Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply Social Room
Games We Have Discredited Due to Age/Popularity Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:31 pm
Kuzodav
Oh, now I got it.

TF2 is a genuinely good game.

I didn't mention TF2 but I probably would have made 75% of the guild angry regardless.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:56 pm
Just about everyone I know bitches about Doom just because it's going on 20 years old, even though it's still tons of fun so many years later.  

misternitsua

IRL Feeder

6,100 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cart Raider 100

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:02 am
Tae-Kwon-Doh-Boy
I've let popular perception skew my opinion on RPGs in general. That reason and the fact that I wasn't all that impressed by FF7 and the amount of time needed for that and other games of that type is the reason I dislike RPGs

As someone who likes RPGs, I honestly think they work better on handhelds. Level-grinding gets extremely boring after a couple of hours, but it generally doesn't get to you in 15 minute chunks while waiting for the bus or between classes. Get through the cutscenes when you have a bit more free time, and you're up to 80+ hours before you know it. If the game has the ability to save anywhere, this is usually how I get through it.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:26 am
Zephyrkitty
Tae-Kwon-Doh-Boy
I've let popular perception skew my opinion on RPGs in general. That reason and the fact that I wasn't all that impressed by FF7 and the amount of time needed for that and other games of that type is the reason I dislike RPGs

As someone who likes RPGs, I honestly think they work better on handhelds. Level-grinding gets extremely boring after a couple of hours, but it generally doesn't get to you in 15 minute chunks while waiting for the bus or between classes. Get through the cutscenes when you have a bit more free time, and you're up to 80+ hours before you know it. If the game has the ability to save anywhere, this is usually how I get through it.

True and False.

I was ******** crazy about Soul Silver. I ******** was steamrolling that game, grinding along the way. Beat the Elite Four the second time. level 65 pokemon? No problem.
K. now the next trainer you fight as a level 85 pikachu, and all you have are level 50-56 level pokemon to train off of. HAVE FUN!
I couldn't muster up that grinding patience.  

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 4:49 pm
Kuzodav
Zephyrkitty
Tae-Kwon-Doh-Boy

True and False.

I was ******** crazy about Soul Silver. I ******** was steamrolling that game, grinding along the way. Beat the Elite Four the second time. level 65 pokemon? No problem.
K. now the next trainer you fight as a level 85 pikachu, and all you have are level 50-56 level pokemon to train off of. HAVE FUN!

I rematched the gym leaders and Elite Four a few times, personally. It's still boring, but their pokémon are higher levels and give out more experience.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 8:00 pm
I beat Red in my first encounter with him. I used items generously, though.  

Waynebrizzle

Raptorphobia

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 10:48 pm
luigis mansion heart  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:53 am
Kuzodav
Zephyrkitty
Tae-Kwon-Doh-Boy

True and False.

Yea, it's a huge jump, but that's only if you're just playing SoulSilver. I beat Red on my first try, but just barely, and that's because I brought over my pokemon from Diamond and Pearl to beat HG and therefore they were already high level and got even higher level. I think it was more for people who brought pokemon over from other games and were already obsessed. =P  

Ribbin

4,900 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 11:50 am
I just transferred over old, already strong Pokemon that could handle Red. If there are ever anymore difficulty jumps like that in Pokemon then I'll just do the same again.

Also, I agree about the handheld RPG thing. I can only ever seem to make much progress in console games during periods in my life when I have no school at all and no one is around to bother me. When you can move around with your long-a** game, it's just so much better.

P.S. You can play FFVII on PSP now.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 5:00 pm
Kingdom Hearts I and II were really good games. I like the series but haven't played any other games.

Pokemon. Still a good game and great time waster, but people discredit it too much for being a kids game.

Pikmin I and II. I haven't heard anything praising these games. I know a few people here haven't played them, and they really are good games.

Luigi's Mansion. Luigi got his own game, no one liked it. Poor him. Still a good solid game. Could use some improvements, but definitely worthy of a sequel.

Legend of Dragoon. I don't know if anyone has heard of this, but a really good game for the Playstation. Kind of like Final Fantasy, but better. More interactive gameplay and the difficulty spikes frequently.

And I dislike all of the Final Fantasy Games. Too many of them and everyone wants them to be like FFVII.  

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

Zephyrkitty

Beloved Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:50 pm
l-Kathulu-l
Pikmin I and II. I haven't heard anything praising these games. I know a few people here haven't played them, and they really are good games.

I see them brought up occasionally, and I generally hear really positive things about both games.They're really great games, although I like 2 more than 1.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:44 pm
Have been playing Sonic Adventure 2 again lately

Turns out I've been right all along and it is the best game ever made  

[-Stefan-]

musicguy16

6,800 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 4:33 pm
Sadly, I've never played TF2, Final Fantasy, or any of the kind. I've always been curious about them and if they're as good as I've heard. As with games like CoD, I was never good with first-person shooters. Granted I only played it once. The only other FPS I've played was some Star Wars thing for Playstation - and it was *surprisingly* good. I'm thinking of getting an FPS but I'm not quite sure if the game even has depth in the storyline and if it won't just be a boring "kill the most people you possibly can" games. Although there are some indie games that look quite good - big fan of indie games. ^.^  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:29 pm
I have the Legend of Dragoon.
Could not get into it at all.  

Kuzodav

Eloquent Conversationalist

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 7:43 pm
l-Kathulu-l
Luigi got his own game, no one liked it.

Why does everyone say that?
Everyone I've talked to loves Luigi's Mansion. It was easily just as good as Super Mario Sunshine.  
Social Room

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff