Pretty bad.
  Terrible!
View Results

SaphiraStar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:18 pm
Miss Marinara Sauce
Chaos Darkwing 559
Miss Marinara Sauce
I'm posting this theory now, in case it comes true; I want to make sure I said it beforehand. I didn't do that with my theory on who River was, and now I'm really pissed. stare

Anyway, I think that River is going to kill Rory. She kills the "greatest man she ever knew," and what little girl doesn't look up to her father? Plus, the writers seem to be iterating how awesome Rory is, with all this "Last Centurion" stuff. (He seriously was such a badass with the Cybermen, which was awesome!) The beginning of this episode got me, when Amy was like, "this man is your father." They seem to be making Rory comparable to the Doctor, so I wouldn't be surprised if River somehow kills her father, even unintentionally. Besides, did you see the look she gave him in Stormcage? That's not just seeing Daddy without him knowing who you are. That's a bit more like seeing Daddy after you killed him, 'cause your relative timelines are ******** up.

Good theory, but River kills a good man, she kills the doctor. She IS the girl in the space suit, and she shot the doctor. After all she is part time lord. It all adds up to River being the astronought and the girl who regenerates at the end of the america episode.

I think River was the little girl in the suit, but remember that she forced her way out of it in 1969. So we don't actually know who was in the suit when the Doctor was shot in 2011.

But the Silence had that Tardis thing so there could've been some time jumping going on. But I'm not sure if it would be her or not. I'm in a wait and see mood.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:29 pm
Miss Marinara Sauce
Chaos Darkwing 559
Miss Marinara Sauce
I'm posting this theory now, in case it comes true; I want to make sure I said it beforehand. I didn't do that with my theory on who River was, and now I'm really pissed. stare

Anyway, I think that River is going to kill Rory. She kills the "greatest man she ever knew," and what little girl doesn't look up to her father? Plus, the writers seem to be iterating how awesome Rory is, with all this "Last Centurion" stuff. (He seriously was such a badass with the Cybermen, which was awesome!) The beginning of this episode got me, when Amy was like, "this man is your father." They seem to be making Rory comparable to the Doctor, so I wouldn't be surprised if River somehow kills her father, even unintentionally. Besides, did you see the look she gave him in Stormcage? That's not just seeing Daddy without him knowing who you are. That's a bit more like seeing Daddy after you killed him, 'cause your relative timelines are ******** up.

Good theory, but River kills a good man, she kills the doctor. She IS the girl in the space suit, and she shot the doctor. After all she is part time lord. It all adds up to River being the astronought and the girl who regenerates at the end of the america episode.

I think River was the little girl in the suit, but remember that she forced her way out of it in 1969. So we don't actually know who was in the suit when the Doctor was shot in 2011.

Ahhh! That makes good logical sense! I will look into this.  

deleted_for_posterity

Tricky Genius

mvsaxamaphone08

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:33 pm
Chaos Darkwing 559
Miss Marinara Sauce

Doctor: "Good men don't need rules. Today's not the day to find out why I have so many." If he was a good man, he wouldn't need so many rules, so I think the good man being referred to is Rory.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2011 8:23 am
This episode was pretty much everything that irritated me about last year's finale done collossally and sensationally right. It *should* have been by all accounts a chaotic and cacophonous mess that went nowhere fast and completely failed to deliver but it turned out being extraordinarily wonderful. I loved that they brought back the Cybermen and Sontarans and Silurians and for once had the good grace to do something genuinely *unique* with them rather than just use them as faceless fodder. I loved damn near every scene with Matt Smith in it. I especially loved them finally doing something decent with Rory. And, of course, the idea of an episode called Let's Kill Hitler is deliriously wonderful.

Naturally I couldn't like everything in the episode or else the universe would implode. This week's negative points were the stupid River reveal/asspull and stupid River in general. Where does she get off calling the doctor out on causing all that trouble? Does she want him to *not* be a 'good man'? Pfft. Also, the title of the episode in general really irks me. I think it's a stupid name for an episode >.>

That and still no daleks this year. Ho hum :/

Of course those are tiny, insignificant niggles in the face of an episode that was mighty impressive. Loved it <3  

Jettrick

Aged Noob

2,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200

Miss Marinara Sauce

Dapper Dabbler

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:23 pm
Jettrick
That and still no daleks this year. Ho hum :/

To be honest, I was getting exhausted of the Daleks. The fact that they kept coming back, and kept being defeated, took any sort of threat they posed away. I think Moffat said they won't be back for series 7, either. I'm not really complaining, though. It gives him more time to build up a sort of quiet threat and to come up with a decent story for them, as opposed to last year's Victory of the Daleks. Their resemblance to the Power Rangers still irks me. stare  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:28 pm
Moffat also said 'a year is an awfully long time to wait for a dalek story when you're seven'. He's a big, fat u-turning eejit, he is.

I don't see how perpetually being defeated makes them any less a threat anyway. The doctor beats everything. Even Satan. That's the way it goes in the Whoniverse.

Anyway, back on topic. One other thing that irked me about the ep...why does River stay out of the Demon's Run business anyway? It's been mooted she didn't want to cross her own personal time stream but...surely this is the one incident in her life she should have no recollection of whatsoever and, if that *is* the cause, why the hell didn't she cut and run during the Impossible Astronaut? An event she surely must remember?  

Jettrick

Aged Noob

2,750 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • First step to fame 200

Miss Marinara Sauce

Dapper Dabbler

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2011 9:11 pm
Jettrick
Moffat also said 'a year is an awfully long time to wait for a dalek story when you're seven'. He's a big, fat u-turning eejit, he is.

I don't see how perpetually being defeated makes them any less a threat anyway. The doctor beats everything. Even Satan. That's the way it goes in the Whoniverse.

Anyway, back on topic. One other thing that irked me about the ep...why does River stay out of the Demon's Run business anyway? It's been mooted she didn't want to cross her own personal time stream but...surely this is the one incident in her life she should have no recollection of whatsoever and, if that *is* the cause, why the hell didn't she cut and run during the Impossible Astronaut? An event she surely must remember?

I think it was just part of her established timestream that she couldn't be there until the end. That was what she told Rory, and I think that she just didn't want to mess with it, and thus mess with time, ******** a lot of stuff up. Just because time can be rewritten doesn't mean she want to do that.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:07 am
This episode wasn't too bad. Kind of annoys me how 11 is reffered to as a warrior when personally I believe the warrior was 10. Either way, it never crossed my mind that River was Amy and Rory's kid. Personally I find it kinda creepy.
The Doctor's cradle is really quite cool though! *tries to imagine the Doctor as a baby*
And centurion Rory with attitude. Hot. heart  

iKillCaustic

Ruthless Hunter

18,040 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Nostalgic Scrapbooker 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Maeko-Hana

PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2011 7:25 pm
Jettrick

Well, think about it this way. The Doctor's Army was fighting to save her. Had they succeeded, she would have ended up a completely different child. So, instead of going to fight and potentially screwing up her own time line [or showing up, but only putting in half the effort, sort of "going through the motions", which would definitely incur the Doctor's wrath] She waited until things had calmed down to show up...How she would know when that would be and how to time it, I have no clue...but that's how I understood it.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:41 pm
I quite liked this episode. But I feel that I was thrown into it. It could have been interesting to have an episode with just the Doctor and Rory going about.

But if River now is Melody then would she not have known the spacesuit all along? She seemed surprised about it in the seaons begining. Sure she might have acted but still.  

Stingdragon

Shirtless Autobiographer

8,850 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100

SaphiraStar

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 6:46 pm
were there any other Americans who went scream towards the end at that half-assed attempt at fitting it into the time slot by speeding up the final fight/doctor running/river talking sequence. I think we all agree that we'd rather see less commercials than see everything going humorously fast through a scene that was supposed to be more serious than that.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:48 pm
SaphiraStar
were there any other Americans who went scream towards the end at that half-assed attempt at fitting it into the time slot by speeding up the final fight/doctor running/river talking sequence. I think we all agree that we'd rather see less commercials than see everything going humorously fast through a scene that was supposed to be more serious than that.
I noticed that too! I had watched it before it aired in the states, couldn't wait, too anxious...so I had seen it about 3 times before the night. I was staring at the screen like WTF!? It was all jerky and choppy when they sped it up, and it ruined the dramatic tension of the scene. I understand why they did it, but I 100% agree, give us less damn commercials! [I always think that about TV in general, way too much crap getting in the way of shows...but for this episode, they could have at least done a "limited interruptions" thing]  

Maeko-Hana

Miss Marinara Sauce

Dapper Dabbler

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2011 10:54 pm
SaphiraStar

Yeah, I wasn't sure if it was just me, but that was really bizarre!  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:27 am
Well the Child version of River Regenerated so who says that she would Remember the Space suite, We have to remember that Time Lords for Get things when the Regenerate not or very long but they still forget....Also she is Half Human so that also may be a Factor to the reason why she forgot, Humans aren't meant to Regenerate so That may have caused some memory Loss.

Now onto the Space suit that kills the Doctor, I don't think it's River Part of the reason why is That wouldn't make sense, Even though she "Kills a good man" (Which I have to admit I do think is Rory) Killing the Doctor Then Wouldn't get her sent to Storm Cage because it happened in 2011 and not in the 51st Century Which is a rough estimate of what Era River is spending her time in Storm Cage.  

Thowell3

Stingdragon

Shirtless Autobiographer

8,850 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Voter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:23 am
I still like the idea of the girl in the specesuit and River being two different persons. That would mean that there is still a huge question to answer.
The silent and the silence? Are they the same? Who was the voice in the last season? It didn't sound like the monsters we saw.  
The Doctor Who Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff