So River is...(big spoiler!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Maeko-Hana

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:31 pm
Jettrick
The doctor has River's crib though, right? How has he not realised this at least seven hundred years before the rest of us? :/

No, it's his crib. I think the close up of the Gallifreyan while she was telling him who she was was just a distraction, what she was actually showing him was the leaf, not the crib at all.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:15 pm
...Me!! Wow, glad that secrets out now! You have any idea how hard it is to lie to the doctor? I mean he is the doctor!  

The_Original_River_Song

Versatile Genius

6,100 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200

Ricwulf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:40 am
Maeko-Hana
Jettrick
The doctor has River's crib though, right? How has he not realised this at least seven hundred years before the rest of us? :/

No, it's his crib. I think the close up of the Gallifreyan while she was telling him who she was was just a distraction, what she was actually showing him was the leaf, not the crib at all.

Actually, you could see the Doctor lean back when zooming out from then and when zoomed back onto him he was looking down, showing that he was looking down at the Gallifreyan. I think we all know that it says most likely his actual name (I don't think his mum called him "The Doctor", now did she?)(Unless he repainted the name, but when did he have the opportunity?!).
Why looking at his own name revealed it, I don't know, but the thing that really gives it away is when River says "OH look, your cot. Haven't seen that in a long time have we!", which is obvious, she stayed in it.

But also, there is a problem with the cot anyway. One, how does the Doctor have it? He stole a TARDIS and left (Was later exiled, but anyway), I don't think that he would have taken his cot while stealing (sexy) the TARDIS.

Anyway, overall, it was interesting, and I love the Doctor's reaction to it all. "But hang on. We... " Too good XD.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:12 am
Ricwulf
Maeko-Hana
Jettrick

Actually, you could see the Doctor lean back when zooming out from then and when zoomed back onto him he was looking down, showing that he was looking down at the Gallifreyan. I think we all know that it says most likely his actual name (I don't think his mum called him "The Doctor", now did she?)(Unless he repainted the name, but when did he have the opportunity?!).
Why looking at his own name revealed it, I don't know, but the thing that really gives it away is when River says "OH look, your cot. Haven't seen that in a long time have we!", which is obvious, she stayed in it.

But also, there is a problem with the cot anyway. One, how does the Doctor have it? He stole a TARDIS and left (Was later exiled, but anyway), I don't think that he would have taken his cot while stealing (sexy) the TARDIS.

Anyway, overall, it was interesting, and I love the Doctor's reaction to it all. "But hang on. We... " Too good XD.

All of my previous joking aside, I agree. The fact that his cot is on his stolen TARDIS doesn't make much sense. My best guess is he perhaps returned to his planet and once while traveling, found it and kept it. But then the question would be why? Another guess I have, which I think it is more possible, is that perhaps the crib was never his...only modeled after his. And perhaps River says she hasn't seen it in a while, not only because she rested in it but their child has slept in it. I mean it's really not that hard to imagine if you think about it. River knows everything about the Doctor and the Doctor knows almost everything about River. They're extremely closer than the Doctor's been to anyone else. He's kissed her more than once. And she has her own sonic screwdriver which he gave to her. Perhaps as a wedding gift? You trully have to think about all these things when somethings so unusual and tricky is snuck in like that. There are few and many possiblities but that's my guess.  

The_Original_River_Song

Versatile Genius

6,100 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200

Ricwulf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 3:14 am
Kristalee di Upsilon
Ricwulf
Maeko-Hana
Jettrick

All of my previous joking aside, I agree. The fact that his cot is on his stolen TARDIS doesn't make much sense. My best guess is he perhaps returned to his planet and once while traveling, found it and kept it. But then the question would be why? Another guess I have, which I think it is more possible, is that perhaps the crib was never his...only modeled after his. And perhaps River says she hasn't seen it in a while, not only because she rested in it but their child has slept in it. I mean it's really not that hard to imagine if you think about it. River knows everything about the Doctor and the Doctor knows almost everything about River. They're extremely closer than the Doctor's been to anyone else. He's kissed her more than once. And she has her own sonic screwdriver which he gave to her. Perhaps as a wedding gift? You trully have to think about all these things when somethings so unusual and tricky is snuck in like that. There are few and many possiblities but that's my guess.

Actually, River tells the Doctor that the Sonic was given to her last time she saw him, as he knew that she was going to the library, where she would die. I think it was simply a gift that was to save her consciousness (Although, would she be able to be brought back? All the other people in the teleport were in the same data area thingy? But then again, those that were in there in the end were those who actually died. But something to wonder if it is possible, and if not, why?).

Anyway, we only know that River is, as far as we know, going out with the Doctor. Whether she is his wife or not, no one yet knows ('Cept Moffat, but anyway). Also, I doubt the Doctor would recreate his own crib, let alone have another child (NOT Jenny, but from the original series.(I dunno who it is, haven't watched it, but I know he has a grand daughter called Susan)).

But yeah, overall, the episode has plot holes and questions. Like how the hell does Dorium owe the Doctor?! Why only those people? The Doctor has many more debts that he can call in, why only try 6(dorium, vash, strax, pirates, the grav-bubble spitfires(Winston church, though never seen), and River(who didn't show up).)
Why would someone think a Time Lord is a weapon?! Anyone with half a brain would know that it is only the knowledge he possesses, not the DNA!? SO MANY QUESTIONS!!!

Ok, so, I think I kinda went nuts there. So I'm going to end it there and watch something from season 2.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:00 am
Isn't Dorium the same old, fat, blue guy from New Earth, way back when? The one whose life the doctor saved because they were treating him the wrong way? That was the first thing that sprang to mind when I saw him, anyway.

I think the Doc did probably just pick up the crib on a trip home one time. He was the sodding President of Gallifrey for a time, after all. Not like he couldn't come and go as he pleased.

Occasionally >.>  

Jettrick

Aged Noob

2,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200

The_Original_River_Song

Versatile Genius

6,100 Points
  • Tipsy 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 4:47 pm
Jettrick
Isn't Dorium the same old, fat, blue guy from New Earth, way back when? The one whose life the doctor saved because they were treating him the wrong way? That was the first thing that sprang to mind when I saw him, anyway.

I think the Doc did probably just pick up the crib on a trip home one time. He was the sodding President of Gallifrey for a time, after all. Not like he couldn't come and go as he pleased.

Occasionally >.>

Thank you! Finally someone agrees to me.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:15 pm
Jettrick

Occasionally >.>

But wasn't his blue skin part of his disease, the guy from New Earth? I swear he turned Caucasian again, when he was cured confused I dunno...plus I think that guy also had hair, and Dorium was bald.

Plasaar

Versatile Lunatic

13,625 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100

MadHatterzMouse

Magical Librarian

51,525 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 10:10 am
I think the fat, old guy from New Earth you're referring to is the Duke of Manhattan, and he was a member of the senate. But in Gridlock everyone in the senate died because of a virus in the Bliss drug, so he most likely was a casualty of that.

As for Dorium, his only appearance I know of is the one where he sold River a vortex manipulator "Fresh of the wrist of a Time Agent." Well, I guess he didn't actually get payment for that. But his debt owed to the Doctor is never really explained yet.  
The Doctor Who Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff