View Results

Sakura Nashimara

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:43 pm
December Leaf
Sakura Nashimara
December Leaf
yes 4laugh

and ik... i want to go too gonk

I was hoping I'd luck out again and get picked to be a Warped Reporter a second time, but I just didn't luck out this year.
I am still curious about that though.
Can you win that survery-based contest more than once if the shows happen to be happening on different years?
to be honest, i never knew about this "warped Reporter" thing D;
it sounds so cool though... getting to go to warped tour for free? xd

Well, there's always next year :]
Yep. You also are allowed to stand on the stage during the set of one of the main stage bands. I had been planning to stand on stage while either All Time Low or Less Than Jake the year I was chosen as a Warped Reporter, but All Time Low only let family and friends onstage during their set, so I ended up standing on the side of the stage during Less Than Jake's set.
I left the stage three songs into their set however to catch the end of Bayside's set, because I wanted to see them perform more than I wanted to see Less Than Jake perform.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 3:49 pm
Sakura Nashimara
December Leaf
Sakura Nashimara
December Leaf
yes 4laugh

and ik... i want to go too gonk

I was hoping I'd luck out again and get picked to be a Warped Reporter a second time, but I just didn't luck out this year.
I am still curious about that though.
Can you win that survery-based contest more than once if the shows happen to be happening on different years?
to be honest, i never knew about this "warped Reporter" thing D;
it sounds so cool though... getting to go to warped tour for free? xd

Well, there's always next year :]
Yep. You also are allowed to stand on the stage during the set of one of the main stage bands. I had been planning to stand on stage while either All Time Low or Less Than Jake the year I was chosen as a Warped Reporter, but All Time Low only let family and friends onstage during their set, so I ended up standing on the side of the stage during Less Than Jake's set.
I left the stage three songs into their set however to catch the end of Bayside's set, because I wanted to see them perform more than I wanted to see Less Than Jake perform.
True, true. I wonder what bands there will be next year. How do you get picked anyways? ;o And that's pretty cool... but it sucks about not being able to go on stage with All Time Low.... Oh well surprised  

December Leaf
Captain

Lonely Survivor

Sakura Nashimara

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:05 pm
December Leaf
True, true. I wonder what bands there will be next year. How do you get picked anyways? ;o And that's pretty cool... but it sucks about not being able to go on stage with All Time Low.... Oh well surprised

I didn't mind it all too much. It was still a great show nonetheless :]

You provide your email address, name, and you list the show you want to attend on the tour prior to filling out three individual surveys. The surveys are long, but since you can go to Warped for free if you're chosen, it's worth the time.

Ten people who complete all three surveys prior to their final due date are chosen to attend each show of Warped as a Warped Reporter.
They are chosen at random as far as I'm aware.

When I got to the show and met up with the lady I was supposed to meet up with, I was given a handful of Warped Tour guitar picks and a PDA with a survey on it. I was to have as many people as I could accurately answer the survey for me. I was supposed to give them a guitar pick to thank them for their time. And that's what I did.

After that, they let the Warped Reporters into the venue early. You can check out the schedule for the day before a huge crowd is gathered around it, you can check out the merch and vendor tables that you want to check out prior to them getting bombarded by people, and you get to pick the band you want to watch perform from onstage at that point in time.

Warped Reporters don't get all access VIP passes.
Winners of the Living the Dream contest do, but there are very special circumstances you must meet to qualify for that contest. That's how I attended Warped last year. I won the Living the Dream contest for Orlando.
I kind of wish now that I had skipped applying for that contest last year and applied for it this year instead :/ There was only one band I really wanted to catch the set of last year: Four Year Strong.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:11 pm
Sakura Nashimara
December Leaf

I didn't mind it all too much. It was still a great show nonetheless :]

You provide your email address, name, and you list the show you want to attend on the tour prior to filling out three individual surveys. The surveys are long, but since you can go to Warped for free if you're chosen, it's worth the time.

Ten people who complete all three surveys prior to their final due date are chosen to attend each show of Warped as a Warped Reporter.
They are chosen at random as far as I'm aware.

When I got to the show and met up with the lady I was supposed to meet up with, I was given a handful of Warped Tour guitar picks and a PDA with a survey on it. I was to have as many people as I could accurately answer the survey for me. I was supposed to give them a guitar pick to thank them for their time. And that's what I did.

After that, they let the Warped Reporters into the venue early. You can check out the schedule for the day before a huge crowd is gathered around it, you can check out the merch and vendor tables that you want to check out prior to them getting bombarded by people, and you get to pick the band you want to watch perform from onstage at that point in time.

Warped Reporters don't get all access VIP passes.
Winners of the Living the Dream contest do, but there are very special circumstances you must meet to qualify for that contest. That's how I attended Warped last year. I won the Living the Dream contest for Orlando.
I kind of wish now that I had skipped applying for that contest last year and applied for it this year instead :/ There was only one band I really wanted to catch the set of last year: Four Year Strong.
Wow ;o

Thanks for all the information 4laugh

That sounds like fun... for the most part ;o

So you can only pick one band to see? . - .  

December Leaf
Captain

Lonely Survivor

Sakura Nashimara

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:19 pm
December Leaf
Wow ;o

No problem! ^_^ It was my pleasure.

Yep, it was pretty fun :]

Yeah. It's too late to be a Warped Reporter this summer, but you can give it a shoot next year. I wish the best of luck to you!

Or you can apply to be a Warped Reporter and enter the Living the Dream contest next summer. You have to be intensely ill with a life threatening disease during your childhood to be able to qualify for the Living the Dream contest however.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:33 pm
Sakura Nashimara
December Leaf
Wow ;o

No problem! ^_^ It was my pleasure.

Yep, it was pretty fun :]

Yeah. It's too late to be a Warped Reporter this summer, but you can give it a shoot next year. I wish the best of luck to you!

Or you can apply to be a Warped Reporter and enter the Living the Dream contest next summer. You have to be intensely ill with a life threatening disease during your childhood to be able to qualify for the Living the Dream contest however.
Uh oh... I never had a disease...

Might I be able to ask what happened with you? ;o
You said you went to the Living the Dream one I believe  

December Leaf
Captain

Lonely Survivor

Sakura Nashimara

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 4:57 pm
December Leaf

I don't mind telling you :]
I had cancer twice by the time I was fifteen years old. It was in the left frontal lobe of my brain. There was only one tumor, it grew intensely slow, and I was born with it.
My family and I didn't even realize I had anything wrong with me until I was nine. It had grown to the size of a walnut in its shell by then, and it had begun to push my brain up against my skull. It was quite painful.
I had 90% of it removed three days after my tenth birthday. 10% was left in because they were afraid that removing all of the roots would leave me with no memory and mentally handicapped due to the location of the tumors roots.
I was fine for five years, and since it didn't grow during that time period, I was pronounced cured. A routine checkup MRI taken of my brain after I was pronounced cured took that statement back, because they noticed a growth begin to grow back off of the tumors roots.
They opperated on me again when I was fifteen sometime in early October, and they removed the tumor and its roots, with margins. Luckily, my memory and my mental abilities were left undamaged.
During my second recovery, I came down with meningitis twice. Meningitis itself is a killer, so I suppose I can say I nearly died four times as a kid. The meningitis was caused by my spinal fluid mixing with the cleaning alcohol used on the instrumenrs they performed my second surgery with. My body viewed the cleaning alcohol as a foreign substance and over produced itself to get rid of it.
I had to have a spinal tap done for each case of meningitis. I'd take a brain surgery over a spinal tap any day of the week. Try to avoid those if you can.
I graduated high school with honors and as a member of both the National Honor Society and the National English Honor Society. My doctors like using me as their bragging case now, since it's a freakin' miracle that my mental skills and my memory were in no way negetively effected by their work.

You have to send in an essay describing your illness to win the Living the Dream contest, and I basically just rewrote mine for you xd I hope your sore eyes don't mind too much.
There's some really wicked awesome things that come along with winning the contest. You get to jump in the buffet line that the bands all eat from for free anytime you get hungry, you get free water, a Living the Dream rep takes you onto the stage for just about every band you ask to see perform, you get to meet Kevin Lyman, and you would get interviewed by the people on the John Lennon bus.
It was a really enjoyable experience for me last year, and I'm hoping all of the winners of that contest this year have as amazing of a time as I did last year at the Warped show they attend.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:03 pm
Sakura Nashimara
December Leaf

I don't mind telling you :]
I had cancer twice by the time I was fifteen years old. It was in the left frontal lobe of my brain. There was only one tumor, it grew intensely slow, and I was born with it.
My family and I didn't even realize I had anything wrong with me until I was nine. It had grown to the size of a walnut in its shell by then, and it had begun to push my brain up against my skull. It was quite painful.
I had 90% of it removed three days after my tenth birthday. 10% was left in because they were afraid that removing all of the roots would leave me with no memory and mentally handicapped due to the location of the tumors roots.
I was fine for five years, and since it didn't grow during that time period, I was pronounced cured. A routine checkup MRI taken of my brain after I was pronounced cured took that statement back, because they noticed a growth begin to grow back off of the tumors roots.
They opperated on me again when I was fifteen sometime in early October, and they removed the tumor and its roots, with margins. Luckily, my memory and my mental abilities were left undamaged.
During my second recovery, I came down with meningitis twice. Meningitis itself is a killer, so I suppose I can say I nearly died four times as a kid. The meningitis was caused by my spinal fluid mixing with the cleaning alcohol used on the instrumenrs they performed my second surgery with. My body viewed the cleaning alcohol as a foreign substance and over produced itself to get rid of it.
I had to have a spinal tap done for each case of meningitis. I'd take a brain surgery over a spinal tap any day of the week. Try to avoid those if you can.
I graduated high school with honors and as a member of both the National Honor Society and the National English Honor Society. My doctors like using me as their bragging case now, since it's a freakin' miracle that my mental skills and my memory were in no way negetively effected by their work.

You have to send in an essay describing your illness to win the Living the Dream contest, and I basically just rewrote mine for you xd I hope your sore eyes don't mind too much.
There's some really wicked awesome things that come along with winning the contest. You get to jump in the buffet line that the bands all eat from for free anytime you get hungry, you get free water, a Living the Dream rep takes you onto the stage for just about every band you ask to see perform, you get to meet Kevin Lyman, and you would get interviewed by the people on the John Lennon bus.
It was a really enjoyable experience for me last year, and I'm hoping all of the winners of that contest this year have as amazing of a time as I did last year at the Warped show they attend.
Oh my D:
You really have been through a lot as a child... But let me tell you- You are such a strong person. Really, you are. And I'm glad you were able to go to Warped Tour and I'm really glad you had such a great time. Another thing, you seem like such a nice, kind, and genuine person. You really deserve to go again. Thank you for trusting me enough to tell me. (:  

December Leaf
Captain

Lonely Survivor

Sakura Nashimara

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 5:42 pm
December Leaf
Oh my D:
You really have been through a lot as a child... But let me tell you- You are such a strong person. Really, you are. And I'm glad you were able to go to Warped Tour and I'm really glad you had such a great time. Another thing, you seem like such a nice, kind, and genuine person. You really deserve to go again. Thank you for trusting me enough to tell me. (:

Thank you so much :]
Oh, it was no problem. I've never really had an issue with sharing my medical history since a lot of people tend to ask me about it. My mom has a habit of mentioning it in casual conversation, so her friends along with new ones of mine that inquire about it have gotten me use to explaining what all I've been through medically.

If I can manage to make enough spare cash to afford a ticket to the St. Pete Warped show this year, I may be able to get a friend to drive me to it. I've still got about a month until Warped hits my town, and I have about $20 spare change right now, so if my schedule works in my favor I just might be able to afford a ticket to this years shows.
But, again, I never like counting my eggs before their in the basket. As of right now, as far as I'm concerned, I'm not attending Warped Tour this year.
If I can't get a ride from a friend I know is attending Warped this year I absolutely will not be able to attend it, so that's also a major factor in me not counting my eggs before their in their metaphorical basket.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 8:10 pm
Sakura Nashimara
December Leaf
Oh my D:

Thank you so much :]
Oh, it was no problem. I've never really had an issue with sharing my medical history since a lot of people tend to ask me about it. My mom has a habit of mentioning it in casual conversation, so her friends along with new ones of mine that inquire about it have gotten me use to explaining what all I've been through medically.

If I can manage to make enough spare cash to afford a ticket to the St. Pete Warped show this year, I may be able to get a friend to drive me to it. I've still got about a month until Warped hits my town, and I have about $20 spare change right now, so if my schedule works in my favor I just might be able to afford a ticket to this years shows.
But, again, I never like counting my eggs before their in the basket. As of right now, as far as I'm concerned, I'm not attending Warped Tour this year.
If I can't get a ride from a friend I know is attending Warped this year I absolutely will not be able to attend it, so that's also a major factor in me not counting my eggs before their in their metaphorical basket.
No problem at all :'D

Yeah, I probably, most likely, won't end up going to it either... Just with the way things are going. sweatdrop  

December Leaf
Captain

Lonely Survivor

Arianne Stark

8,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:55 pm
I want to see Anchor The Tide

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 10:22 am
All time siriano

Thank you for the link ^_^ I like their cover.

Here's one of The Dangerous Summer's song if you want to give them a listen.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K97Kok9_tdk&feature=related  

Sakura Nashimara

Arianne Stark

8,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:57 am
Sakura Nashimara
All time siriano

Thank you for the link ^_^ I like their cover.

Here's one of The Dangerous Summer's song if you want to give them a listen.
]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K97Kok9_tdk&feature=related

these people are cool thanks  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 11:58 am
All time siriano
these people are cool thanks

No problem! biggrin  

Sakura Nashimara

Music is Forever My Life

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash