Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Atheists United

Back to Guilds

A safe and friendly place for Atheists to be themselves. 

Tags: Atheism, Theology, Philosophy, Science, Logic 

Reply The Main Discussion Place
A Rather Interesting Conversation with My Cousin Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Exorcise the demon!
  *smack*
  Yeah... Uh... >.>
  *clears throat* Just give me the gold and shut up.
View Results

Muaethia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 12:47 pm
Poor girl. I feel very sorry for her, that she thinks you will go to hell and be parted from her...

But why can't she realise that she can't change you?

And why is she copying and pasting things she doesn't understand?

How old is she, by the way? She could do with a few spelling and grammar lessons, too.

If she's still upset by it all, tell her that even if you did get to heaven with her, convert to christianity (which you won't), then it would be so big you two could never find each other anyway mrgreen

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:50 pm
Can anybody say...emo? Being depressed is such a waste of time. I have better things to do than wallow in the differences between what I percieve and what I wish I was percieving.

To be fair, I know nothing of her or the tone of the conversation. That said, I think that a few times you could have been silent and let her type out her ideas without interruption. Then, pounce on them one by one and shred them to little bits like a rabid dog foaming at the mouth with scientific truth. twisted

About the renderings of embryos, the embryos of most vertebrates resemble each other at some stage of development. For example, they all start as a few cells, and then become a hollow sphere called a blastocyst. Humans have several things--like throat slits and a tail--at one of the early stages in our development that have no purpose for us. The only logical explanation is that they are genetic throwbacks to a predecessor. (Or, of course, maybe God is just playing jokes with us.)

As to the flagellum, there are two explanations. First, and most likely, it started off as something completely different, gradually increasing in complexity and the parts being added one by one until they were all interdependent. Or, less likely but still plausible, all the parts evolved simultaneously, or within a few generations.

Tell her to put that in her pipe and smoke it! cool

PickleBoy
And yes, it is irritating. She herself lives in GA. I get to spend five lovely days with her during my spring break... *sigh*

As I live there, I can say with some authority it is the worst state of them all. (It's 50th in SAT scores...no joke.)

(P.S.: I agree with your username.)  

DivideByZero14

PickleBoy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 8:22 pm
I only interrupter her, Divide, because she had told me the same exact thing about a month previous when I had seen her for our family new years get together thingy. And I know for a fact she wouldn't have listened to me even if I did use science. Shes... er... a person who takes the bible literally. Its scary, really. And yeah, Diggory is so way hotter than Potter. But I have to go cry now, for he must be grieved for at least once a day. cry

And Mua, she's sixteen. And yes, she could do with quite a few lessons. Shes homeschooled and I don't know exactly how they go about teaching so... *shrugs*  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:43 am
PickleBoy
I only interrupter her, Divide, because she had told me the same exact thing about a month previous when I had seen her for our family new years get together thingy. And I know for a fact she wouldn't have listened to me even if I did use science. Shes... er... a person who takes the bible literally. Its scary, really. And yeah, Diggory is so way hotter than Potter. But I have to go cry now, for he must be grieved for at least once a day. cry

And Mua, she's sixteen. And yes, she could do with quite a few lessons. Shes homeschooled and I don't know exactly how they go about teaching so... *shrugs*

Damn...she is in a sorry situation.  

DivideByZero14

HaileSelassie601993

PostPosted: Sun Apr 16, 2006 6:29 pm
I feel quite sorry for her. But if she keeps pushing the same points, then she obviously does not realize that you will not change your beliefs because of these arguments of hers.  
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 2:50 pm
To my knowledge, I'm the only Atheist/Agnostic in my family.
Everybody else is all, "Yay. We're going to do this but have no real reason for doing it. Just because it's tradition and it's what we're told to do!"  

FalseDiagnosis

PickleBoy

PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 6:05 pm
xd Traditions are fun. Like... going to Barnes and Noble every saturday night and then einsteins bagles in the morning. *coo*

.... I must go be a fat kid and eat now. *waddles off* blaugh  
The Main Discussion Place

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces