Welcome to Gaia! ::

HighTail Cafe (Furry Guild)

Back to Guilds

HTC is your one stop for all things furry on Gaia! 

Tags: furry, anthro, anthropomorphic, LGBT, roleplay 

Reply Serious discussion & Rants
Therianthropy Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lazurkri

5,700 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:10 pm
And here I've figured out that my patron animals are eagles and lions. Were would that fit in?

Also, given advances in Genetic Engineering and Body Enhancements, how long do you think it is before someone splices animal DNA into their genome? Be interesting to see the reaction to people willingly become Parahuman.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:49 pm
Getting this out there now before I say what I want to say. I'm not saying this to be mean. This is what I've learned and believe.

Through reincarnation yes someone could have been an animal in a past life. Thing is you're a human in this life so why does it really matter?
(Note: I feel the same way about people who identify as Otherkin too)

And a note on the patron thing. Its not what you guys think it is by what I've been reading. Connecting with something/someone is not the same as that being your patron.

Quote:
pa·tron   /ˈpeɪtrən/ Show Spelled[pey-truhn] Show IPA
noun
1. a person who is a customer, client, or paying guest, especially a regular one, of a store, hotel, or the like.
2. a person who supports with money, gifts, efforts, or endorsement an artist, writer, museum, cause, charity, institution, special event, or the like: a patron of the arts; patrons of the annual Democratic dance.
3. a person whose support or protection is solicited or acknowledged by the dedication of a book or other work.
4. patron saint.
5. Roman History . the protector of a dependent or client, often the former master of a freedman still retaining certain rights over him.
From dictionary.com

So in essence you'd have to worship said animal and the spirits of those animals would contact you to form a patronage.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

Halcyon III

Dapper Millionaire

8,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:20 pm
Lazurkri
And here I've figured out that my patron animals are eagles and lions. Were would that fit in?

Also, given advances in Genetic Engineering and Body Enhancements, how long do you think it is before someone splices animal DNA into their genome? Be interesting to see the reaction to people willingly become Parahuman.
I was thinking the same and I would be the first in line for it (if prices are reasonable...), but I don't think I'd live to see the day. Cryo-sleep might help... cat_xp

Anyway, I've heard of scientists talk about using animal traits to increase survivability but not straight up making people anthro... but there's always hope.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:05 pm
i dont know about being an animal trapped in a human body, but i feel less comfortable saying that im human than when i say im not human.  

OddeoFreq

Familiar Gaian

SC Rammstein

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 4:00 am
X-Yami-no-Ko-X
Getting this out there now before I say what I want to say. I'm not saying this to be mean. This is what I've learned and believe.

Through reincarnation yes someone could have been an animal in a past life. Thing is you're a human in this life so why does it really matter?

And a note on the patron thing. Its not what you guys think it is by what I've been reading. Connecting with something/someone is not the same as that being your patron.

Quote:
noun
1. a person who is a customer, client, or paying guest, especially a regular one, of a store, hotel, or the like.
2. a person who supports with money, gifts, efforts, or endorsement an artist, writer, museum, cause, charity, institution, special event, or the like: a patron of the arts; patrons of the annual Democratic dance.
3. a person whose support or protection is solicited or acknowledged by the dedication of a book or other work.
4. patron saint.
5. Roman History . the protector of a dependent or client, often the former master of a freedman still retaining certain rights over him.
From dictionary.com

So in essence you'd have to worship said animal and the spirits of those animals would contact you to form a patronage.

Look at number 5. It says, 'The protector of a dependant or client, often the former master of a freedman still retaining certain rights over them.' It's more or less saying that he or she watches over you, which I believe that the wolf does.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:13 am
RammingStone
X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Quote:
noun
4. patron saint.
From dictionary.com

Look at number 5. It says, 'The protector of a dependant or client, often the former master of a freedman still retaining certain rights over them.' It's more or less saying that he or she watches over you, which I believe that the wolf does.
You still need to be contracted for it to be a patronage.
What number 5 is talking about is when people were able to basically own other people kind of like slaves.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

Aakosir

Dangerous Businesswoman

7,600 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:12 am
I learned about therians long after I felt the sort of connection, so I would say I am. It was kind of a light bulb that come on once I learned about it and I had the "so that's why" feeling. I know a lot of older therians are very quick to judge the younger ones and tell us "no, you're not therian", but how do they know this? They do not know us personally and they very rarelly give us a chance. Besides, why do we have to prove ourselves to them?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:28 pm
((This is Nandoral, using a mule account.))

I'm not exactly sure if I would be considered therain or not. From a spiritual/religious aspect, I know I haven't always been human. In one of my past lives, I was an owl, though not completely sure what species. I also know that something inside me is far from human. It's a bit hard to explain. It's not a constant feeling, but it's one I've been trying to attatch myself to and be like a bit more often, just with more control. It mostly comes out when I'm overly angery, which is hard to get me to that point. Even though I'm aware of everything around me and have full memory of it, everything about me changes other than my appearence. My voice deepens into a nearly demonic growl, and my first thought isn't to punch or kick. I automatically start biting and 'clawing' at the person, trying to rip off their flesh in every way. I know there's some kind of animal inside me, an extremely vicious one that only comes out when I need to protect myself. What it is exactly, I'm not sure, and I want to tame it to the point where I can control it better and don't end up badly hurting someone. It also wouldn't hurt to have that fealessness on a more daily basis. It would help me have more fun in life lol  

Loves Last Song

blazewing2010

6,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:22 pm
Zuri-kai
So I'm going out on a limb here in posting this thread. I've been chastised too many times before for this but I like to try and maintain hope that there are people out there who might be more open minded than the general populous.

I know this is a furry guild but I'm curious to see how many people here know about therianthropy (or possibly even are therian themselves).

For those who don't know, the generally accepted term for Therianthropy is a person who identifies themselves as a non-human animal, generally in a spiritual or psychological way. Please don't confuse this with simply having a fursona. Theranthropes actually see themselves as the animal they identify with, just trapped in a human body.

This differs from furry fandom in that a therian doesn't choose their animal self and a therian will experience "shifts" be they mental, phantom, dream or astral (if you believe in such things). Some actually believe they can undergo physical shifting but most of the therian community dismiss these as wild fantasies.

So now I'm curious to get everyone here's feedback.
Just to say though, please refrain from blatantly offensive statements like, "ah yes, the furs that forget to take their anti-psychotics." or "You can stop pretending to be animals. You're humans". -_-
Not sure if you're still around or not, but I am a therian. Shoot me a PM if you want, I'd love to talk on the subject  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 11:12 pm
Lazurkri

Actually, gene splicing and biochemistry are my favorite science topics to research ^=^ I wanna major in both of them. Although I have a small lab in my basement, I have yet to get my hands on actual advanced lab-based machines and materials to work with..
I'm a "slightly" insane fennec, ignore me. sweatdrop [unless of course I actually DO end up finding a way to genetically engineer a "safe" way to morph human and animal DNA.. then I'd be popular for human transmutation and there'd be more chimera's in the world!.. and a newly mutated fox body to go along with the already-mutated brain my friends would have to deal with ^=^ ]

**I am a proud Therian!**
That, and my close wiccan community[my coven] have actually confirmed of my spiritual resemblance to that of the fennec. Half of them are furies and//or Therian themselves so I feel very comfortable discussing it ^=^

I also have a borderline-personality disorder.. so I also feel kinda split, but I distinctly feel of Palagic//Lepord[hybrid] shark bloodline[as Nandoral's mule account has stated, its untamed and kinda a "self-defense" in a way, yet I know its not me] because it always takes charge when I'm in front of an audience alone, or getting in a fight. He's very Satanic and "no rules apply" kinda guy. Then there's the raven.. he likes to talk similar to now.. he's the personality most everyone sees and is almost never serious. He's the shameless class-clown and a "break the rules for fun" kinda guy.

They're all apart of me, and center around my core personality; the fennec fox. I know they're different because.. well. You can't really explain having multiple people inside you.. its like watching a movie and no matter how many times you hit your head against the screen you never get any closer.. umm.. when they take over its what some call an "out of body experience" like I'm looking down at my figure[sorta dream-like, but i know im not dreaming] and connected to it like its a puppet, but its not my actions its preforming no matter how many times I try to make it stop or do something different. sweatdrop sometimes I don't even remember doing these things that they did.. and pay for it later.

and actually, looking up at my first paragraph.. Jorge[raven] is in fact a little insane in the head.. also, usually when I talk like this I get a lot of those common comments "why'd they let you out of the insane asylum??," "go get the pills your doctor prescribed, THEN we'll talk" I'm pretty sure we've all got thrown at us from time to time..

EnigmaCondemned_Llawliet

Far Off Noise

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 5:32 am
X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Just fyi, most neo-pagans and other people who talk about "patron" gods, goddesses, or spirits refer to them in a similar way that one might speak of a patron saint. That is, a being who can be prayed to or asked for guidance and love. I do think RammingStone/Lazurki might be misusing the word, but I think that is probably because of the context in which other people have used the word to somewhat stretch its meaning and use. Many neopagans will refer to their "patron" Deity, when they mean the Deity they feel most drawn to and worship.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:01 am
Far Off Noise
Just fyi, most neo-pagans and other people who talk about "patron" gods, goddesses, or spirits refer to them in a similar way that one might speak of a patron saint. That is, a being who can be prayed to or asked for guidance and love. I do think RammingStone/Lazurki might be misusing the word, but I think that is probably because of the context in which other people have used the word to somewhat stretch its meaning and use. Many neopagans will refer to their "patron" Deity, when they mean the Deity they feel most drawn to and worship.
I know how most people use the word nowadays. And in the context you're talking about how they tend to misuse matron as well. In certain situations I will inform a person when they are misusing something. Like with EnigmaCondemned_Llawliet's post. This isn't exactly the place to find out if their coven is in fact Wiccan and/or start a war over it.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

EnigmaCondemned_Llawliet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 8:01 pm

No wars here, just love, support, and searches for knowledge. ;3

To Yami:
Although I am curious to how you came to phrasing it as such. o.o' a possible miscommunication on my part??

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 11:57 pm
Wicca and Wiccan are commonly misused words. Most people think that Wiccan=witch when Wicca is a fertility religion.
While yes all Wiccans are witches not all witches are Wiccan
And when I said something about starting a war over it people start getting very defensive and start arguing when someone tells them that the title they've been using is the wrong one.  

X-Yami-no-Ko-X

Hallowed Prophet

11,850 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Timid 100

EnigmaCondemned_Llawliet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 1:21 pm

I only argue when I know I'm right, and thank you for clearing things up for me. ^=^
Agreed, I find that to be true of most people as well.

Yes, we[as in my coven] are of wizards//witches here, and we are of the Wiccan//Pagan[using the definition: An adherent of a religion other than Judaism, Christianity, or Islam] faith, religion, however you'd like to say it.

Serious discussion & Rants

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff