All aboard the E3 hype train! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Trenn Flashkill
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 4:08 pm
I would be real impressed if they did that, but it doesn't sound like something they would do. I want them to prove me wrong.  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:02 pm
Half Life 2 Episode 3? emo

But yeah, I'm most excited for Project Cafe. I still haven't jumped on the 3DS train, although I would like to.
New console Paper Mario? That'd be fantastic.  

LifelessFawkes

Kizadek

Beloved Lunatic

9,325 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2011 8:28 pm
I really Really Really want more info for Star Wars the Old republic to come out!
I need more information!
-Release Date
-Price
-species
-more gameplay videos
-open Beta
-MindGasm!!!!!

Seriously would make my day!

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 2:16 am
Trenn Flashkill
I would be real impressed if they did that, but it doesn't sound like something they would do. I want them to prove me wrong.
The Nintendo Channel had E3 videos up the day of their conference last year, I think. I could see it happening. Man, that'd be rad. They're going to have 3D footage of retail games on there anyway, so why not during E3?

If they went all out and had demos... God, I would c**. I would just c**.

LifelessFawkes

But yeah, I'm most excited for Project Cafe. I still haven't jumped on the 3DS train, although I would like to.
Valve already said they won't have any announcements at this E3, sadly.

The 3DS is getting the new Paper Mario, which is pretty sweet. That's not really a franchise I imagine getting a lot out of being on an HD console, but I can see some neat stuff with the 3D in a game like that. 3DS is going to really hit it out of the park this year.  

Meta_Fish
Captain

J of The Wind

Shirtless Phantom

9,975 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 6:18 am
FFFF- I'm gonna miss it this year. crying

I wan't to hear about this new console damnit!

And depending on the quality of this 3DS update, I may have to take up prostitution to finally buy this thing. xd  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 12:37 pm
Meta_Fish
Trenn Flashkill
The Nintendo Channel had E3 videos up the day of their conference last year, I think. I could see it happening. Man, that'd be rad. They're going to have 3D footage of retail games on there anyway, so why not during E3?

If they went all out and had demos... God, I would c**. I would just c**.

LifelessFawkes

Valve already said they won't have any announcements at this E3, sadly.

The 3DS is getting the new Paper Mario, which is pretty sweet. That's not really a franchise I imagine getting a lot out of being on an HD console, but I can see some neat stuff with the 3D in a game like that. 3DS is going to really hit it out of the park this year.

Yeah, thats why I put the sad face thing lol

And I'm definitely excited for the new Paper Mario, as it's one of my longtime favorites of the Mario series. I think the 3DS is gonna be good for it.  

LifelessFawkes

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 5:36 pm
Anyone know how to check the specific times of each conference? Or where to watch them all? I'm a noob at this. Just barely managed to watch Nintendo's conference last year for the first time.  
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2011 6:01 pm
Jaycorn
Anyone know how to check the specific times of each conference? Or where to watch them all? I'm a noob at this. Just barely managed to watch Nintendo's conference last year for the first time.
Nintendo's is at nine AM PDT, so I think that's noon your time? Not sure about the others, Sony's is usually after Nintendo's, I think? And Microsoft's is a day before? They might change it up, I don't know. Nintendo's site has a page for the stream.

Also, I have the day off. I'll be on Skype, everyone!  

Meta_Fish
Captain

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 1:43 pm
E3 update's probably going to be the shop (with built in videos instead of a Nintendo channel this time?) and maybe some other surprises. I kind of expect demos at some point in this thing's life, but they may not necessarily be at the eShop's launch.

Was Netflix already confirmed to come with this update too?

I wonder what Project Cafe games will be shown first. Just about any prediction is a complete guess, but here's my three anyway:

Mario
Smash Brothers
Zelda, Metroid, maybe even a proper console Kid Icarus? (not as positive about these three since I'm not going to count a Skyward Sword port)

And here's my Project Cafe predictions for Capcom, if they are even making anything:

Monster Hunter
Resident Evil 6 (alongside the PS3 and 360 versions)
Okami 2? There was a pretty good setup for it at the ending of Okamiden, so I'm more hopeful than I'd usually be for it.

I also expect ports seeing as that's easy launch material. Probably a port of one of their two big fighting games (MvC3 or SFIV with all the new DLC) and maybe RE5.  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 4:33 pm
I forget how long one conference would be. A couple hours?  

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 10:04 pm
Waynebrizzle
E3 update's probably going to be the shop (with built in videos instead of a Nintendo channel this time?) and maybe some other surprises. I kind of expect demos at some point in this thing's life, but they may not necessarily be at the eShop's launch.
I expect videos. Last year they had E3 videos up the morning of the conference. Could you watch it there, too? I don't recall. I think videos will be on the eShop, which is a lot better than going to another channel for that stuff. Demos would be awesome, and with MML3PV, I'm hoping it's more of a reality than we've been anticipating. That would help explain the week delay, too, so I'm crossing my fingers.

Waynebrizzle
Was Netflix already confirmed to come with this update too?
I don't think they've announced a date for it, but that image they had up for the update had it on it, as well as a bunch of DSi and the announced GB/GBC games, so I'm thinking it might be there.

Waynebrizzle
I wonder what Project Cafe games will be shown first. Just about any prediction is a complete guess, but here's my three anyway:

Mario
Smash Brothers
Zelda, Metroid, maybe even a proper console Kid Icarus? (not as positive about these three since I'm not going to count a Skyward Sword port)

And here's my Project Cafe predictions for Capcom, if they are even making anything:

Monster Hunter
Resident Evil 6 (alongside the PS3 and 360 versions)
Okami 2? There was a pretty good setup for it at the ending of Okamiden, so I'm more hopeful than I'd usually be for it.

I also expect ports seeing as that's easy launch material. Probably a port of one of their two big fighting games (MvC3 or SFIV with all the new DLC) and maybe RE5.
I'd be glad to see any of those games. We've seen two Zelda games at once, but I don't think two console Zeldas would make a ton of sense. Maybe Cafe will get Skyward Sword HD and still use Wii Remote Plus and nunchuk. Mario is possible, but I think Nintendo might back off a bit for having their games at its launch, to give third parties yet another chance to succeed. Ports are likely, though I'm having trouble picking which ones we might be getting. Smash Brothers? Possibly, but I think they would wait for that, too. It would be kind of neat in HD, though.

I see Metroid being pretty likely, and series like Kirby probably not be. Nintendo would want games that look great in HD, to really show it off, so I think Zelda is a decent bet, as well as maybe a new Starfox and possibly F-Zero. Pikmin is a definite show at this year's E3, and I think that would be more likely to hit Cafe than 3DS.

Jaycorn
I forget how long one conference would be. A couple hours?
They're generally one hour, but sometimes are two, if the company has a lot to show. Nintendo's was two for I believe the first time, last year, and this year, I don't see how they could shorten it up to one, though a lot of the time last year was allotted to letting people attending to try out the 3DS.

I really can't wait to see Reggie get on stage and to look at our 3DSes, as they've just been updated using SpotPass.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:07 am
If Metroid's shown, there's going to be a big question of who's making it. Team Ninja's probably not touching it after the backlash from Other M, and Retro's probably working on something we'll never be able to guess, if not a sequel to DKCR (though I kind of hope not. I hope they're working on something completely ridiculous to show off Cafe's power).

And I'm not saying these are launch titles. I'm just saying they're going to be the games showcased. That's a lot different from launch titles, which are probably going to be pretty lackluster and not good for showing off. Imagine if Nintendo had shown Pilotwings Resort instead of Kid Icarus when they first introduced the 3DS.

I don't really expect to see F Zero. At all. Starfox is a lot more likely, but F Zero's not the kind of game I would show off with a new console. Only the really small group of people that like F Zero would care. Basically, I will shove a sock down my throat if I'm wrong and F Zero is suddenly Cafe's flagship title.  

Waynebrizzle

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:13 am
And to cover my a** a little, it has to be given special mention, personally introduced by a Nintendo big wig and with some epic trailer. That would probably qualify it as a flagship title, and I will then shove a sock in my mouth.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:29 am
is there ever any like, win a trip to e3 for you and 4 friends contests or anything? if so i never hear about em and it'd be nice if one of us won.

cult E3 cast special. we'd setup a live stream and everything.  

Xilo The Odd

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:22 am
Oh yeah, I agree, launch titles are a lot different, and I'm sure they'll have great games to show off. They might hold back just a little with their showing to get people excited about third party games. When they showed off the 3DS everyone just got excited for their games, and not much else. Hopefully they're more outgoing for Cafe, and willing to really handjob third parties.

Metroid would be possible, but I think Samus might get a break after Other M. It would be third person or first person, and first person would make it a new Prime game, while third person would make it likely like Other M. I think Nintendo might want to hold off and regroup what makes Metroid really Metroid before they pump out another game.

Donkey Kong I think is somewhat likely. DKCR was successful, but I don't think I'd be super thrilled about a sequel just being in HD. I'd actually rather a 3D DK game than a sidescroller, if it's going to Cafe. Still, we might get another DKCR for the Wii, as a final bang.

F-Zero is somewhat likely. It doesn't have the following of say, Mario, Zelda, or Metroid, but a lot of people like it, and a lot of people like Captain Falcon. There could be third person parts where you walk around futuristic cities and talk to people to get in races and bet and stuff, and it would be an awesome game for HD. GX looked absolutely incredible, and a lot of people like Captain Falcon. Plus, it would give the bitchers less to complain about, since F-Zero, Starfox and Pikmin are about all we really didn't get on the Wii. I'd kind of like to see one on the 3DS though, because GX with 3D would be sick. I'd GET sick.

Still, I think Starfox is one of the safest bets, along with Pikmin.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff