Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
The horror....the horror... O.O Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Prepare to have a piece of your childhood killed.
  If you scare easily or don't want to be horrified, don't click the link.
View Results

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:00 pm
Purple: Got to see it again. Now I understand I watched it as a "trailer" or a "movie" rather then enjoying the timing and such. It does tell a story and a very dark and twisted story to the cutie Totoro story. It was wickedly awesome man! Reminds me of a picture I saw once where Totoro was...well lets just say he wasn't as nice looking as he is in the show.

Dude: *shakes head* Don't get me wrong some are stupid and will eventually crumble because of their stupidity for example Square Enix(?) is well on it's way to fading out with the crap games they keep putting out. However, some don't just sit around on their butts they have to get this stuff translate and dubbed and all that stuff for us to even get a shot at it and well that's if the creator decides to release it over here. Miyazaki released his stuff hear earlier and the company that handled it did such a piss poor job that he wouldn't release anymore of his stuff cause they butchered that thing so badly. It's only recently that he decided to risk it again and that's why we're starting to get his stuff over here now.

Honestly it depends on so many things and yeah it sucks we get shafted often, but then again I know other places that don't even get half of what we get. So be grateful we even get this much man. All companies, if good or have a high enough rep, get richer off of our money that's how the world works. We work to buy stuff we need and then what we want, that's just the reality of it. There for if your needs and your wants out weigh your income you either have to give up something or get a better job. *shrugs*

Hence why they have wallets and such that read "Anime is my Crack" or "I should have gone with Crack it would have been cheaper" or other such things. Those that enjoy it get seriously hooked don't want to give it up so will do what they can and for some even more to be able to get that next episode just like a fix.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:21 am
Besides, nobody's starving over their anime addiction, least of all you, dude. xd  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:31 pm
MR: In this you are wrong.
For they do NOT do any work,
they simply push it off onto the poor "nameless cogs"
that work for them for as small amount of pay as possible.

Finding a good pating job is not easy when almost ALL
employers are heartless, brainless, devils from hell.

That's why wallets that say those things are always small.
Because the designers of those wallets KNOW that the owner
will never have alot of money to put in it V_V

Purple: considdering all I've missed out on over my life...
That's not a fair statement >_>  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:49 pm
There is still work involved, dude. And the "nameless cogs" still get paid. And what about creators and artists and writers? Shouldn't they be compensated for their efforts? I think that's the point she was trying to make. I'm not against downloading; I just think you should understand both sides.

You said, "trying to save for the things they love while starving to death." Nobody is starving because of an anime addiction, including you. People in this country who are starving tend to be doing so because they don't have money for food, not because they just HAD to have the latest pokemon dvd. And no one ever collects everything in a favored category. You think classic car collectors manage to buy all the '50s Chevys they want? You think book collectors like me ever get all the books we want? Most of the time, you just have to take what you can get and live with that. You've led a pretty privileged life compared to a lot of people, so if you want to talk about fair, you haven't missed out on much of anything really.

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 2:25 pm
I'd just like to be able to not have to choose between things.

Besides, even the creators of things don't have nearly the same amout of money as the companies that buy the right to sell it. Just because they pay the animators for there work, doesn't mean that they don't get like, 1000 times back from selling it.

Especially the animators that work specifically for those big corporations.

The higher-ups never care about anything but their own wallets.
They'd kill their own parents for a dollar.

(so no, I don't EVER feel sorry for corporations)
They are ALL evil, devils...  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 8:17 pm
*puts up hands and whistles* Whoa...

Purple: Thank you, that was what I was getting at...I think. *scratches head* Anymore I'm a bit lost in my own mind. *shakes head* Don't ask. Anyway...good points.

Dude: Purple has a point in a perfect world we wouldn't need money to buy things we'd be above that, but then again we'd be above a lot of other things but we won't go there, and then we could all have what we want. However, this is NOT a perfect world. In fact it's far from it my man. Good guy's die young, the stupid are out breeding the smart, we can't get all that we want, and when we kick it we sure can't take it with us. The point in all that. Those people have jobs, they get paid and some of those people just don't know how to properly negotiate so they get that good end of the deal when they sale their idea. In other words my man, hind sight is the best sight.

Seriously, yes some big corporations should fall into some dark abyssal part of the underworld, but that will eventually happen when enough fans or workers have had enough and stop buying their stuff or all the good workers stop going to them for a job and they crumble. So, you want to bring down big corporations quit buying their stuff. By the way they're not completely "nameless cogs" they are mentioned in credits shoot I swear even the dog walker for Tippy the producers poodle is mentioned now days in the credits it's ridiculous.

However, like Purple said you've got to see both sides. Agreed they could do some things better but to say they are ALL "evil" is just blind blaming. That's like saying ALL white men are....um...two timers. (No, I do not believe this just make an example.) Are SOME of these big companies "evil"? *nods* Probably. Are ALL of these big companies "evil"? *shakes head* Most definitely NOT.  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:33 pm
xwhateverxdudex
I'd just like to be able to not have to choose between things.

Pssh, we all have to choose between things; that's a part of life. Should I get the chocolate ice cream or the vanilla? Should I get a job or go back to school? Should I buy this dvd or that book? Should I say hello to that annoying neighbor or ignore him? Choices are the triggers for life's paths. We can't follow both paths.

Also, what she said. whee

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:15 pm
I hate hind site, they say it's always 50/50
(I think that's how it goes)

But it never does you any good.
Just makes you feel like crap after the fact.

And always go for chocolate, unless it's home-made ^.^
"get a job or go back to school" (both are a pain in the a**)
"buy this dvd or that book" (DVD usually, unless it's an AWESOME book, like LOTR or HP)
"say hello or ignore him" (if he's annoying, why waste your breath)

There, answers given ^.^ LOL  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:03 pm
Lmao, it's 20/20. Cuz it's a vision thing? rofl

Hindsight is sposed to teach you. Learn from your mistakes.

I prefer vanilla.
You need a job to make money.
DVD versus book is a matter of opinion.
Why be rude when you can be the better person?

There, better answers. xd

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:27 pm
I couldn't remember the number,
Just shows that I don't know how many things are measured.

AND... make you feel like crap ^^;

to each his/her own
doesn't make it any less of a pain
to each his/her own
and why purposefully put yourself in a position that would inevitably only cause stress (which is bad for your heath) due to anger/frustration/annoyance almost every time. (life puts you through enough crap as it is, no need to add to it)

Perhaps, but I still like mine mrgreen  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 2:41 pm
How stressful is it to wave to someone or yell Hi? confused  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:01 pm
*snickers* Well I suppose 50/50 works too but it really doesn't get the same message across. It's also one of those things that reminds us that we aren't perfect we'll make mistakes and we can always look back and see the mistakes but the future is still unknown and ready to be made.

*chuckles* Better then the answers my alternate ego came up with. He can be quite warped at times.

As for me yeah I'm more of a vanilla person myself. I don't like chocolate unless I'm really seriously craving it.
That's a catch 22 there. I mean you need money to go back to school but you need schooling to get a job. I say go back to school.
Depends on what either is.
Hm....I say...say hi to the dude never hurts if he flips you off just smile and wave it confuses the heck out of them. *nods*  

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:16 pm
Purple: If they annoy you that much...
anytime you say anything to them,
they'll to something to get to you.
(I was assuming that was every time)

MR: don't you mean "but the future is still unknown and ready to be filled with mistakes"
I wonder what THEY were, LOL

Hmm... didn't think of that... hehehe ^.^  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 12:19 am
People can only annoy you if you let them. Unless you live in the same house. Different rules, then.  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 11:56 am
If they are your neighbor, it's almost LIKE being in the same house.
Because everytime you go outside, there they are doing something annoying.

>.<  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces