Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply HighTail Cafe
Can biokinesis make us real furries/scalies? O.o Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

00Shoe
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2011 11:54 am
Celtic zombie-kitten
The whole 10% brain capacity thing isn't completely false, but it isn't completely true, either. Most people are mistaken on this subject. The statistic is that the average person uses only 10% of their brain at one time, meaning that most people can't multi-task, which is true. 3nodding

Yes this is more accurate. ^

The entire brain is not meant for one thing, there are many parts that control many different functions. It doesn't mean that once we 'unlock' these parts of the brain that we can do amazing things - it means that the parts of the brain that are not used while problem solving are for different purposes.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 14, 2011 6:48 pm
Through all moderation I am sure when we get to the certain point of genetic decomposition and reconstruction of the human genome we will settle a point. It just takes a matter of observation and patiance to get to that point. With the argument of conting more than 10% or more, well that will take a long time (or not) to satisfy.

When the world finds a way to obstruct the human genome and decompose a human kareotype and set the 23 chromosomes and settle a animals genome within...satisfaction. Well that is all I really got out of this. I just hope when this really happens Im at least alive to see it. Oh man that would be the climax of my life.  

Kashinami-chan

Celtic zombie-kitten

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2011 8:48 pm
Yeah, but I don't just want to see future generations get to be furries... I wanna BE a furry! :'  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:33 am
well i know they already found out how to give a gene to humans for doping muscles, like how pitbulls some have a gene to develop muscles throughout their entire life while the others are like normal dogs muscles. they have like retarded amounts of muscle if they have that gene, and theres another gene where your muscle mass cannot decrease over time. so im sure they could get there eventually but if they would allow it is a different thing.

i wonder if there are other planets with real furries :3  

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

Snapplejack

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:19 pm
You have a full strand of DNA in each and every cell in your body. Where would we be altering our DNA? We don't have a master strand, per se. We have the original chromosomes donated from our parents, and then from there all strands are exact replicas of the first strands. Any mutations we gain along the way would be from external factors such as UV rays or chemical exposure or, mess ups in DNA replication. Either way, there is no control on the section of DNA you alter. Furthermore, scientists haven't decoded the human genome 100%. There are vast portions of DNA that we have no idea what they correspond to.
There is NO possible way we can just.. wish for changes with this biokinesis jazz. It's basically saying to simply reach into your cells or wherever (it doesn't specify..) and rearrange your DNA. How? During replication it takes helicase to unzip the strands, RNA Primase to set down an RNA primer, then Polymerase I and III to build DNA segments followed by DNA ligase to ligate the strands together. And that's simply to make a copy of DNA. 4 enzymes are required. ENZYMES. We can't just reach in with tweezers and rearrange our nitrogenous bases. We would have to figure out some way to control proteins in an unrealistically precise manner.
I am debunking this as no more than hocus-pocus-stoner-stuffz.

Oh and this isn't from wikipedia. Campbell and Reece's Sixth Edition Biology textbook. Used for teaching college level biology.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 11:24 pm
Quote:
Now for the more wanted part of the process. The only reason people die and get old, is because of dead and dying cells in your body. If you reprogrammed yourself to remake the cells that have died, then would you ever get old?

OH MY GOD! ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! This site is ridiculous! The whole point of cellular reproduction is to replace dead and damaged cells (on top of simply growing.)
Quote:
Now visualize your genes flowing through your body in small tubes. Tell the needle in your mind it's purpose and what it is you want to change in your genes.

Unless you know where in your genes you want the change and the sequence of the nitrogenous bases necessary to create this change, you won't do anything (not that you would anyway... nothing in biology runs on magic.... rather, it's generally ATP.)

You sir, are either a magnificent troll. Or quite ignorant...  

Snapplejack

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:54 am
i HATE how peopel cant see outside the box. and no he wasnt trollign he was repeatign what he heard about biokinesis cuz i heard of it too.

Your subconcious mind would know what to do, even if you do not. Got it? your subconcious mind controlls many things in your body (the parts of the brain that regulate blood pressure hormones etc)

In magic, which if you researched it you would know its plausible because its based on the subconcious mind (so yes sometimes they could beleive they did a spell and toher times they could actually have done a spell, who knows which) but magic is based on sending messages with intention encoded into the messages that reach the subconcious in terms of symbols, because if something is interpretted literally it doesnt think much on it, and if you are acting wierd doign somehting, and it gets the message accross that u want somehting more then it will put you into a mental state where its more likely to occur.

There is research shown on how light and music and thought affects water, and how light affects dna, theres water in dna, get it?

and cells can communicate with each other, like tellign the body to heal (forget what the exact proccess was called)

Basically when i say the dna should change i mean, attract positive mutations rather than negative ones. if thoughts affect water (proven, research hado) then thoughts can affect the water in dna, dna uses frequencies to tell its cells what to do, so if you change your mind state, you would change what goes on inside your body, thus attracting more positive changes, but the subconcious is alot more effective

because hoping for soemhtign to happen doesnt reach the subconcious for a short period of time, while doing a ritual or osme symbolic actions or symbols, will send the message to the subconcious much faster

but you need to reach a trance state first, that is when it will get directly to the subconcious. its why people who do rituals chant, it mesmerizes themselves into reaching trance through repeptitive action.

did you know habits are repetitive action? and according to what ive read on trance trance is a mental state that prevents other options of thought to enter th emind, so even a person who cant think outsid eth ebox is in a type of trance state, but the 'good' trance states are when you actually have a purpose for them other than staying the same because its easier.

and before you deny this, research everything i said.

I never tried to do this with trance state yet, but i should stop being lazy and actually try it. form what ive read it can take three months to change eye color if yur a noob, and im a noob lol.

so maybe i didnt try yet cuz its hard work XD but i have plenty of time maybe i will try it.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:16 am
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
i HATE how peopel cant see outside the box. and no he wasnt trollign he was repeatign what he heard about biokinesis cuz i heard of it too.

Your subconcious mind would know what to do, even if you do not. Got it? your subconcious mind controlls many things in your body (the parts of the brain that regulate blood pressure hormones etc)

In magic, which if you researched it you would know its plausible because its based on the subconcious mind (so yes sometimes they could beleive they did a spell and toher times they could actually have done a spell, who knows which) but magic is based on sending messages with intention encoded into the messages that reach the subconcious in terms of symbols, because if something is interpretted literally it doesnt think much on it, and if you are acting wierd doign somehting, and it gets the message accross that u want somehting more then it will put you into a mental state where its more likely to occur.

There is research shown on how light and music and thought affects water, and how light affects dna, theres water in dna, get it?

and cells can communicate with each other, like tellign the body to heal (forget what the exact proccess was called)

Basically when i say the dna should change i mean, attract positive mutations rather than negative ones. if thoughts affect water (proven, research hado) then thoughts can affect the water in dna, dna uses frequencies to tell its cells what to do, so if you change your mind state, you would change what goes on inside your body, thus attracting more positive changes, but the subconcious is alot more effective

because hoping for soemhtign to happen doesnt reach the subconcious for a short period of time, while doing a ritual or osme symbolic actions or symbols, will send the message to the subconcious much faster

but you need to reach a trance state first, that is when it will get directly to the subconcious. its why people who do rituals chant, it mesmerizes themselves into reaching trance through repeptitive action.

did you know habits are repetitive action? and according to what ive read on trance trance is a mental state that prevents other options of thought to enter th emind, so even a person who cant think outsid eth ebox is in a type of trance state, but the 'good' trance states are when you actually have a purpose for them other than staying the same because its easier.

I never tried to do this with trance state yet, but i should stop being lazy and actually try it. form what ive read it can take three months to change eye color if yur a noob, and im a noob lol.

so maybe i didnt try yet cuz its hard work XD but i have plenty of time maybe i will try it.

It's not a matter of inside the box or outside the box, it's a matter of within reality or outside of reality. With your logic, humans already know everything there is to know. Yet it's taken us over two thousand years to get where we are in medicine and yet, our greatest predators are still no more than 2 nanometers in size.
If our subconscious already knows everything there is to know, why aren't our greatest minds the psychics who sit and meditate all day. Why have they not contributed to the world yet? What you are suggesting is basically alchemy. Something that should work in THEORY. If you are unfamiliar with alchemy, it basically says this:
Since all materials are made up of the same basic parts (protons, neutrons and electrons) why not simply rearrange the pieces to make them into something else entirely? Why not take a ton of oxygen, take the atoms apart into their individual pieces, then put together in the form of gold atoms. It would work in theory. Just take 79 protons, neutrons and electrons from the oxygen, assemble and viola. You have gold.
IT DOESN'T WORK LIKE THAT.
What you are suggesting is that your subconscious has a firm grasp of the 2-3 meters (size varies depending on your source) of Deoxyribose Nucleic Acid and is perfectly capable of taking apart and rearranging the sequence from, perhaps, an adenine, guanine, adenine, thymine, cytosine, adenine sequence to a guanine, adenine, adenine, adenine, cytosine, thymine sequence that will somehow alter your physical traits. Your subconscious would have to be all knowing.
Besides, the body is far too complex for any human being to be able to control. The body is controlled through electrical and chemical signals. Not magic. Magic has no reasonable explanation. But EVERYTHING in the body has a reasonable explanation. If you were to ask why something happened within the human body, a scientist or doctor could tell you exactly why and how it happens. And I assure you, it will never be magic.
It is impossible, bro.  

Snapplejack

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:45 am
Magic is proven scientifically in my eyes at least.

Trance state its easier to send subconcious messages, the subconcious messages are in the form of symbols, so havign symbolic actions or items for rituals would help send the message better to the subconcious. And chants put you into trance as well, or repetitive actions.

hado (if you research it) shows how water is affected by thoughts, prayers, music, and light, radiation everything.
Dna interacts with light, and theres 'water' in dna. Not to mention water in all your cells.
Dna uses frequencies to tell the cells what to do.
And cells create our aura (electromagnetic field)

Electromagnetic fields are attractive, like how the electromagnetic radiaiton from a computer screen can attract dust and allergens, other stuff can repel dust and allergens.

so this shows how mental states affects us physically and attractively(as in attraction of what u want) this could also be why positive thoughts and faith make it more powerful

Trance would have a significant effect on your thoughts because a habit is a type of trance, which is habits are repeititve and prevent you knowing other ways to deal with same things. which fits with einsteins definition fo insanity "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" it means that person he calls insane is in a trance state and is unable to change that basically.

so yes narrowmindedness is a habit/trance,. and basically, i think we choose our trance states. If we have a trance state that expects certaint hings to be impossible, then they will be impossible. And putting yourself in a positive trance state would be highly beneficial to magic then, which is why peopel do trance for spells.

I think the spell works by sending a subconcious message to the psych in a form of a symbol that is programmed from intention desire etc then the mind altering itself to fit that as a trance state towards your goals. Meanign trance states limit our reality i beleive. At least certain ones do.

This also reminds me fo the karma thread. I think karma is simply form a trance state u havent figured out how to defeat yet.

And with psychology your mind compares yourself to others ALL the time. So this would explain why wishign harm to someone would come back to you three fold, because the shared aspects you have with that person will be damaged repeatedly from the trance state you put on yourself til it goes away.

So magic works i think by altering the frequency (research hado) of the water in your body that affects the cells and aura(electromagnetic field) and attracts certain events in your life to take place. It is also why low confidence causes more failures than succeses, i think the right mental state for each task anybody can do anything.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:55 am
Snapplejack
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
what i mean is, prove what i said wrong, with facts. not with the usual oh it just cant be so, becaus ei proved this to be plausible in my mind scientifically with more reseearch than you did, so try to prove it inplausible rather than just giving your veiw on it. but first you have to see my veiw that has ti proved scientifically, if you cant do that then theres no way your argueing can sway me, because itd be irrelevant.
GOT IT?  

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

Snapplejack

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:18 pm
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
Magic is proven scientifically in my eyes at least.

Trance state its easier to send subconcious messages, the subconcious messages are in the form of symbols, so havign symbolic actions or items for rituals would help send the message better to the subconcious. And chants put you into trance as well, or repetitive actions.

hado (if you research it) shows how water is affected by thoughts, prayers, music, and light, radiation everything.
Dna interacts with light, and theres 'water' in dna. Not to mention water in all your cells.
Dna uses frequencies to tell the cells what to do.
And cells create our aura (electromagnetic field)

Electromagnetic fields are attractive, like how the electromagnetic radiaiton from a computer screen can attract dust and allergens, other stuff can repel dust and allergens.

so this shows how mental states affects us physically and attractively(as in attraction of what u want) this could also be why positive thoughts and faith make it more powerful

Trance would have a significant effect on your thoughts because a habit is a type of trance, which is habits are repeititve and prevent you knowing other ways to deal with same things. which fits with einsteins definition fo insanity "The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" it means that person he calls insane is in a trance state and is unable to change that basically.

so yes narrowmindedness is a habit/trance,. and basically, i think we choose our trance states. If we have a trance state that expects certaint hings to be impossible, then they will be impossible. And putting yourself in a positive trance state would be highly beneficial to magic then, which is why peopel do trance for spells.

I think the spell works by sending a subconcious message to the psych in a form of a symbol that is programmed from intention desire etc then the mind altering itself to fit that as a trance state towards your goals. Meanign trance states limit our reality i beleive. At least certain ones do.

This also reminds me fo the karma thread. I think karma is simply form a trance state u havent figured out how to defeat yet.

And with psychology your mind compares yourself to others ALL the time. So this would explain why wishign harm to someone would come back to you three fold, because the shared aspects you have with that person will be damaged repeatedly from the trance state you put on yourself til it goes away.

So magic works i think by altering the frequency (research hado) of the water in your body that affects the cells and aura(electromagnetic field) and attracts certain events in your life to take place. It is also why low confidence causes more failures than succeses, i think the right mental state for each task anybody can do anything.

Everything you just said is wrong. EVERYTHING I have been telling you is fact. Proof that you are spewing nonsense.
Alright, DNA consists of a pentose sugar, phosphate group and nitrogenous base in a repeating pattern/sequence. NO WATER.
DNA does not send out frequencies to get things done, rather, goes through transcription and translation to produce proteins and more cells.
That right there disproves all of your hado/magic nonsense. There is no water in DNA and DEFINITELY no frequencies. If you want, I can give you real websites to go to to educate yourself on how the human body ACTUALLY works.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 6:09 am
theres water in sugar smart a**? as in hydrogens and oxygens..
and
http://www.viewzone.com/dnax.html
quit being a douche already, i bet you didnt even read up on hado. The stuff on hado could even apply to things besides water for all we know.  

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

Snapplejack

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:04 am
Ryu Kei Shou Kawazu
theres water in sugar smart a**? as in hydrogens and oxygens..
and
http://www.viewzone.com/dnax.html
quit being a douche already, i bet you didnt even read up on hado. The stuff on hado could even apply to things besides water for all we know.

MORON! That is not how chemistry works! On your logic, a human has cat in him because we are made up of the same atoms. The typical sugar atom, sucrose, has six carbon, six hydrogen and six oxygen. Just because there are atoms in it that could make water, doesn't make it water.
And I'm not reading up on hado because I'm sure it is more illogical nonsense that would just troll me even harder than you are.
Seriously. What grade are you in? You can't be older than 14. Either that, or the school system is awful in your area.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:40 am
Expect no more responses from me.
Just because you have found one of the THOUSANDS of fraud websites to claim they have discovered some magnificent secret subconscious power or the secret to eternal life, doesn't mean I have to prove that they (and you) are wrong.
Besides, I have addressed all of your points already, you must not have understood them. Which is understandable. I was talking to a twelve year old about college level biology. Magic is probably a lot easier to understand at your age.
Long story short, I have lost interest in this argument and I know that you will just keep on spouting your subconscious nonsense no matter how much proof and logic I provide you. Good luck in school. I can tell you need it.  

Snapplejack

Ask Jappleack

Greedy Consumer

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 11:04 am
1. you cant say college level, im actually in college, yur born in 94 so yur prolly not. i happen to be taking biochemistry as well. PENTOSE is a polysaccharide (polysaccharides use WATER to combine sugars) not to mention i already said hado could apply to more than water, but even if the water in dna doesnt DIRECTLY effect the dna, it could affect it indirectly. and im not talking about rearanging dna, though you cant DISPROVE that either, i was talkign about attracting positive dna changes from free radical or other damages to the dna.

2.you didnt disprove all my points, because you cant even understand the entirety of it on my level to argue with anything relevant.

3. stop pretending you know jack, you didnt research any of this s**t enough to provide a 'logical' counterargument. you prolly dont even understand the link i provided."logical" you cant even show facts or articles or concepts to disprove what im saying, because you DONT UNDERSTAND THE DAMN THING YURSELF, you might think you do, but you dont.

Snapplejack
Expect no more responses from me........just keep on spouting your subconscious nonsense
you cant even understand what the ******** im saying yur the 'MORON!'

ive done a ton more research than you, you prolly dont even do research. so since you cant comprehende a years worth of research stop thinking you know better than me cuz you dont understand a ******** concept.  
HighTail Cafe

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff