Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Movies / Books / Video Games / Culinary / Avatars
Studio Ghibli Films Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Studio Ghibli Films:
  Heard of it. But haven't seen any.
  Love it!
  Hate it!
  What is that?
  I just want the gold. . .
View Results

ayla the young soul

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:28 pm
HEEN
User Image
The anime face of EPICNESS!!  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 5:02 pm
My fave has to be Whisper of the heart. I've seen a bunch of them but I'm not sure if I've seen all of them yet. but I really really really really really really really really really want toooooooooooooooooooo.  

Noodles The Neko

5,750 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Statustician 100

Equine Molly Heart

PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 7:00 pm
I'm order-

1. Only Yesterday **** out of **** A seldom seen classic, but a triumph. Everything about this film works, and works beautifully.

2. Porco Rosso ****

3. Princess Mononoke ****

4 Ocean Waves/I Can Hear the Ocean **** A romantic comedy that works. Except instead of a grand revelation, a much more subdued take. Featuring students who act like students, going on great adventures that real people do.

5. Kiki's Delivery Service *** 1/2

6. Grave of the Fireflies*** 1/2 This would be towards the top, but suffers from some pacing issues in the later half.

7. My Neighbor Totoro ***

8. Nausicaa of the Valley of Wind*** Some of the best animation of the eighties, but the plot makes very little sense. It does not hold up at all as a feature. Sure, the comic explains everything, but as a stand alone film, it fails. But, to be honest, I only remember that in hindsight. Watching the film, it appears flawless.

10. Spirited Away ***

11. Howl's Moving Castle** 1/2

12. Ponyo ** 1/2 Ponyo is full of expositions, with characters explaining plot points instead of letting them come fluidly. Set ups are planted, but the seeds never grow. References to ideas are brought up but easily forgotten. Miyazaki essentially crafted on half a movie, then rushed the rest of it.

13. Pon Poko ** When I first saw the film, I though some cultural differences impaired my enjoyment. Then I learned more about the film. It actually didn't help all that much. Isao Takahata showed little regard for Story structure, for pacing, or dialog.

14. Castle in the Sky ** It's bad....  
Movies / Books / Video Games / Culinary / Avatars

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces