Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nintendo Cult!

Back to Guilds

So long and thanks for the memories. 

Tags: Nintendo, Gaming, Video games 

Reply 'Tendo Cult~
[Confirmed]Nintendo to showcase new console at E3 Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

l-Kathulu-l

Versatile Man-Lover

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:57 am
I'm gonna severely doubt the 3D aspect. I mean I could see them doing something like the Kinect and releasing it a few years after launch, but I don't think having the 3D will help sales. I hate 3D. I like being able to turn it off though, so that makes the 3DS accessible to any gamer.

I do like the little handheld touchscreen idea though. It'll seem like a block if it has the L1 R1 and Trigger shoulder buttons, and then some. But Nintendo made the N64 controller, so people will still go for it.

But it announces at E3, then we can see. That's June 7th-9th. Then there is the rest of 2011 to go through, and it will be released in 2012. Vague as to when, but I would see Nintendo doing a Winter release for sale purposes. So yes, new console in 2012. Whoo. We don't have any confirmed things though, so this is gonna be fun to watch development wise.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:30 pm
WHAT COULD MORE POWERFUL THAN THE PS3 EVEN LOOK LIKE? It strikes fear into my heart just thinking about it gonk  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:26 pm
The Eleventh AK
WHAT COULD MORE POWERFUL THAN THE PS3 EVEN LOOK LIKE? It strikes fear into my heart just thinking about it gonk
I know you must have seen it already, but I dont care.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 5:28 pm
and oh hey i did call the whole 3-d thing awhile back and got shot down but yeah from the sounds of it, they are prolly gonna do it. niggas.  

Xilo The Odd

Kolexzik

Friendly Conversationalist

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:23 am
How much backtracking do you think it will handle? Like Wii games, GC games, Virtual console, etc?  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:43 am
Xilo The Odd
my guess, its gonna have compatability with 3D TVs much like the 3DS. it'd differ tv to tv but could you imagine? the first console set to utilize 3d tv tech.

nintendo has been shootin for stuff like this for the past decade.

PS3 and Xbox 360 already have games to play in 3D...  

duvaxD

6,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Junior Trader 100

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 2:34 pm
duvaxD
Xilo The Odd
my guess, its gonna have compatability with 3D TVs much like the 3DS. it'd differ tv to tv but could you imagine? the first console set to utilize 3d tv tech.

whats your point? nvm don't care.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:31 pm
could you imagine? the first console set to utilize 3d tv tech.  

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:18 am
I can see 3D being an option, but not one that would get too much widespread use. Nintendo doesn't really adopt something like that unless it'll get widespread use. A peripheral that they might not support? Sure. Adding in 3D capability for 3D TVs when the penetration rate for 3D TVs is really low? Doubtful. If 3D becomes as mainstream as HD is now, I see them maybe supporting it down the line (though it's yet to be proven if Nintendo is serious about firmware updates for anything at this point), but they did just say that from their tests with 3D, they didn't plan to use it on a home console.

STILL the new console is interesting for a number of reasons.

One, it's going to be stronger than the PS360, and is coming out next year? That's great and all, but Nintendo going first is going to allow Sony and Microsoft to one-up them in a year or two. What's interesting is that Sony and Microsoft both just came out with some big guns, and have both said (last I knew) that they wanted this generation to last at least two more years longer, and have both launched pretty investing peripherals, the Move, to my knowledge, not doing miracles for the PS3, but Kinect, definitely is. It would be a shot in the foot for at least Microsoft to launch a new console right now, with 360 sales at their highest in a long while if not for its entire lifespan.

Also interesting is the controller, or at least what it's all-but-confirmed to be. The touch screen controller with standard gaming controls (two joysticks, eight buttons, d-pad), with ability to stream content (games or movies?) from the console? It's a pretty interesting idea, and something that has been toyed around with (early PSP -> PS3 and GBA -> GCN), but to see them seemingly going away from the Wii motion-control route to something like this is pretty surprising, but with Nintendo, they prove time and time again, that you will never be able to guess what is coming next. Will Sony and Microsoft follow suite and copy up? Will the controller with a screen be a success? Can it fail?

Things are interesting. Bring on E3.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:14 am
Xilo The Odd
duvaxD
Xilo The Odd

My point is that the next nintendo console will not be the first to utilize 3D TV tech. d:  

duvaxD

6,800 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Junior Trader 100

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:08 pm
duvaxD
Xilo The Odd
duvaxD
Xilo The Odd

My point is that the next nintendo console will not be the first to utilize 3D TV tech. d:

it's xilo, it is impossible to have a proper discussion with him as he will pretend he was arguing something different with every post  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 5:20 pm
launch title  

Waynebrizzle

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 12:27 pm
Meta_Fish
I can see 3D being an option, but not one that would get too much widespread use. Nintendo doesn't really adopt something like that unless it'll get widespread use. A peripheral that they might not support? Sure. Adding in 3D capability for 3D TVs when the penetration rate for 3D TVs is really low? Doubtful. If 3D becomes as mainstream as HD is now, I see them maybe supporting it down the line (though it's yet to be proven if Nintendo is serious about firmware updates for anything at this point), but they did just say that from their tests with 3D, they didn't plan to use it on a home console.

STILL the new console is interesting for a number of reasons.

One, it's going to be stronger than the PS360, and is coming out next year? That's great and all, but Nintendo going first is going to allow Sony and Microsoft to one-up them in a year or two. What's interesting is that Sony and Microsoft both just came out with some big guns, and have both said (last I knew) that they wanted this generation to last at least two more years longer, and have both launched pretty investing peripherals, the Move, to my knowledge, not doing miracles for the PS3, but Kinect, definitely is. It would be a shot in the foot for at least Microsoft to launch a new console right now, with 360 sales at their highest in a long while if not for its entire lifespan.

Also interesting is the controller, or at least what it's all-but-confirmed to be. The touch screen controller with standard gaming controls (two joysticks, eight buttons, d-pad), with ability to stream content (games or movies?) from the console? It's a pretty interesting idea, and something that has been toyed around with (early PSP -> PS3 and GBA -> GCN), but to see them seemingly going away from the Wii motion-control route to something like this is pretty surprising, but with Nintendo, they prove time and time again, that you will never be able to guess what is coming next. Will Sony and Microsoft follow suite and copy up? Will the controller with a screen be a success? Can it fail?

Things are interesting. Bring on E3.
i agree

but hang on lets fite over dumb s**t MORE  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:13 pm
The Eleventh AK
duvaxD
Xilo The Odd
duvaxD
Xilo The Odd

it's xilo, it is impossible to have a proper discussion with him as he will pretend he was arguing something different with every post
BUT IM TELLING YOU IT BAKES COOKIES RIGHT ON THE CPU WHILE YOU BROWSE THE WEB!  

Xilo The Odd

You Silly Wanker

6,000 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:29 pm
I hope this system supports past games like with the wii and gamecube games. That would just be heaven for a guy like me.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff