Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply HighTail Cafe
anyone know anything about glowsticking? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Deaths kitsune

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:52 pm
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune

ya, but it looks like hes had a hell of alot more practice them me. and to add, hes using led sticks. (dont know if that dose much). But i spent about 20 mins today practicing. i found i can alteast do lower leg wraps with my right hand, but they could still use some work. I did do something interesting that i tried replicating, and i hit myself in the back of the head

I think the only difference is that the sticks wont lose their light as much and may be slightly brighter.

wow hitting yourself in the back of the head nice XD oh have u seen this video its so awesome!!!!

Fighting gravity

i was rooting for them

Lol yeah their act was pretty cool ^^

i think ill get some more practice this week. i have off until Saturday. im just hoping that i can get good at it by November.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:15 pm
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune

ya, but it looks like hes had a hell of alot more practice them me. and to add, hes using led sticks. (dont know if that dose much). But i spent about 20 mins today practicing. i found i can alteast do lower leg wraps with my right hand, but they could still use some work. I did do something interesting that i tried replicating, and i hit myself in the back of the head

I think the only difference is that the sticks wont lose their light as much and may be slightly brighter.

wow hitting yourself in the back of the head nice XD oh have u seen this video its so awesome!!!!

Fighting gravity

i was rooting for them

i think ill get some more practice this week. i have off until Saturday. im just hoping that i can get good at it by November.

why by November?

here's a trick to work on when you're up to doing it with two hands.

spinning with your hands straight then slowly crossing them at the elbows then bringing them back straight once again.

also when you first start with two maybe have the strings different lengths ^^  

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Deaths kitsune

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:21 pm
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune

Fighting gravity

i was rooting for them

why by November?

here's a trick to work on when you're up to doing it with two hands.

spinning with your hands straight then slowly crossing them at the elbows then bringing them back straight once again.

also when you first start with two maybe have the strings different lengths ^^

Theres a convention in November and id like to see if i could show off there

but once i get that far, ill try it  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:27 pm
Deaths kitsune

That sounds fun. Yeah the main trick in my thinking to using two at once is always keep one a quarter turn behind the other ^^ but a lot of it is training your mind and body to work together while using both sides of the brain at once.  

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Deaths kitsune

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 8:32 pm
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune

That sounds fun. Yeah the main trick in my thinking to using two at once is always keep one a quarter turn behind the other ^^ but a lot of it is training your mind and body to work together while using both sides of the brain at once.

there is something they have. its called split time.
http://www.glowsticking.com/articles-and-tutorials/tutorials/glowstringing-tutorials/101-intro-to-glowstringing.html
its in here.
ive been using this site to help me out  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:26 pm
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune

http://www.glowsticking.com/articles-and-tutorials/tutorials/glowstringing-tutorials/101-intro-to-glowstringing.html
its in here.

That's a nice tutorial ^^  

Dark-Velvet-Revolver

9,000 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Celtic zombie-kitten

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:30 pm
IT LOOKS PRETTEH!!! *grabs glowsticks out of video and starts chewing on them* razz  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:31 pm
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune
Dark-Velvet-Revolver
Deaths kitsune

its in here.

That's a nice tutorial ^^

they have some helpful people on there  

Deaths kitsune

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200

Quintessence

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:18 am
I used to glowstick all the time. I would recommend not using the strings at first... You can do impressive stuff with just holding the sticks in your hands, and it teaches you to be a better dancer than just relying on the flash of spinning lights. The major thing that will make you stand out as a poor glowsticker is if you are a terrible dancer that's trying to mask it with a light show.

Also, I tend to use LEDs instead of actual glowsticks. You can get these in Walmart with their camping supplies, next to the flashlights. They look like this:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

They are called LED safety glowsticks or something like that.

Just break off the plastic tube and you have vivid, bright, unique lights to dance with. I'd recommend blue or green, the red and white ones can be a little dim.

Beyond that, learn a few patterns, like the figure 8. There should be plenty of instructional videos on youtube for basic glowstick dance moves. Once you have a few patterns down, try practicing in front of a mirror to make sure your set has as much flash as you think it does... Just move with the music, listen to the lyrics, and make it your expression. If the song is talking about hearts beating, incorporate it into your motion and whatnot.

If you start sticking, people are going to start asking you for light shows. Just bear in mind that you want to flash them directly in the eyes as little as possible if you are using LEDs... it can be a really striking effect if it's brief and timed right with the music, but if you spend the whole time with your lights in their face, they're gonna get annoyed. Move around their head, in and out of peripheral vision. Pay attention to how your lights trail in the dark (and often smoke) of a club, use it to your advantage.

And don't forget to move your bod. :3 If you are giving a light show, a person will never be able to see your non-sticking moves better, so you'll look silly if you are stiff with your arms going nuts around them.

And that's all I got. smile  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 8:51 pm
Quintessence
I used to glowstick all the time. I would recommend not using the strings at first... You can do impressive stuff with just holding the sticks in your hands, and it teaches you to be a better dancer than just relying on the flash of spinning lights. The major thing that will make you stand out as a poor glowsticker is if you are a terrible dancer that's trying to mask it with a light show.

Also, I tend to use LEDs instead of actual glowsticks. You can get these in Walmart with their camping supplies, next to the flashlights. They look like this:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

They are called LED safety glowsticks or something like that.

Just break off the plastic tube and you have vivid, bright, unique lights to dance with. I'd recommend blue or green, the red and white ones can be a little dim.

Beyond that, learn a few patterns, like the figure 8. There should be plenty of instructional videos on youtube for basic glowstick dance moves. Once you have a few patterns down, try practicing in front of a mirror to make sure your set has as much flash as you think it does... Just move with the music, listen to the lyrics, and make it your expression. If the song is talking about hearts beating, incorporate it into your motion and whatnot.

If you start sticking, people are going to start asking you for light shows. Just bear in mind that you want to flash them directly in the eyes as little as possible if you are using LEDs... it can be a really striking effect if it's brief and timed right with the music, but if you spend the whole time with your lights in their face, they're gonna get annoyed. Move around their head, in and out of peripheral vision. Pay attention to how your lights trail in the dark (and often smoke) of a club, use it to your advantage.

And don't forget to move your bod. :3 If you are giving a light show, a person will never be able to see your non-sticking moves better, so you'll look silly if you are stiff with your arms going nuts around them.

And that's all I got. smile

Well, thanks you for this. The dancing thing....will have to work with. I've been told i could dance if i try, so i guess ill have to look up some videos to get some ideas of how to do this.

But im glad someone who has done glowsticking could talk to me. This was very helpful.

If only i could get some one on one with someone who dose glowsticking  

Deaths kitsune

8,650 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
HighTail Cafe

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers