Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Sailor Moon Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for those who love Sailor Moon. (Big Fourum RP needs more players). 

Tags: Sailor moon, Moon, Roleplay, Anime, Manga 

Reply Home
Usako? Usagi? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darkness Cake

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 3:30 pm
KariKaily
Serena-chan01
How come they call her "Buns" and "Bunny" in the manga's then??

Because "Usagi" means "Bunny". I'm pretty sure they use dub names in the manga(I'm not sure, because I've only read one volume), so they give her real name as "Serena" and nickname her "Bunny".

She's right...it's painful...

But yeah...Bunny is her nickname...*shudder*  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 4:19 pm
The nickname in the manga is bunny?! eek gonk

That's just awkward in your chest. crying Like changing most of the names but getting lazy at the last second.  

Twinkleh

Solar Kitty-chan

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 5:30 pm
But didn't they jsut flat out change her name to Bunny in the manga? I don't recall her ever being referred to as "Serena" in the English manga...  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 8:00 pm
Solar Kitty-chan
But didn't they jsut flat out change her name to Bunny in the manga? I don't recall her ever being referred to as "Serena" in the English manga...

they didn't. they NEVER called her "serena" in the manga...which is kinda dumb..why "bunny'?? ugh......i like usagi or usako better...but bunny? no!  

Shyao_Sorceress

Magnetic Reveler

5,350 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

Minnie001

5,475 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Consumer 100
PostPosted: Wed Nov 01, 2006 7:07 pm
in the japanese version its usagi!  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 10:27 am
Shyao_Sorceress
Solar Kitty-chan

they didn't. they NEVER called her "serena" in the manga...which is kinda dumb..why "bunny'?? ugh......i like usagi or usako better...but bunny? no!

ACTUALLY, no one called her Serena, but she does say her name IS Serena.

Please turn your attentions to page 3 of the Mixx manga of Sailor Moon number one. As she is rushed to get out of the house to get to school, there is a small box in the lower right hand corner of the first panel stating...

I'm Serena, but everyone called me "Bunny." I'm 14 and in the 8th Grade.

So although everyone called her Bunny (or in Darien's case Buns), her real name in the manga IS Serena.  

Darkness Cake

Rabbit-eyes

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:08 pm
I don't know for certain, but I was told that "ko" at the end of someone's name was a feminine version of "chan", similar to how "kun" is a male version of it.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 2:41 pm
Rabbit-eyes
I don't know for certain, but I was told that "ko" at the end of someone's name was a feminine version of "chan", similar to how "kun" is a male version of it.

Nope. -chan is usually used for close friends (either gender, thought mainly used for female friends).  

Darkness Cake

Samantha_Grey

8,400 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 11:38 am
I like Mamo-chan. It fits the whole dynamic of the relationship.  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2006 8:02 am
I like Usako (i wish Mamoru would've kept that name in the manga instead of Usa)  

User_8572

Lewa-chan

PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 6:17 am
I like Usako; I cant get used to Western names at all now, since Ive been watching the subbed version.

I wasnt aware of the -ko ending; but what about girl's names that already end in -ko, like a lot do? Fumiko, Yuriko, Michiko, what do their boyfriends call them?

*Wonders what the naming strategy is for gay/lesbian relationships*  
Home

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces