Welcome to Gaia! ::

A Crafter's Guild

Back to Guilds

A place to showcase your creations, get inspiration, ask and/or answer questions, and just have fun! 

Tags: Crafting, Beading, Drawing, Jewelry, Photography 

Reply Welcome to A Crafter's Guild
Hello and Welcome! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hardcore Uvula

Eloquent Gekko

29,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:18 pm
Emm-Kaye
Hardcore Uvula
Lessee...

I do crochet, beading, drawin', and now tatting! Just started that one today. I'm super excited. And I have a class in tatting coming up not this week but next week! Wooo!!

=D

No pictures. All mys stuff I give to people, and I never thought to take pictures. I guess I could show some drawings, but I'm not very good. x.x

I've tried tatting - it's fun, but complex. Not really hard, just takes a while to get the hang of it wink

Yeah? That's good to hear. I thought I was being lame. I'm having a hard time getting past my second loop. X3  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:21 pm
Hardcore Uvula
Emm-Kaye
Hardcore Uvula
Lessee...

I do crochet, beading, drawin', and now tatting! Just started that one today. I'm super excited. And I have a class in tatting coming up not this week but next week! Wooo!!

=D

No pictures. All mys stuff I give to people, and I never thought to take pictures. I guess I could show some drawings, but I'm not very good. x.x

I've tried tatting - it's fun, but complex. Not really hard, just takes a while to get the hang of it wink

Yeah? That's good to hear. I thought I was being lame. I'm having a hard time getting past my second loop. X3

Sadly, I rarely get past a row of picots before i mess up & give up redface Keep thinking i"ll do a butterfly or something like that, and can't figure out how! I do keep trying (off & on).  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Hardcore Uvula

Eloquent Gekko

29,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:50 pm
Emm-Kaye
Hardcore Uvula
Emm-Kaye
Hardcore Uvula
Lessee...

=D

Sadly, I rarely get past a row of picots before i mess up & give up redface Keep thinking i"ll do a butterfly or something like that, and can't figure out how! I do keep trying (off & on).

I'm glad I'm not the only one having trouble. This is very tricky. I'm taking a break. My finger hurts from all the needling. I really should finish the scarf for my boyfriend (crochet). His birthday is in June and I'm no where near close!  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 5:54 pm
Hardcore Uvula
Emm-Kaye
Hardcore Uvula
Emm-Kaye
Hardcore Uvula
Lessee...

=D

I'm glad I'm not the only one having trouble. This is very tricky. I'm taking a break. My finger hurts from all the needling. I really should finish the scarf for my boyfriend (crochet). His birthday is in June and I'm no where near close!

The class should help - I normally try to teach myself stuff, and sometimes that's the hard way to learn.
Good luck with the scarf - I'm working on an afghan for my bed - if the cats would quit "helping" I'd be a lot farther!  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Hardcore Uvula

Eloquent Gekko

29,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:01 pm
Emm-Kaye
Hardcore Uvula
Emm-Kaye
Hardcore Uvula
Emm-Kaye
Hardcore Uvula
Lessee...

=D

The class should help - I normally try to teach myself stuff, and sometimes that's the hard way to learn.
Good luck with the scarf - I'm working on an afghan for my bed - if the cats would quit "helping" I'd be a lot farther!

Haha. I know a cat can be a great help in any project!  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:08 pm
Hardcore Uvula

Of course. Mine either have to try sit in my lap (on top of whatever I'm doing), or eat/attack the yarn.  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Hardcore Uvula

Eloquent Gekko

29,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:34 pm
Emm-Kaye
Hardcore Uvula

Of course. Mine either have to try sit in my lap (on top of whatever I'm doing), or eat/attack the yarn.

I try to keep my work outside of the main house and in my room. The kittens haven't been introduced yo yarn yet, but I know they would love it. They attack every other dangling thing, anyways.  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:37 pm
Hardcore Uvula
Emm-Kaye
Hardcore Uvula

I try to keep my work outside of the main house and in my room. The kittens haven't been introduced yo yarn yet, but I know they would love it. They attack every other dangling thing, anyways.

I used to keep mine in boxes in my bedroom - crazy cats figured out how to open boxes. Just dig long enough & it pops open, then it's play time! Have come home more than once to yarn all around the house. Still haven't figured out how they wrapped it (twice!) around the couch tho...  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Hardcore Uvula

Eloquent Gekko

29,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:46 pm
Emm-Kaye
Hardcore Uvula
Emm-Kaye
Hardcore Uvula

I used to keep mine in boxes in my bedroom - crazy cats figured out how to open boxes. Just dig long enough & it pops open, then it's play time! Have come home more than once to yarn all around the house. Still haven't figured out how they wrapped it (twice!) around the couch tho...

Wow.  
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 6:49 pm
Hardcore Uvula

Wow.

Yeah. Had to buy a yarn winder, just so I could wind it all back up easily. After unwinding it from wherever they took it.

The good news - I love the yarn winder. Makes any skein into a pull skein.  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Hardcore Uvula

Eloquent Gekko

29,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2011 7:52 pm
Emm-Kaye
Hardcore Uvula

Wow.

Yeah. Had to buy a yarn winder, just so I could wind it all back up easily. After unwinding it from wherever they took it.

Yeah? How much did it cost you?  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:11 pm
Hardcore Uvula
Emm-Kaye
Hardcore Uvula

Wow.

About $10. Got it at a yarn store, but i've since seen them in like Hobby Lobby or Michael's also.  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Hardcore Uvula

Eloquent Gekko

29,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:27 pm
Emm-Kaye
Hardcore Uvula
Emm-Kaye
Hardcore Uvula

Wow.

About $10. Got it at a yarn store, but i've since seen them in like Hobby Lobby or Michael's also.

Only $10? That seems like a great deal for something so useful!  
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 3:30 pm
Hardcore Uvula
Emm-Kaye
Hardcore Uvula
Emm-Kaye
Hardcore Uvula

Wow.

Only problems I have with it - if you wind too fast, it kinda burns your fingers holding the yarn...and, the cats are fascinated by it as well.  

Emm-Kaye
Captain

Hardcore Uvula

Eloquent Gekko

29,175 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 5:20 pm
Emm-Kaye
Hardcore Uvula
Emm-Kaye
Hardcore Uvula
Emm-Kaye
Hardcore Uvula

Wow.

Only problems I have with it - if you wind too fast, it kinda burns your fingers holding the yarn...and, the cats are fascinated by it as well.

Youch about the fingers. Rope burn. Bleh.

I'm making progress. This is what I've accomplished so far... After many tries.  
Welcome to A Crafter's Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff