Welcome to Gaia! ::

Veni Vidi Vici

Back to Guilds

A poll guild for fun-lovers, RPers, craziness, and hippies. 

Tags: poll, games 

Reply Nothing's coming.
PS2 problem anyone !!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

THAT SUX !!!
  yep...
View Results

aamiller123

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 10:12 am
xwhateverxdudex
Oh.

It's just a re-release of the PSP, I get it.
Nope. It has two joysticks, and is all around better.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 11:54 am
Oh brother...

rolleyes
It's a glorified upgraded PSP, nothing more...

The only thing I'd want a PSP for...
is CRISIS CORE !!!
YEAH !!

Of course I'm still trying to get ehrgeiz for the PS1 V_V
Sence you get to play as sephiroth, as well as cloud. O_O  

xX Catgirl - Pierce Xx

aamiller321

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:37 pm
Of all the PS1 games out there, you pick one of the few worth money still. To hold you off I could let you borrow my copy of How the Grinch Stole Christmas. The gameplay seems similar xd  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 11:32 am
LOL, no thx.

It never seemed that interresting to me.  

xwhateverxdudex

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:29 pm
xwhateverxdudex
aamiller123
Rinioa
My PS3 will play PS1 games just fine. I DID NOT download anything to do so. Now, it WILL NOT play PS2 games though.

[ ... rinioa .... ]
Exactly. I didn't download any kind of software either, it could just pick up and play PS1 games.

I know for a fact that the SLIM PS3 does NOT contain ps1 or ps2 hardware.
(only the first PS3 release ever did)
Sounds to me like you 2 both have a SLIM ps3.
And that the slim PS3 comes with preinstalled emulator software for PS1 games but NOT PS2 games.

Now it's likely that they patched the software for following releases.
(AKA: slim models)
BUT the fact remains that it's still software.
And NOT a TRUE backwards compatable system.
(especially if it doesn't play PS2 games)

I understand what you are saying, but the way you & purple were making it sound was as if we had to PERSONALLY install something on our systems to make it play the older games. ...I was simply stating that we did not install anything, and that it played PS3 & PS1 games from the day we bought it. 3nodding 4laugh

And I saw the Vita, and you're right. It's nothing more than a glorified PSP. Yeah, it has a couple extra features but the only think that is even remotely interesting about it is that it has a touch-pad on the back of the system. It's interesting but just a novelty in my opinion. And Crisis Core is the reason my husband purchased the PSP to start out with. lmao, then he has really gotten into the Dissidia games as well. We actually only have like 5 PSP games. They are all Final Fantasy, and then Project Diva.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:13 am
Rinioa
xwhateverxdudex
aamiller123
Rinioa
My PS3 will play PS1 games just fine. I DID NOT download anything to do so. Now, it WILL NOT play PS2 games though.

[ ... rinioa .... ]
Exactly. I didn't download any kind of software either, it could just pick up and play PS1 games.

I know for a fact that the SLIM PS3 does NOT contain ps1 or ps2 hardware.
(only the first PS3 release ever did)
Sounds to me like you 2 both have a SLIM ps3.
And that the slim PS3 comes with preinstalled emulator software for PS1 games but NOT PS2 games.

Now it's likely that they patched the software for following releases.
(AKA: slim models)
BUT the fact remains that it's still software.
And NOT a TRUE backwards compatable system.
(especially if it doesn't play PS2 games)

I understand what you are saying, but the way you & purple were making it sound was as if we had to PERSONALLY install something on our systems to make it play the older games. ...I was simply stating that we did not install anything, and that it played PS3 & PS1 games from the day we bought it. 3nodding 4laugh

And I saw the Vita, and you're right. It's nothing more than a glorified PSP. Yeah, it has a couple extra features but the only think that is even remotely interesting about it is that it has a touch-pad on the back of the system. It's interesting but just a novelty in my opinion. And Crisis Core is the reason my husband purchased the PSP to start out with. lmao, then he has really gotten into the Dissidia games as well. We actually only have like 5 PSP games. They are all Final Fantasy, and then Project Diva.

Yeah I caught that.
That's why I added this line:
"slim PS3 comes with preinstalled emulator software for PS1 games"
Preinstalled means that sony installed it before shipping to the stores.
After all the SLIM ps3's are too thin to contain extra hardware.
But I still say emulators sux >.<

And yeah, I probably wouldn't get many games for a PSP if I did get one.
Heck I don't have many for my DS.
But yeah, I WANT "Project Diva" TOO !!! ^.^  

xwhateverxdudex

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 11:54 am
I don't mean to sound like I'm contradicting you or anything... but if our PS3 is a Slim, then I honestly don't want to see a full sized PS3. LMFAO! This thing is huge, imo. It's almost twice the size of our Wii. *falls over* But, for us it really doesn't matter much if it were "backwards compatible" or anything since we also have the PS2 hooked up in the bedroom.

We have more PS2 and Wii games than anything. I think we have about 10 games for our DS. I have a pink "lite" and Mike has a black "dsi" but I think we are going to try to sell them soon or something. I haven't touched mine in probably a good 6-months. I play the Wii more than anything.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 8:47 pm
Original vs. Slim:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File razz S3Versions.png

Not a humongous difference. The size difference is a lot more obvious between the original PS2 and its slim version.

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Rinioa

Sugary Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 5:32 am
Interesting. Yeah, there really doesn't look like -that- much difference. Mike said we have a Slim, but still... to me it looks huge. I mean, it's sitting next to a VCR & the Wii, and it's bigger than both...which to me is just odd. I'd imagine the VCR to be much bigger than a console game. xD!! I -know- we have a Slim PS2 because that thing is tiny. I can slip it into my purse. ROFLMAO.

x-x-x-x-x
Love Always, Rinioa x-x-x-x-x

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:45 am
The Wii is a tiny system anyway.  

aamiller321

xwhateverxdudex

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:44 pm
Rini: Say hello to the full sized PS3!
(thx purple) LOL

Most of my DS games are actually for GBA.
(sence mine is backwards compatable)

LOL, PS2 purse ^.^

Miller: Agreed 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:11 pm
Yes, the Wii is quite tiny. 3nodding *pokes it*  

purpleravenhawk
Captain

Moonracer
Vice Captain

Demonic Gatekeeper

50,640 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:29 pm
Yeah...I wish they'd re-release the PS3 that's backwards compatible with all Play Station games cause eventually you won't be able to find a PS2 and then you're just kind of screwed.

I have a PSP and I'm happy with it...though the batter life sucks so hard it's not even funny. I mean even when you turn the system off it is still draining your battery that's my only complaint about it. Yeah...oddly most of my games for the PSP are Final Fantasy...surprising since I haven't bought one of their games for the main console in a long while. I have both Dissida games, I have Crisis Core, Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep is AWESOME! I have a couple of others but not that big a collection yet, but I've got enough to keep me entertained.

Yeah, as for the PSP Vista...seriously...not that interesting.

It's right up there with the new Wii have you guy's seen that thing the Wii U?? I mean seriously!? Is that what the world of gaming is coming to? I swear these are my last consoles. *shakes head* So sad...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:37 pm
MR: agreed. That's what I'm fearing o_O

That's not odd, FF rocks ^.^
Hmm... I battery shouldn't do that.
Are you sure you don't have a defective model ??
I know all batteries lose juice over a period of time,
but if your saying it loses juice like it's still ON,
then that's a defect. Probably a bad battery,
or battery connector.

I thought it was vita...
Vista is that crapy windows OS.

LOL
I'll probably continue getting playstations.
What they need to do is release the "Playstation Cube"
All 3 consoles (hardware only) stacked in one box ^.^  

xwhateverxdudex

purpleravenhawk
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:42 pm
Wii U? I haven't seen that one. I just got my Wii a few months ago. xp  
Nothing's coming.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash