Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
I hate people Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Loquoro

Dangerous Shapeshifter

14,900 Points
  • Squash Stomper 75
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:18 pm
Luna StormHaven
Kayian
Uhg there has got to be a better way of giving you the answers you seek rather they typing...and thus I will look for them, unless you have something like skype and can voice chat but, thats if you want to go that route.

I'll just stay quite for the rest of my two years in high school
I wish I wouldn't of told him... I'm so stupid...

Well after making a video and seeing it would take 188 min to upload to youtube, I decided to just forget about it.

Listen, when I started this illustration class, I know I would fail because I have hand trimmers and drawing was out of the question for me making me say things like "I suck, I can't do this" but, I am sticking with it and if you go to my deviantART you can see my short progress in drawing.

What I am telling you stop having a defeated aditude and just try again.
Show your talent and don't say you don't have one, we all do.
See your class mates and see if they have the same interest as you and try to connect with them even if you don't become friends  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 7:28 pm
You're not a freak and shame on others for making judgments without getting to know you first. sad I used to get bullied back in Junior High and High School; popular girls used to call me a freak and even bark at me. Other than my feelings being hurt, if anyone was to be seen as a furry at that point, it'd be them...barking at me from across the track and all. I ignored it for a long time, but one day I just broke. I remember getting a really bad feeling in my solar plexus, sliding down the wall, curling into myself, and crying. My two friends who saw knew I wouldn't do anything about it, so went to the office to report it. In the end I was forced to tell the girls names and confront them in front of the principle. The bullying stopped, but I still received sneers from the hallway. I'm shy as well; I won't lie, it's a result from the bullying...but even on the days I didn't speak at all, there were people who reached out to me, and asked me what's wrong. You don't have to be outgoing to gain other's favor; just be a good person, they'll see. Even shy people can thrive, so don't worry.

If I can offer any advise, it would be to talk to someone about it, either the higher ups who can scare the bullies straight, or perhaps fellow furries you may know (they might understand the situation a little better than say your parents or friends at school). Just know there really isn't anything wrong with being a furry or being interested in them. Just be yourself, you'll be fine *smiles*  

blue_flowerchild

Shy Hunter

sandrock_buck

Versatile Raider

6,200 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:30 am
I used to get picked on a lot, not for being a fur, but because I have an oral fixation. For those of you who don't know what that is, it means that I still suck my thumb... I got thrown a lot of s**t for this and at first, yeah, I cried, I raged, I became a little unbalanced in emotions. I've since re-balanced my self and I was able to learn to ignore them. I took a self-defence class (It helped with the built up rage.) and I just started to ignore them. I hate to say this, but all of the school counselers I'd complained too about bullying were right, ignoring them can work wonders. There were a few who persisted even when I ignored them, but even they stopped after awhile. Now, I'm not going to lie to you, it's tough. Ignoring them takes an amount of patients I didn't even realize I had. But it gets easier with time...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:41 am
Luna StormHaven
Aakosir
I had something similar to this happen, but I was called whore and it was shouted through the halls... I had to ignore it. Although I spent many days in the office or at home, I just had to realize that I was the better person.

However, if it gets to a point of harassment go to an administrator at your school. They schould do something. Afterall, school is a place where you are supposed to feel comfortable and not threatened.

If the admins can't help see if the police can. Harassment is harassment. I had a policeman listen to a voicemail that someone had left. Guess what? He had the girl crying! XD And she never called again. That made me feel very good.

And the friend? If you only told him and no one heard you tell him, then how would others have found out? I had all of my friends desert me. Sorry I don't think highly of anyone anymore, but I don't trust them not to stab me in the back. He very well may have told them, or it may have slipped out. Or he could have told another friend whom could not keep their yap shut. There are many things that could have happened. I would just confront him and see if you feel he is telling the truth.

Well he dose get pissed off fairly easily I think that fight we had earlier that day made him said it... I don't know if I can trust him anymore...

Sadly, that is how a lot of people are. They don't really care about others when they get hurt, even if what they do is absolutely unjustified.

It is the same thing with bullies and trolls. They have been beat down at some point or are just not happy with their life at all, so they have to take it out on others to make themselves feel better.

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

sailor hamster

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:50 am
Luna StormHaven
User Image
I'm a loner
I trust a good friend of mine of keeping a secret of mine (That I was a furry I'm not opened to tell people that I'm a furry) and some how today I seen a few people calling me a freak and asking me if I ******** animals I said no? thn I glared at my friend he just looks at me and mouthed to me "don't look at me I didn't tell no one" and now I'm the ******** school freak I don't know what the ******** to do, do I ignor it? Do I go "mute"? Do I just not go to school anymore? Help me!!!!! crying

And I hate people

1st off: Just ignore them. as long as it's not physical abuse, just leave it be, or at least cuss them out as a last resort. They are idiots if they make fun of you for your interest. They are ignorant fools who are insecure about themselves so they pick on others to make themselves look big.But if it gets physical, scream kick their a**.
And 2nd: I know you probably did this but: DITCH YOU SO-CALLED "freind" Apparently he's no friend if he's not willing to keep his mouth shut about a secret. I'm sorry this happened to you. Hope it gets better.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:50 pm
Kayian
Luna StormHaven
Kayian
Uhg there has got to be a better way of giving you the answers you seek rather they typing...and thus I will look for them, unless you have something like skype and can voice chat but, thats if you want to go that route.

Well after making a video and seeing it would take 188 min to upload to youtube, I decided to just forget about it.

Listen, when I started this illustration class, I know I would fail because I have hand trimmers and drawing was out of the question for me making me say things like "I suck, I can't do this" but, I am sticking with it and if you go to my deviantART you can see my short progress in drawing.

See your class mates and see if they have the same interest as you and try to connect with them even if you don't become friends

I'm in band at my school and the only female in my drumline half the guys flirt with me ._. I do love music..

Xx_Shadow-Wolf459_Xx

6,250 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Xx_Shadow-Wolf459_Xx

6,250 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:03 pm
blue_flowerchild
You're not a freak and shame on others for making judgments without getting to know you first. sad I used to get bullied back in Junior High and High School; popular girls used to call me a freak and even bark at me. Other than my feelings being hurt, if anyone was to be seen as a furry at that point, it'd be them...barking at me from across the track and all. I ignored it for a long time, but one day I just broke. I remember getting a really bad feeling in my solar plexus, sliding down the wall, curling into myself, and crying. My two friends who saw knew I wouldn't do anything about it, so went to the office to report it. In the end I was forced to tell the girls names and confront them in front of the principle. The bullying stopped, but I still received sneers from the hallway. I'm shy as well; I won't lie, it's a result from the bullying...but even on the days I didn't speak at all, there were people who reached out to me, and asked me what's wrong. You don't have to be outgoing to gain other's favor; just be a good person, they'll see. Even shy people can thrive, so don't worry.

If I can offer any advise, it would be to talk to someone about it, either the higher ups who can scare the bullies straight, or perhaps fellow furries you may know (they might understand the situation a little better than say your parents or friends at school). Just know there really isn't anything wrong with being a furry or being interested in them. Just be yourself, you'll be fine *smiles*

Well my principal and consalers scares me >_< So yeah I'm kinda screwed

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:20 pm
Luna StormHaven
Kayian
Luna StormHaven
Kayian

I'm in band at my school and the only female in my drumline half the guys flirt with me ._. I do love music..

Ha ha there ya go
Now go out and show them your talent

Loquoro

Dangerous Shapeshifter

14,900 Points
  • Squash Stomper 75
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

The Final Kira

Hilarious Genius

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:26 pm
If it makes you feel better, watch this.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/562349  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:28 pm
Kayian
Luna StormHaven
Kayian
Luna StormHaven
Kayian

Ha ha there ya go

BUT!!! There is one problem The drum line has to paform in the school's talent show AND I have major stage fright... (Sorry can't spell to even if it saves my life sweatdrop )

Xx_Shadow-Wolf459_Xx

6,250 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Loquoro

Dangerous Shapeshifter

14,900 Points
  • Squash Stomper 75
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:33 pm
Luna StormHaven
Kayian
Luna StormHaven
Kayian
Luna StormHaven
Kayian

Ha ha there ya go

BUT!!! There is one problem The drum line has to paform in the school's talent show AND I have major stage fright... (Sorry can't spell to even if it saves my life sweatdrop )

Oh don't worry I am the same way but, now taking acting for TV and oral incapacitation class, I am starting to become more confident when a lot of people are looking at me

and as far as spelling goes, don't worry. No one is perfect  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:36 pm
Kayian
Luna StormHaven
Kayian
Luna StormHaven
Kayian

Ha ha there ya go

Oh don't worry I am the same way but, now taking acting for TV and oral incapacitation class, I am starting to become more confident when a lot of people are looking at me

and as far as spelling goes, don't worry. No one is perfect

Grmmar Nazis are... And plus I have to talk after the drumline plays I have dyslexia pretty good...

Xx_Shadow-Wolf459_Xx

6,250 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Loquoro

Dangerous Shapeshifter

14,900 Points
  • Squash Stomper 75
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:01 pm
Err...like I said, no ones perfect....although I cant say much with only something that I forget what it was called, I think it was damp or w/e
I think...I just lost the game...  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:55 pm
Kayian
Err...like I said, no ones perfect....although I cant say much with only something that I forget what it was called, I think it was damp or w/e
I think...I just lost the game...

Like YOU said no one is perfect! I have a few major flaws
People hate me Hell I git a better attitude today I wore a collar today!  

Xx_Shadow-Wolf459_Xx

6,250 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:30 pm
I was in color guard, with the marching band, for all my high school years. I got over my stage fright very quickly. I realized that I loved doing what I did, plus not many people were looking at me. Don't let fear hinder what you love. If you do that then you will surely get nowhere in life. Life is about overcomming obstacles. It's not easy. And if anyone ever says life is easy then they are in for a major wake up call.  
Serious discussion & Rants

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff