". Like, avxon, a word I just made up, for example. So 84 would be 2 avxons, and 126 would be 3 avxons, and so forth. Or something. whee Just a thought.
(I got the word "avxon" by eliminating the Ds and Is in "David Dixon", incidently. Randomness.)  

Yuki-Onna Reed

Tinnumir

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:19 pm
Ooh! ooh! How about calling them Dents?  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:28 pm
Who was the 42nd?  

Erections in Tight Jeans

Pashunath

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:01 pm
[ Message temporarily off-line ]  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2005 8:57 pm
Tinnumir

biggrin I like it!

eek Damn! We already have 2 and 8/42 Dents of members!

We've created a new unit of measure! mrgreen Go us!  

Yuki-Onna Reed

Tinnumir

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2005 12:20 pm
Spike_Theta
Tinnumir

biggrin I like it!

eek Damn! We already have 2 and 8/42 Dents of members!

We've created a new unit of measure! mrgreen Go us!

Yay! I had a good idea! And it's getting used! *does a happy dance*  
The Official Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Guild!

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games