Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Ultimate Roleplaying (NUR) [CLOSED]

Back to Guilds

A long-lived guild, filled with memories of a time long-gone. RIP NUR. 

Tags: naruto, roleplaying, jutsu, fantasy, discussion 

Reply Non-NaruChat Sub (Talk about anything & everything) [LOCKED]
Seriously Obama? Seriously? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

R0bot0

Patriotic Guildsman

9,425 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:44 pm
Well, no I was aiming for the non-educated part of the military, and the ones who are doing nothing but guarding. Actually that they get educated there has it's slight flaws.

1st flaw: Most of them get out of there, still dumber than flies.

2nd flaw: They do not get to study exactly what they wanted, if they were the type to go to the military in order to study.

3rd flaw: Brute strength does not equal intelligence

4th flaw: Most people who get out of there and are intelligent is because they were intelligent even before they joined the military o-o

5th flaw: blah blah blah blah

(I rest my case talk2hand )  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:01 pm
XSK Ambrosia
Well, no I was aiming for the non-educated part of the military, and the ones who are doing nothing but guarding. Actually that they get educated there has it's slight flaws.

1st flaw: Most of them get out of there, still dumber than flies.

2nd flaw: They do not get to study exactly what they wanted, if they were the type to go to the military in order to study.

3rd flaw: Brute strength does not equal intelligence

4th flaw: Most people who get out of there and are intelligent is because they were intelligent even before they joined the military o-o

5th flaw: blah blah blah blah

(I rest my case talk2hand )

Actually, from what I've heard, if you go straight into the military without going to college, when you get out, they'll pay for you to go to college and study whatever it is you want to study and do for the rest of your life. But if the military's funding is being cut . . . how are they going to afford to do that anymore, I wonder.

Edit: Also, a lot of civilian engineers work for the military developing stuff you guys were talking about. If the military can't hire them 'cause of lack of funding, then where are they going to work, I wonder.  

Koneko Kuromira

7,500 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Elocutionist 200

partymonk44

Shirtless Genius

5,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:48 am
I would like to make a comment on an earlier post (the one about soldiers getting paid more than educated individuals) That is a lie. My father works diligently for the military, getting shipped across the sea often for the war in the middle east (which by the way is still going on, regardless of Osama's death) and even when he's shipped out, and getting shot at, as a combat medic that he had to take several classes for (see they do become educated going into the military) even then he doesn't even get paid minimum wage. Even someone who jumps right out of high school with no college degree, and gets a job, they still get paid minimum wage.

The war now may not be as ragging as it was in the past, but if you think about what would have happened had they cut military funding just before the second world war had begun, a war that every one in the country had to pitch in on, and give their full effort to support, imagine where we would be now. As it was once put in a movie, when a character was asked why they brought a pistol to an expedition "I would rather have one and not need one, than need one and not have one."

As for war movements, things are getting pretty bad. The extremist muslims are moving against Israel making mobs cross the border, attempting to use propaganda by forcing the Israels to push them back. They would claim to be repressed by the Israeli people even thought the country is only protecting it's own borders from possible threats to civilians. This propaganda would be used so that if Israel ever decided to defend themselves from the Islamist movements that the US would not support them, even if Israel is our oldest ally. The Muslim Brotherhood has also made a move in Libya utilizing the revolution to take control. They have even made open statements to gathered crowds, on camera, that they wished to establish sherilla law in the area, before stating that they would destroy both Israel and the US by the law of allah. Turkey (previously a portion of an old muslim empire) is now making bonds with Iran, supplying them with their full military power (which believe me is scary) and the Muslim Brotherhood of both countries openly stated that they wish to recreate the lost muslim empire, before they assault their religious enemies.

If you have no clue what I'm talking about...Wake UP! Look this stuff up, know who's out to kill you in the world of today, and don't sit back in a bean bag chair thinking "oh no way he's just trying to scare us," or "No who would want to kill us so bad." Check out the documentaries such as Rumors of War Part 1 and Part 2. Then go out on the open internet and look for the documents. You don't think we have military problems headed our way, think again.

Also, for some people the military is a necessary source of income. Regardless of weather or not we have war NOW, they still shouldn't have the right to take away someone's pay check, that feeds their family. My dad has to take on two jobs and work for the military just to match the lower middle class, if anything they should pay those who got shipped out a bonus for their courageous service. If we cut military funds, what will happen to the GI bill, one of the greatest political decisions since the Deceleration of Independence? We should be treating our soldiers better for what they give. Even if they didn't take an extra class through boot camp, they still get shipped away from their families with no guarantee that they will return. Obama is out of touch with the majority population, and with his spending plan, the budget cuts probably wont help.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:01 am
Good idea for Obama, if he really wants to help out the economy by cutting spending, then maybe he shouldn't be giving off rights to our own oil. He sold out the area in the gulf of mexico where we had claims for oil drilling to brazil, only to let them sell it right back to us. If environmentalists claim that it would be bad for the environment to drill their then why would it be better for them to drill there than for us to drill their? We could cut a lot of spending if we were to just drill our own oil resources instead of paying for others to drill it and sell it to us. If we utilized our own natural resources in this nation we would be in much less debt than we are now, and gas prices would be capable of dropping without cutting into the national reserves stock. This would lift a load off of the general population that need to travel for work, putting money in their pockets that they can then use to buy supply and stimulate the economy.

Any of this sounding like a good idea yet?  

partymonk44

Shirtless Genius

5,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200

Sorgaren
Vice Captain

Enduring Receiver

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:41 pm
There is one thing I have to disagree with in all of this. Whether you argue it or not, the United States--as it stands--is in a state of peace. Sure, our economy may be absolutely terrible, but until we are engaged on our own soil, our country is in a state of peace. The last, extremely noteworthy attack that was made on our country was ten years ago with 9/11. After that, no real significant attacks have been made directly to our country. Not even from terrorists. With that said, I think it's perfectly within reason for the president to cut money from the military. Think about it. The only reason anyone's ever built up large military forces is when they intended to use them. Obama's practically preached that he plans on taking people out of Iraq and Pakistan and everywhere else we've positioned troops over there. With this declaration in place, and plans currently in place to get the troops out, where do we have this need for additional military assets?

Koneko, I can say that most of your rant stems from the fact that the new plan is effecting you directly. Think of how you would react if it didn't effect you. It's plainly obvious that bias has taken a foothold.

With that aside, my solution? Bring the workers from big corporations like WalMart and Target--who have used workers in other countries as cheaper labor--back into the US, which would create waaay more jobs than the ones that are being lost due to the military cuts. I suppose Monk's oil thing wouldn't hurt, either, but our oil would run out fairly quickly.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:24 pm
xXThe_Epic_MuffinXx

Mr. Muffin , had you paid attention to my first post you would have recognized a basic summary of documents interviews and camera footage that makes it plain and simple that our enemies are gathering about us. The Muslim Brotherhood, a radical Islamist group in the middle east has been collecting the countries of a former empire. They are creating radical religious governments and have openly stated that they will bring death to the United States of America. Their alliances include more masses of land with more military power, and they are getting away with it mostly because Obama is playing nice because he wants their oil. They are collecting in the middle east to destroy Israel and America, to cut our own military now would be suicide. You do not drop your swords when you see your enemy charging. Watch the documentaries for Rumors of War, they have collected a large mass of information that shows a foreboding war is inevitable. We may not have enemies here on our soil now, but if we don't prepare then we will make it all the easier for them to start a war, and make it all the easier for them to start assaulting American soil, if we do not invest into the future then we will die for our ignorance. Why would you cut your army down when your foe raises their own up, the one place we should never have budget cuts is the military.  

partymonk44

Shirtless Genius

5,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200

partymonk44

Shirtless Genius

5,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:34 pm
I would also like to comment that Koneko may be arguing because it affects her directly, but she is an american similar to hundreds of thousands perhaps even more who are also directly affected by this. If government is supposed to help the people than why are they doing something like this that hurts so many people? It takes away from a pay check used for helping the families of america, and that harms countless Americans in the process. So yes it stems directly from her experience, an experience shared by multiple Americans who have suffered the same harm.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 1:51 pm
Well, then I suppose there's only one more solution. The only way to turn this mess around is to adopt a Roosevelt policy. "You step on my toes, I'll stomp on yours." That's the only way any of this is going to be solved. Then, when the stupid terrorists are out of the way, we can focus on fixing the economy. With their equipment--however--that can be done even with reduced funding.  

Sorgaren
Vice Captain

Enduring Receiver

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Marathon 300

partymonk44

Shirtless Genius

5,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:48 pm
Although I can agree with the rest of your statement, I am still concerned for the under payment of the US soldiers. Due to funding cuts (as a higher ranked national guardsmen has informed me) The US army is unable to maintain the number of soldiers that they have, thus they are cutting the number of soldiers we have in order to make up for it. Cutting the military funds will hurt our soldiers in both number and ability to support their own family, and many are concerned that they will no longer have a job by the next week. My opinion that there should be no military budget cuts still stands, and I'm sorry if you still disagree.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 2:54 pm
There's not much that can be done if we disagree on that. XD This kind of stuff has always given me quite the stalwart opinion.  

Sorgaren
Vice Captain

Enduring Receiver

9,700 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Marathon 300
Non-NaruChat Sub (Talk about anything & everything) [LOCKED]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash