[FIN] Driven to Sentimentality Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:34 pm
"Typically that is exactly what it translates to." Xander agreed. He was silent for a moment when she talked about the freedom she had liked. He took a small breath then clasped his hands behind his back and started to lightly rock on his heels like a child. "It's true that the freedom that comes from being a regular trainer is something that is rather liberating, especially if you had little freedom before you become one."

"But then after a few years of said freedom I found my self a little to aimless. Pokemon badges are all well and good if you travel to other regions, same with challenging leagues. But in a region that doesn't have them and when your aren't willing to travel to another region for too long, it becomes rather boring." He said thoughtful, staring up at the roof of the elevator. He then blinked and looked back at Tambrey and stopped rocking. "Sorry, didn't mean to ramble a bit there." he laughed. "And that is an excellent way of describing her."

Xander then dipped his head slightly. "I'm sorry. I understand that some parents are like that but still." He said with a sympathetic tone. Sure it was understandable that people wouldn't want to have ties to Team Rocket but at the same time, he would hope family would at least harbor a wish to change things instead of giving up. Of course if he thought on it for too long he would realize that wasn't a good thing for them to wish with this organization.

(OTL Sorry Gwen, muse went off on me and completely did it's own thing. Let me know if it make sense/needs changing)  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:43 am
"Hm. That's true."
She referred to the objections that Xander had brought up as she turned them over and examined them within her own mind. A lack of league badges and all did turn a travelling journey into a kind of a fruitless exercise to someone trying to become a serious competitive pokemon trainer. For herself, she doubted it would have bothered her. Travelling around the region, seeing and studying various pokemon, experiencing other cultures and lives... It was something that would surely build confidence, skill and provide some wonderful education about a lot of topics; then again, Tambrey could never really strike anyone as wanting to be a competitive trainer.
"I guess the journey's just not worth as much to some without the opportunity f'r badges and things... Can't say I've ever really... y'know... thought about going on a journey for that sort o' thing anyway... Just liked the idea of travelling and meeting new pokemon, maybe studying them..." Plus perhaps visiting places where contests happened, though she held that back from actual vocalization. Although, anyone who'd caught her in time off might well have noticed her preference for turning to those on the television.

"Oh, don' worry about it... I love my Mum, and I don't blame that sort of reaction... 's just this was the best chance I had f'r anything at the time. Th'university," She shook her head a little "was not the best time of my life at all. I'd rather she didn't know about that and I certainly don't want her knowing about where I really am now."

She paused when the elevator halted and the doors opened, and then resumed upon exiting the lift.
"I do think you're kind o' lucky, honestly, to have someone who would do such for you," it would be nice to have anyone who'd actually do that, to be honest, let alone a parent, she thought "but I'm glad to think that mine would not... The less she has anything t' do with this, the better..."
The dark-haired grunt shrugged just slightly.
"I really do miss her though... Her and her Ratta'- even miss the noise of him chewing everything."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:36 pm
"Traveling and studying them is fun I agree." Xander nodded with a smile. "After all there really is nothing quite like it." But just doing that would have been boring with no definite goals in mind. Sure you could go into the pokemon researcher field or photography, sometimes trainers become tour guides and so on. None of those appealed to him when he had been a trainer though and he wondered if any had appealed to Tambrey.

"Completely understandable." Even if they weren't in Team Rocket, parents didn't need to know everything anyway. He walked with her once the elevator stopped, both of them heading for the garage. It shouldn't take too long to sign a car out as well so it wouldn't be long before they could leave. "You can still visit her you know. Nothing is really stopping you from that."  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 7:07 am
"Nothing like it at all..." Tambrey agreed, though, of course, she -was- including the idea of pokemon research, and photography with it. Travel was an adventure; new things to try, people and pokemon to meet... Travel with a purpose like research though, would turn the adventure into more of an accomplishment, she was sure.
It was one of the things that, as a member of Team Rocket, she often wondered if she was missing out on; of course, she was aware that in reality, such adventures were actually less than that.
Research trips meant long periods of times rewriting notes into readable reports and theories- long amounts of time spent sitting at a desk, writing technical things... Seeking out funding... Doing things to other people's specifications.
Such revelations made the inescapable nature of the organization temporarily easier to cope with.

Xander had hit on another touchy subject, however.
"She'd like it if I were t' visit more," Tambrey admitted "But I'm afraid that something will... give me away. Or she'll know something somehow. Something'll be or go wrong. I know I'll have to come up with something new soon- another lie- and... they're easier to do when 's over the phone. Lying to her face... 's just not... I hate doing that, but she wouldn't understand this."
A gesture as they made their way toward the vehicles was designed to give the impression of encompassing the idea structure; a hand-wave that she intended, somehow, to refer to the entire organization. Well, signs of it were never far away.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:29 pm
Xander nodded as he listened to show he understood. "Well you could say that you transferred to another university in a different region if you don't want her coming to the Uni looking for you." He offered. "Or that you were chosen for a special job that is secret for now but you can continue your schooling there."

As they talked they moved over to where some forms were on a table to fill out so they could take one of the cars. Xander scooped one up and started to fill it out. "Then you could say you couldn't talk about it when or if you decide to visit."  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:56 pm
"Now, see... I /did/ think about telling her just that! That I... had transferred to a different region. I am -still- thinking about doing that, but... that -removes- the opportunity to visit whenever I want..." Tambrey tried to explain. "I guess this sounds odd now, given I jus' told you I visit less, but with a lie like that I'd... remove the freedom; I'd -have- to think about timing and what was realistic for being in another region..." She sighed. "I know; it's a pointless argument. I -may as well- already be in another region wi' the visiting I do..."

She considered the other point while Xander filled out the form, waiting for the pen, as she was sure she'd have to sign something too.

"I guess... That other idea kind of works. Research-study trip..." She mused.
"Hey, can I ask, when did you last see, or speak, to your mother? I guess that's prying, sorry... 's just. I'm curious now."  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:47 pm
"Hmm that's true. Ultimately it's up to you what you want to try there of course." Xander said as he finished then held the paper and pen out to her. "Just sign here and here since I'm going to be letting you drive a bit." He said with a smile. He leaned against the wall as he waited for her and thought about the answer to her question. "I talked to her on the phone a month ago and a few months ago I went home and visited them." He then laughed and shook her head. "She was on her training kick so I got stuck working out the entire time I was there."  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:57 am
"Well... That actually sounds kind o' fun?" Tambrey replied as she took the pen and read over the form, putting a signature of each part that he indicated she should. "I'd love to go and actually be allowed to do something useful when I go home. I mean, I help out anyway, but M'm kind of fusses. And it's always tidy, at least. Training with her 's no real fun; she gets distracted and lets me win."

She made to hand the form back and smiled. Getting a bit of driving practice was much appreciated; she looked forward to that as much as she had any reservations about someone else potentially seeing her panic.

"So. Training, hm; what exactly does your mother do?" The grunt asked, encouraged after her last question had been answered. She was curious; with a personality like that, she sounded like she'd do something interesting or important.  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:32 pm
"Sure it's fun for a while but tiring after doing it for hours and some of the training ideas she gets." Xander chuckled as he remembered that one time where his mom had the three of them running around town while her fighting types tossed rocks at them. "Well at least you get to spend time with her even if you aren't doing much. That's what matters right?"

He took the form and exchanged it for keys to a vehicle then lead Tambrey over to it. "She's mostly retired. You know about the fighting gym in Kanto? The one that doesn't give badges? She used to do that in another region, though she trained in the gym in Kanto." He said as he unlocked the car for them. "She still trains hence the mostly retired part, just it's us and the pokemon."  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 2:05 pm
"Yeah... Yep, that does matter," Tambrey admitted, agreeing with the point "It is definitely what matters, that we're spendin' time with each other even if 's a little infuriating sometimes." She thought about Xander's answer, then nodded slightly.
"It does sound tiring... Fun, but yes, I can see how so much 's a little bit of overkill there. Sounds like she's someone y' can really admire though. Her life must have been fascinating training in such places and... battling in a gym like that."

Tambrey climbed into the passenger side of the vehicle, once Xander had unlocked it, before continuing with her reply.
"I have to admit, I don't know much about that gym in Kanto, but I have heard of it; which was the region she had a gym in?"  

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:31 pm
Xander hopped into the driver seat and buckled up with a small grin. "From the stories she's told they yeah, it was exciting." There had been many stories from her as he grew up about what her life had been like, most of the time he had asked for them before bed time when he was little. He put the keys into the ignition as he shut his door, starting up the car.

"Her gym was in Johto. It wasn't well known or anything of course but it was a good place to train and possibly win some pokemon."  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 4:06 pm
"Huh. I've got some family in Johto." Tambrey remarked, upon hearing the location of the gym. "No one I've seen very much, if at all, but still... Maybe one of them knew of it. Was it in a city?" She shook her head, apparently she was full of questions today. "Sorry, 'm chatty today. You never got to see it though?"

The starting of the car was welcome; it was odd, perhaps, but the engine noise was somewhat pleasant, or maybe comforting; it'd had been that way since she was young, though she didn't understand it. So she let herself go quiet for a moment or two, listening for Xander's answer as well as enjoying the noise of the car after her seatbelt was on.
Her bag found a comfortable place upon her lap.

Gwennythe
Crew

Feral Nerd

Natsuko-neko

Unstoppable OTP

PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:37 pm
"It was more off on a route then in a city but they might have heard of it." Xander said with a shrug and a smile. "It's fine and no, I never got to see it. My parents moved out here before I was born and she handed over the gym to her top student not long after she married dad."

He looked over at Tambrey to see her start to relax and went quiet, letting the peaceful silence prevail for now. They had plenty of time to talk later, for now they both could just enjoy getting out and the scenery.  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff