Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
Your 3DS will be coming with Mario, Kirby, Link and Samus! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:47 pm
E-Reader

that is all i have to say to you fish.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 8:56 pm
herp de derp first post link  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

You Silly Wanker

6,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2011 9:35 pm
I will shoot a man for this system.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 8:40 am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zyvei4rmxLI

so, just statues then. still pretty cool though biggrin  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 10:08 am
Yeah, we established that.

thanks for posting the video, though.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:26 pm
[Kegan]
Yeah, we established that.

thanks for posting the video, though.

sorry, hadnt seen the edits, just what was put a couple days back.
that guy has some other decent videos though, some stuff from the fishing AR game (played on his wall...) and a couple unboxing/setting up videos, as well as trailers, etc

got mine preordered with Pilotwings and Rayman bitches! 25th cant come soon enough...  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 2:56 pm
Xilo The Odd
E-Reader

Hopefully the augmented reality smashes the E-reader like the 3DS itself smashes the Virtual Boy.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:58 pm
Meta_Fish
Xilo The Odd
E-Reader

Hopefully the augmented reality smashes the E-reader like the 3DS itself smashes the Virtual Boy.

I think it will. I mean, with the E-reader you had to buy extra stuff for it, while the 3DS comes standard with the AR technology and some cards. I'd love to see new retail games that came with a card for bonus games.  

Hobo Scruffy

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 1:28 am
Hobo Scruffy
Meta_Fish
Xilo The Odd
E-Reader

I think it will. I mean, with the E-reader you had to buy extra stuff for it, while the 3DS comes standard with the AR technology and some cards. I'd love to see new retail games that came with a card for bonus games.

Ninty has put a downloadable page of the AR cards on their site (cant remember if it was the UK or US one...)
i think it would be cool if with some system updates, they added new AR functions, even if its just another couple trophies for Star Viewer, with a link to another printable page of AR cards. everyone loves freebies, and now that theyt have the tech set-up it would be such a simple freebie to make too! biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:58 pm
What would be really neat is if they somehow worked the augmented reality into some games we didn't know about. If you lived in a big city you might see a big painting on a wall of something, and it says "Nintendo" on it somewhere or something, kind of resembling a huge AR card. You look at it with your 3DS and some big game will play out or something. Just an idea, but one of the first things that came to mind with the augmented reality was putting it into real world places to interact with. Maybe just graffiti on a wall somewhere in Chicago or a major city or something. I really like the idea of making the real world more interactive with a game, and having your 3DS on you would just add to it. It reminds me of the one Miyamoto quote from Pikmin-time, lemme see if I can fish it out of the internet pool.

Miyamoto
What if everything that you see, is more than what you see? The person next to you is a warrior and the space that appears empty is a door to another world? What if something appears that shouldn't? You either dismiss it or accept that there is more to the world than you think. Perhaps it is really a doorway, and if you choose to go inside, you'll find many unexpected things.

Meta_Fish
Captain

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:05 pm
thats not a far-fetched Idea, you know the QR Codes you find all over the place now? (buisiness cards, adverts, etc) well Calvin Klein did one a while back on the side of a building, where if you pointed your smartphone at it it would open a video advert. same sorta thing would be simple enough to replicate with the AR Cards too

Calvin Klein Billboard
And the Advert that Appears when you point your Smartphone At it

also, just found a video on Nintendo3DSBlog, where theres an extra mode in Nintendogs for the AR Cards, which creates your dogs in real life! plus the other cards give it hats!!!

Nintendogs With AR  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces