Reply The Doctor Who Guild
Day of the Moon Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maeko-Hana

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 12:37 am
Well, excluding the ones that snapped Bob's neck, and the other Clerics. sweatdrop xd

And no apologies for writing a lot, just means you're passionate. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 4:23 am
Ricwulf
madziee
Miss Marinara Sauce
wahmbulance SPOILERS wahmbulance

I didn't like this episode as much as the first one, it just left too many questions. And the HELL was with the little girl regenerating?! She's probably the Doctor's daughter (Jenny, perhaps?), but Amy's? I just can't see Amy doing that to Rory.

Also, I'm sure the Silence will be back; they went down way too easily. But I liked how they were defeated! The concept behind them is just way too cool to be a one-off monster.

Loved Canton's little, "Yes, HE is" thing. xd And the whole thing with Nixon being remembered. "Say hello to David Frost for me."

One last thing: what was with the woman in the door at the orphanage? The one who looked through the hatch in the door to the little girl's room and said, "No, I think she's just dreaming." She kind of looked like River with a metal eyepatch, and she sounded like Cassandra. I have a feeling she'll come up later, and all the other stuff in the episode was distracting us from that...

I HAVE ANSWERS (Highlight to read the spoilers)

Little Girl:
The little girl is Amy's daughter, A.K.A, Riversong!

Woman:
The woman will appear in episodes 3 7 and 8, and is called Madame Korvarian, and Amy kills her in an abandoned timeline

Sources:
http://doctorwhospoilers.com/2011/2011/04/the-companions-daughter-2/
http://doctorwhospoilers.com/2011/

I'm just gonna put this whole thing in white, so yeah.

I think that we all picked up the child is Amy's daughter, or in some way a child that is involved in her life(The picture of Amy holding a child, surrounded by other pictures of the little girl(Just cause Amy was holding her, doesn't make her the mother)).
As for River being the little girl and Amy being her mother, I have to say that is a little far-fetched. There would have to be too many oddities for it to work. For one, Amy would have to be a Time Lady, or the father be a Time Lord. Secondly, River has no memory or knowledge of being a Time Lady, and I highly doubt that she would use a chameleon arc, a Time Lord/Lady would only do so to avoid detection, not for the sheer fun of it.
River has also told us that when she first met the Doctor, he knew everything about her. If she was Amy's child, that would mean the Doctor would have met her at birth, and therefore River would have known him all her life, and the chances of Amy abandoning a child at all, let alone on an alien world is just out of the question.
As for a meta-crisis child, I doubt it. You would need a part of a Time Lord/Lady to regenerate, and then for the child to touch the part to trigger a full regeneration, which I doubt will happen.

I'm sorry, but there are two things that I can state after reading that post.
One: That is a little too far-fetched, even for Doctor Who!
Two: It looks like the site you got your information from, is more of a site that is brainstorming on what could happen. Sorry, but I'm not gonna believe that site, but will look into it, keeping an open mind to the ideas and evaluation how plausable they are.

Oh, and the part about the woman, we don't know enough, so that could be true. And her name could be very true, it is known that Doctor Who has leaked names before, whether on purpose or not, I don't know, but it has happened.

That was alot of typing.

Allow me to counter-argue, sir? smile
Well, the first time the doctor met Riversong, she died. He's already met her. It'd be the first time she met him, which is entirely plausible, the doctor could know all about her by the time the child is born. The child may not have regenerated. It didn't show a full regeneration. Maybe due to Amy's pregnancy being on board the tardis, then the child could have some kind of use of time energy which it can use to heal.The way that soon after regeneration, the doctor can grow whole new limbs etc. And who's to say the child is anything to do with Rory? What if it is in fact the silence, which is why they said 'your part may soon be over'. The doctor is shown being concerned with the nature of her pregnancy, because he's owrried that something may have affected it? The website receives its information from on set workers who overhear things and drop small hints to them. And the speculation is only over the identity of the child, if you read the post, they are CERTAIN that riversong is Amy's daughter... And, they've been right with the majority of their specualtions before now too, so I'd trust it.  

madziee

Enduring Lover

Ricwulf

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 2:47 am
madziee
Ricwulf
madziee
Miss Marinara Sauce

I didn't like this episode as much as the first one, it just left too many questions. And the HELL was with the little girl regenerating?! She's probably the Doctor's daughter (Jenny, perhaps?), but Amy's? I just can't see Amy doing that to Rory.

Also, I'm sure the Silence will be back; they went down way too easily. But I liked how they were defeated! The concept behind them is just way too cool to be a one-off monster.

Loved Canton's little, "Yes, HE is" thing. xd And the whole thing with Nixon being remembered. "Say hello to David Frost for me."

One last thing: what was with the woman in the door at the orphanage? The one who looked through the hatch in the door to the little girl's room and said, "No, I think she's just dreaming." She kind of looked like River with a metal eyepatch, and she sounded like Cassandra. I have a feeling she'll come up later, and all the other stuff in the episode was distracting us from that...

Little Girl:

Woman:
The woman will appear in episodes 3 7 and 8, and is called Madame Korvarian, and Amy kills her in an abandoned timeline

Sources:

I think that we all picked up the child is Amy's daughter, or in some way a child that is involved in her life(The picture of Amy holding a child, surrounded by other pictures of the little girl(Just cause Amy was holding her, doesn't make her the mother)).
As for River being the little girl and Amy being her mother, I have to say that is a little far-fetched. There would have to be too many oddities for it to work. For one, Amy would have to be a Time Lady, or the father be a Time Lord. Secondly, River has no memory or knowledge of being a Time Lady, and I highly doubt that she would use a chameleon arc, a Time Lord/Lady would only do so to avoid detection, not for the sheer fun of it.
River has also told us that when she first met the Doctor, he knew everything about her. If she was Amy's child, that would mean the Doctor would have met her at birth, and therefore River would have known him all her life, and the chances of Amy abandoning a child at all, let alone on an alien world is just out of the question.
As for a meta-crisis child, I doubt it. You would need a part of a Time Lord/Lady to regenerate, and then for the child to touch the part to trigger a full regeneration, which I doubt will happen.

Two: It looks like the site you got your information from, is more of a site that is brainstorming on what could happen. Sorry, but I'm not gonna believe that site, but will look into it, keeping an open mind to the ideas and evaluation how plausable they are.

Oh, and the part about the woman, we don't know enough, so that could be true. And her name could be very true, it is known that Doctor Who has leaked names before, whether on purpose or not, I don't know, but it has happened.

That was alot of typing.

Well, the first time the doctor met Riversong, she died. He's already met her. It'd be the first time she met him, which is entirely plausible, the doctor could know all about her by the time the child is born. The child may not have regenerated. It didn't show a full regeneration. Maybe due to Amy's pregnancy being on board the tardis, then the child could have some kind of use of time energy which it can use to heal.The way that soon after regeneration, the doctor can grow whole new limbs etc. And who's to say the child is anything to do with Rory? What if it is in fact the silence, which is why they said 'your part may soon be over'. The doctor is shown being concerned with the nature of her pregnancy, because he's owrried that something may have affected it? The website receives its information from on set workers who overhear things and drop small hints to them. And the speculation is only over the identity of the child, if you read the post, they are CERTAIN that riversong is Amy's daughter... And, they've been right with the majority of their specualtions before now too, so I'd trust it.

Reply: I'm sorry, but if it turns out that River is Amy's daughter, it just is no fun at all. It will make Doctor Who feel like, at least to me it will feel like, it is a day-time drama show.
Call me stubourn, but I'm not gonna buy that. The more I've watched of Moffat's work, the more I'm thinking that he is good at only one thing: One off episodes that don't relate to the end plot. Sorry, it isn't Matt Smith, it is the writing.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 8:54 am
Ricwulf
madziee
Ricwulf
madziee
Miss Marinara Sauce

Little Girl:

Woman:

Sources:

That was alot of typing.

Reply: I'm sorry, but if it turns out that River is Amy's daughter, it just is no fun at all. It will make Doctor Who feel like, at least to me it will feel like, it is a day-time drama show.
Call me stubourn, but I'm not gonna buy that. The more I've watched of Moffat's work, the more I'm thinking that he is good at only one thing: One off episodes that don't relate to the end plot. Sorry, it isn't Matt Smith, it is the writing.

Hate to say I told you so, but...  

madziee

Enduring Lover

Miss Marinara Sauce

Dapper Dabbler

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:05 pm
madziee
Ricwulf
madziee
Ricwulf
madziee
Miss Marinara Sauce

Little Girl:

Woman:

Sources:

That was alot of typing.

Nice. xd I'd kind of suspected it, but then I was like, nah... Now I feel kinda smart!  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:41 am
madziee
Ricwulf
madziee
Ricwulf
madziee
Miss Marinara Sauce

Little Girl:

Woman:

Sources:

That was alot of typing.

Hahahaha, you deffinately earnt that "I told you so", but even so, I don't like it, I accept it, but I don't like it.  

Ricwulf

The Doctor Who Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces