Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: Ultimate Roleplaying (NUR) [CLOSED]

Back to Guilds

A long-lived guild, filled with memories of a time long-gone. RIP NUR. 

Tags: naruto, roleplaying, jutsu, fantasy, discussion 

Reply -
Agony's Grounds (EXAM AREA) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

partymonk44

Shirtless Genius

5,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 5:47 pm
"No, first thing first, we need to relocate. If the opponent has arrived near the time of the bugs, then I believe it is safe to assume that he or she are of the Aburame clan. If so then those bugs could very well have been sent as scouts. Knowing that, if the opponent knows where we are now, moving above would give us the advantage of temporary surprise, and since he or she is alone, we can also eliminate him or her before their partner reaches the forest." Korumo finished his short tactical sway from the original plot, adjusting the situation to turn the opponents possible scouting capability into a reverse tracking.

The plan seemed stable to him, though he had not a clue just how close the enemy had come in so little time. He turned away from Yasha for a moment, in order to scan the area one last time, only to catch sight of the hurling projectiles. "TOO LATE!" Korumo roared, hastening his rotation to turn and hook an arm around Yasha's waist and run up the side of the tree branch. The kunai had come too close for him to perform a jutsu of defense, and basic strategy shows that the initial strike of an ambush is always the strongest.

Korumo's feet slapped against the tree side, as he rocketed towards the upper branches, dragging Yasha along with him. He knew that she too was capable of motion, but time was short, and she may not have been able to react from her relaxed state. As he predicted the kunai erupted into a ball of flame, severing the surface from beneath the two.

Once they reached the upper area of the trees, he let go of his companion, hoping he did not off set her in any way. The battle had begun. Korumo turned to face towards his opponent, who was likewise in clear view from their stand point.

"Kazanbai No Komo No Jutsu!" He blurted, after his hands wove several signs one after the other. A moment later Korumo took a deep breath, and spewed a large cloud of ashes around himself as well as Yasha. Once the ashes had settled, Korumo turned to his companion to speak. "The field is set, all we have to do is keep him at bay while I prepare." He announced, getting somewhat excited now that the clash of ninja was upon them. He turned once more to face his enemy.

User Image

Jutsu remaining 28/30  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:32 pm
Kamina H. K. Sosei xx+xxKumogakurexx+xxGenninxx+xxRokubi

▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀

User Image
"Just because the meaning of my name is Child of Love..."

His eyes stayed intent upon the movements of his enemies. That sucked in every little detail about them. The shinobi had glanced at him, at least more than once. It was a horrible decision. As soon as his eyes fell upon Kamina any bloodline which he had would be rendered useless. That was the main perk of Kamina's Kekkei Genkai, Bloodline Crusher. "Seems like that girl down there is pretty slow...or maybe just lazy," the Rokubi stated. 'Seems just so,' Kamina thought back. As of now Kamina planned to be the "good guy" and not attack the female until she decided to attack him. Right about now he planned to aim for the shinobi and the shinobi only.
The young shinobi snapped his fingers. When he did yellow sparks of electricity began to jump about his hand. Thanks to the Rokubi he was able to conjure up lightning and basically fire it at will. This was something that would surely become of use during this match.
Sosei pointed his finger at the tree. Suddenly a stream of yellow lightning ripped from his fingertip and shot at the bottom of the tree, lighting the tree ablaze. He then pointed his finger to the position of the two ninja. Another beam of yellow ripped through the air as it headed for the two ninja. If it did not strike them it would surely add on to the two other blazing fires created by the previous lightning strike and the kunai which he had thrown.
As of now the shinobi wished to render his opponents defenseless by giving them no place to seek out shelter. He would make sure to light every tree upon fire and make it so the two ninja had to fall to the glass spikes below. Their death would most likely be assured then. Even though death was not allowed within the exams the exam host could not pin their death to Kamina. Instead he'd have to blame himself for setting up such dangerous arenas.

"...Does not mean I won't murder you in cold blood!"

User Image

XxBlack_FlashxX

Shirtless Werewolf

partymonk44

Shirtless Genius

5,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:56 pm
(nice job, you set it up perfectly so that we could continue in Noa's absence.)

Korumo watched as a bolt of lightning jolted from his opponents fingertips, striking the thick trunk of the tree, which replied with a great groan, and setting it ablaze. It would appear he intends to drop us to the death pit below. His lightning may also become problematic. The young shinobi thought, swiftly he removed his katana from it's sheath, revealing the long metal blade's glinting steal. He then whirled it around to his front, striking downward into the tough wood of the tree. As a superior conductor, this katana should act as a lightning rod, forming a path for the electricity that is much easier to follow, thus diverting it into the already damaged tree.

It was to his great fortune that the opposing shinobi chose first to strike the tree, for Korumo did not have the speed required to avoid such a bolt from the beginning. Now however, he would have logical facts on his side, so long as he stood further away from his opponent than his blade was as well as remaining at the same altitude. As soon as Korumo's grip was removed from the white handled katana, a yellow bolt erupted from the shinobi's hand, blasting Korumo a few feet back upon the thick branch, and allowing his every hair to stand on end. Had he not been wearing a hood, he probably would have appeared ridiculous. As he had expected though, the yellow menace was guided into the tree through the conductive capabilities of his blade. There was still a severe problem however, for Korumo knew not how long the massive tree would stand, nor how long his blade could take the punishment, for it was now beginning to glow with heat. He could only hope that it was long enough.

User Image

Jutsu remaining 28/30  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:28 pm

User Image

His eyes narrowed down upon his opponent. "Someone likes to study science," he joked to himself. "Well then, let's see what I can do about this..." Kamina began to dig around in his shinobi pouch in search of something to come up with. "Bingo~" he said with a smile.
The child drew a kunai and a smoke bomb. With ease he began to intertwine the smoke bomb with the kunai with some metallic wire. An evil grin set upon his face as he worked. Finally he had succeeded in creating a type of exploding kunai which would create a smoke diversion. The teen drew another kunai which held an exploding tag. "I hope this works," he spoke to himself.
First Kamina threw the kunai attached to the smoke bomb. It would strike the tree and create a massive plume of smoke. As soon as the kunai exploded the shinobi chucked the exploding kunai into the plume. "Die," he muttered as the tag would erupt.
The boy had figured that his rival would have been expecting another lightning strike after the first two. Wrong. The boy was rather smart when he wanted to be. So far he had no thought of rushing into a close range fight, though that was his best way of fighting. The boy just had no plan on revealing his best form of fighting as of yet.
{{Short, I know.}}

User Image

XxBlack_FlashxX

Shirtless Werewolf

partymonk44

Shirtless Genius

5,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:28 pm
The feeling you have when you suddenly loose your sight is instinctive. When you can no longer see, and your enemy is out there with his eyes unobstructed, it is easy to feel the same way. If you rush out of the area that blinds you, you may rush into an attack that awaits you beyond. If you remain within the blindness, you may be following exactly what your opponent wants you to do. This realization leads to self doubt, and confusion, which both ultimately lead to fear. This is what Korumo felt as a shroud of smoke surrounded him.

Korumo crouched down upon the thick tree branch, hoping to make himself a more difficult blind target, if anything. Even though he slouched so low though, looking down through the thick fumes, he could not even see his feet before him. Suddenly, he felt a sharp pain in his leg, as the black tip of the steal kunai dug deep into his thigh, tapping against the bone as he cried out from the pain. Overwhelming nausea fell upon him, as his first real wound threw his body into shock. The disturbing facts continued to bombard him, as he went to remove the weapon from his body he spotted a piece of paper, burning away through the gathered smoke. Thinking quickly, Korumo let go of the explosive weapon, and reached into his rear pouch, lighting a spark among his own smoke bombs.

The real Korumo watched from a distance as an explosion erupted from within the thick cloud of smoke. He did not know weather it was the ember clone or the object that his enemy had thrown towards the cloud. Still it did not matter, Korumo continued to make his way towards his opponent, using every last bit of his training, and capability to remain unnoticed.

His plan seemed to have unfolded quite well. Back towards the beginning of the fight, when Korumo had emmited a cloud of ashes, he had decided to make an ember clone before the ashes settled. He then moved over to Yasha, where she had handed him two senbon needles now coated in the sleeping poison, as they had discussed previously. Finally he had slipped out of the plume of ashes, climbing down the back side of the tree down to the dark forest floor. The shinobi then continued by climbing up the other tree, in which he had seen his new found shinobi opponent, from his high perch.

Meanwhile, the ember clone made dialog with Yasha, informing her very loudly that the field had been set, in order to not only maintain the appearance that this fraud was in fact the real Korumo, but also to make it seem to his opponent that the ash cloud was only created for the purpose of supplying ash, by mentioning the idea of preparations. This false Korumo then made sure to defend himself from the oncomming blows, keeping the opponents attention by remaining alive within the ashes.

Korumo made his way to the upper levels of the tree swiftly yet silently, joining his fellow shinobi in the broad layer of canopy. Of course he would still not approach recklessly towards him. He made every use of both his training and his equipment in his stealth. He wore the armamento del assassuno, which hid both his scent, and his chakra from the outside world. He also was able to step quickly yet lightly, due to his training as an assassin, thus he made not a sound, not a vibration, and he could not be seen among the shadows behind his opponent. Korumo did worry for a moment however, that the smoke would dissapate too soon, and his rival would find that he was no longer there alive, but fortunately although his clone was only a tenth as powerful, he was every bit as intelligent as he was. The fake man had lit his remaining smoke bombs before his untimly demise, allowing the veil of smoke to linger for a decent length longer. While the young assassin made haste to strike.

As he gained ground, and became near enough to his opponent, Korumo sprinted the final length, and yet he did not use his feet. Instead, he utilized a technique that he himself had designed. By creating a buffer between his feet and the surface with his chakra, Korumo moved as swift as a bird, yet he remained as silent as still wind. He closed in on his target, reaching the mark of only a few remaining feet before he spoke. He whispered softly, though his opponent was now close enough to hear "Baindingu hai hōtai no jutsu" Immidiatly a rush of bandages formed by the ashes burst from his arm, spreading to a width, height, and thickness great enough so that even if this man was a member of the Aburame clan (as he had come to suspect) even the beetles would be caught in his trap. The bandages guided themselves around to grip him in their bind, with lightning fast pace...from only a few feet away. The only word that would come to Korumo's mind then was Surprise.

(( Long I know.....but I had to show every detail that went into the plan, otherwise you might have thought I was actually cheating. After all, I had planned this from the beginning....actually before then technically. I played it out like a chess match, forcing my opponent into position, and then making a move that they cant stop. I did give you hints to make it interesting, one was that I posted he had 28/30 of his jutsu remaining, and yet from your view it seemed he had only used one. Another was the dialog where he said "We just need to keep him at bay while I prepare." but by saying we, it showed that he would be helping, thus he would not be preparing in anything. I believe the last hint I gave you was that he did not appear to use the cloud of ash to get away, even though that is the pure reason for that particular jutsu. Yah, your gunna have fun with this fight))

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:05 pm

User Image

The first thing Kamina had heard, besides the shinobi's words, was the Rokubi's voice. "MOVE!" At the word Kamina shot forward with the use of the Rokubi's help, mostly his speed. To anyone around he would appear a not more than a flicker. The kid truly was "lightning fast". He seemingly appeared at the end of the branch, looking back at the trap he would have been in. "May I ask...what the hell was that?" he spoke as bugs began to pour down his hands. They began to form a thick shroud before Kamina. This allowed to shinobi the perfect cover he needed to get away from his opponent and gain space. Kamina drew to shuriken and sent them flying through the shroud of bugs. These weren't exactly meant to strike to strike the shinobi but if he had not moved he would've been struck. It was then that Kamina leaped diagonally down to a branch lower and off to the side than the one which he was currently on.
The entire time he kept his eyes on his opponent, making sure not to lose track of him. He held out one hand to the side as his bugs began to swarm back onto his arm. "Well aren't you a tricky one," Kamina muttered to himself as he quickly thought up his next move.
{{I left it this short for a purpose >.>, just in case you're wondering.}}

User Image

XxBlack_FlashxX

Shirtless Werewolf

partymonk44

Shirtless Genius

5,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:35 pm
Korumo chuckled to himself,mostly because his plan had come so close to success, though he did not hold back the laughter noticing that his opponent kept his eye on him the whole time.

"That my dear acquaintance is the iron grip of the Ash Bandages." He replied, moving the grey vine like forms instead to catch the shuriken mid flight. "I must say, I'm disappointed that your instincts are so incredible." He stated simply, speaking in a calm tone. "Well I suppose a quick win is a boring win. How did you notice me?" He asked, wondering if there was a way he could improve upon his stealth, or if it was something he could not improve to prevent. Korumo pocketed the two shuriken that were thrown his way, not feeling the need to waste them.

He needed a new plan now, one that would include the opposing shinobi's remarkable speed. "Well considering the jutsu I have at my disposal, two ration pellets, a pair of special gauntlets, two shuriken, two poisoned senbon needles, and a katana." He muttered to himself, assembling his new strategy. "I believe plan B should work nicely, though it will expend a lot of chakra." He noted with a soft voice, smirking at his opponent for show.

(I'm always wondering, and I'm always interested in why. *thinks frantically* ninja )

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:03 am

User Image

"It was your voice. That is what gave you away," the shinobi answered. He wanted to wait for his opponent to make the first move but that wasn't truly the wisest of ideas right now. He would have no idea what would be coming his way with his opponent this close to him.
The teen opened his mouth and allowed a small, blue butterfly to crawl out of it. The butterfly began to fly about before attaching itself to Kamina's back. Once attached it began to grow. It grew and grew until it had a wingspan of up to six feet.
Using his newfound "wings" Kamina shot up into the air and hovered up above his opponent. Another bug began to crawl from the shinobi's mouth. It was a beetle. Suddenly the beetle seemed to begin to disappear. As it did Kamina's body began to take on a new form. He began to grow an armor which resembled that of the beetles. After a short time the boy was completely covered in a protective shell. "What now, Mr. Assassin," he called out to his opponent with a nickname he had given him due to his surprise attack not so long ago.
Kamina floated about within the air due to his pet Choucho bet then landed upon the same branch as his opponent. "In case you're wondering these are my pets Choucho and Kabutomushi. Used together it seems as if I've become some odd creature, wouldn't you say?"

User Image

XxBlack_FlashxX

Shirtless Werewolf

partymonk44

Shirtless Genius

5,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:16 am
"It would appear so," Korumo replied, acknowledging the curious armor. "it doesn't entirely surprise me though, chakra can do just about anything after all." It was a good question for him to ask though What now? Korumo had to rethink his plan over once more, though it only took a moment for the solution to come to him.

Korumo weaved his hands into multiple jutsu signs before blurting the words "Kazanbai No Komo No Jutsu" and spewing a new cloud of ash around him. The ashes did not even settle before ten copies of the clever ninja appeared running out of the grey cloud. "Shall we treat this like a game then?" The Korumo's spoke in harmony. Each body climbed up the tree, before one leaped towards their opponent. "Round One!" He roared

(I think you'll find this strategy interesting as well)

User Image

Jutsu left 16/30 ration pellets not accounted for.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:37 am
Come with me in the twilight, to the shadows of my heart...

Yasha Hayato
Sasori Striker

Yasha observed as the two genin began to fight. She knew very well the things she had discussed with Korumo, it was a basic plan, but this opponent seemed to have some extraordinairy traits. Which she could do something about. Since both genin were only occupied with eachother, she summoned two wind clones. One she send to stand next to Korumo in a battle stance, kunai in her hand. The other one she send around, approaching Korumo from behind, while staying hidden. She herself went up in the tree untill she had positioned herself above Kamina. She waited for what would happen between the two of them.

- 1 ac rank jutsu( I'll post up my total once I have calculated it)

User Image
… where I cry for all that’s lost to me

Noa Hayato

7,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100

XxBlack_FlashxX

Shirtless Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:53 am

User Image

Kamina completely disregarded the clone charging at him and shot forward. He charged his opponents with no regard to himself at all. He formed a few handseals as he ran but nothing happened yet for he held the last seal as he continued his charge.
Roughly five feet away from his opponents his pet, Choucho, flapped its wings once. A gust of wind shot forth. It formed more of a tornado than anything else. The torrents of wind were capable of slicing and hacking through tree branches. One could only imagine what it would do to the unprotected human body.
{{Shorter and shorter they get...}}

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:14 pm
Many scattered at the charge of the enemy shinobi, each would turn and stop, taking positions around him, all except for the single Korumo that stood still in the path of the rushing winds. He did not flinch as the winds tore through his flesh, nor did he move as the cuts seemed to suddenly appear upon his body. The only way this Korumo reacted, was by exploding....violently. The eruption of the clone would push outward rapidly, spreading flames from where he stood. For the ninja whom stood only 5 feet away, this blast would at the very least shake him up. The False shinobi only smiled before his departure.

"Round two." The other nine cried out in unison. Each now held their blades extended from a single gauntlet, and a katana in each of their open hands. Five clones rushed in upon their new enemy, their blades leading the way. Each of the possible proximity bombs came at him from a different direction, each aiming to do some damage. One came from below, the clone that the enemy shinobi had avoided, one from each side right and left. One from the upper area of his front, and one from behind.Ashes then began to fall from the sky, in a steady manner, collecting upon each surface.

User Image

15/30  

partymonk44

Shirtless Genius

5,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200

partymonk44

Shirtless Genius

5,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:20 pm
(sorry about this but I almost forgot about something in the last post, and had to go back and edit. If you already read the post please go back and read the last sentence)  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:26 pm
Come with me in the twilight, to the shadows of my heart...

Yasha Hayato
Sasori Striker

The wind clone next to the clone of Korumo was caught in the explosion as well. Yasha smiled. She did not care, as she still remained hidden. The clone that was behind Kamina had also not uttered an attack yet and the move Korumo pulled was just something she could add to. She knew fire was made bigger by Wind.
''Fuuton: Shinkuutai Naihatsu (Wind Element: Air Pocket Bursts) '', her clone uttered before poofing away. Around Kamina, the air would burst into small gust of winds, funneling the explosion to do even more damage to the beetle using shinobi.
The real Yasha stayed where she was, but ashes were also coming in her direction. She knew they could be poisoness and damage her lungs, so she pulled her sleeve in front of her nose and mouth. She didn't care much about it, she could take care of it, if it did do damage to her.

User Image
… where I cry for all that’s lost to me

Chuunin can perform: 44+24-1=67
44 Academy Jutsu
35 Gennin Jutsu -1= 34
25 Chuunin Jutsu
10 Jounin Jutsu
1 S-Ranked Jutsu

Monthly bonus: 24  

Noa Hayato

7,000 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Window Shopper 100

XxBlack_FlashxX

Shirtless Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 12:56 pm

User Image

A small smirk appeared on the boy's face. "Kawarime no Jutsu," he whispered to himself as he relinquished his current handseal. He was gone in a shroud of smoke and an explosion of fire, thanks to his opponent's little trick.
The nine clones would find themselves caught within a second, unexpected explosion. Kamina had substituted himself with an exploding tag. He only had five left now and he'd have to use them wisely.
Now Kamina hovered above the entire exam battlefield. "What to do? What to do?" he said to himself. "Shock the living hell outta them!" the Rokubi encouraged. "Shall do," Kamina spoke with a smile.
He held out his hands and electricity began to charge up within each. 'Ready...and..' he began to think.
"Fire!" he spoke allowed as he shot strings of lightning into the forest below. Each of his ten fingers fired off a bolt of lightning into the same tree which the kunoichi and shinobi were. Most of his fire power was directed directly for them or what he thought was them. Anyway the tree was sure to be caught ablaze.

User Image

-

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out