Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
A deal with the Devil? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Can you really rule in Hell?
  Only a fool's dream.
  Possibly...but it will be hard.
  You'll be some higher demon's girlfriend. O.O
View Results

xXAtrum_animusXx

Fashionable Werewolf

5,400 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:26 am
you do know the reason why we avoid demons right?  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:30 pm
That half-demon spell doesn't seem very legitimate to me. I've actually never seen a spell on spellsofmagic.com that seemed like it would do what it said it would when it comes to grandiose claims like becoming a half-demon.

You can use Divine Authority when scrying an entity because you are calling it forth to a nearby area of the astral plane and then using the scrying tool to see and communicate with it. You speak with authority during the conjuration and when commanding the entity regardless of whether you're doing an astral or a physical evocation.

I feel like you may be imagining the use of Divine Authority to be a lot more special than it actually is. We're all a piece of the Source and therefore we can channel that power and authority when in the right state of mind.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Battle: KO 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:01 pm
Alza lee
you do know the reason why we avoid demons right?
Yes and that is why I wish to know more. If a person is capable of becoming a demon or using demonic forces in this world, I wish to be ready to retaliate against those foolish enough to test me. I will not become the victim of someone's evil. I shall have my vengeance, so help me God.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:05 pm
Obscurus
That half-demon spell doesn't seem very legitimate to me. I've actually never seen a spell on spellsofmagic.com that seemed like it would do what it said it would when it comes to grandiose claims like becoming a half-demon.

You can use Divine Authority when scrying an entity because you are calling it forth to a nearby area of the astral plane and then using the scrying tool to see and communicate with it. You speak with authority during the conjuration and when commanding the entity regardless of whether you're doing an astral or a physical evocation.

I feel like you may be imagining the use of Divine Authority to be a lot more special than it actually is. We're all a piece of the Source and therefore we can channel that power and authority when in the right state of mind.

I agree, but better safe than sorry. Every fool has at least one wise thought in life.

Ah, I see now. It's funny when I think of it. Pretending I'm some kind of higher level being, speaking with a deeper voice to get the point across.

I know, it just seems to be too strange to me. For beings of such...potential in both good and evil to be given an amount of power from our creator. It just seems too dangerous. The source is wise, but I still question.  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:39 pm
Dalcain
Obscurus

I agree, but better safe than sorry. Every fool has at least one wise thought in life.

Ah, I see now. It's funny when I think of it. Pretending I'm some kind of higher level being, speaking with a deeper voice to get the point across.

I know, it just seems to be too strange to me. For beings of such...potential in both good and evil to be given an amount of power from our creator. It just seems too dangerous. The source is wise, but I still question.

Like a lot of things in the occult, you kind of have to do it in order to get a deeper understanding of it. A lot of this stuff sounds silly if you just take it at face value.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 6:52 am
Obscurus
Dalcain
Obscurus

Like a lot of things in the occult, you kind of have to do it in order to get a deeper understanding of it. A lot of this stuff sounds silly if you just take it at face value.
Indeed. This is quite the find.

On the joking side, expect to see flying cars in the next few months.  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 7:17 pm
Dalcain
Obscurus
Dalcain
Obscurus

Is that a scrying joke or am I missing something? sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:37 pm
Obscurus
Dalcain
Obscurus
Dalcain
Obscurus

Perhaps it is. More like half and half. I'm making a joke about using what I've learned about scrying and Divine Authority to make technological advancements in the future. Of course I doubt that, but still.  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:40 pm
Dalcain
Obscurus
Dalcain
Obscurus
Dalcain
Obscurus

Perhaps it is. More like half and half. I'm making a joke about using what I've learned about scrying and Divine Authority to make technological advancements in the future. Of course I doubt that, but still.

Ah, okay. I didn't think I was getting it. rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 8:44 pm
Obscurus
Dalcain
Obscurus
Dalcain
Obscurus

Ah, okay. I didn't think I was getting it. rofl
Only proves you've got the skills to identify. Let life flow! XD  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 2:59 am
alright, here's a few things I have to say on it.

I dunno about any of this "become half demon" bullshit, or ruling in hell or whatever. but copying anime is not a way to go about doing things. it tends to complicate the issue, whether it works or not.

now, as for Souls, you'd be surprised th epower it can have. influencing even a single individual can be amazingly effective if done with the proper finesse. my Soul has passed hands a few times already.

true, it isn't a perfectly binding situation on it's own; you still have the same willpoweras before. the problem lies in the fact that when someone else has possession of your Soul they are able to manipulate you so much easier because of the direct connection. Spells can be cast, demands can be made, and consequences for disloyalty can be severe.

I wouldn't suggest bargaining with Souls; muddy business, that.

anywho, Demons; something I've done once, and will never do again, is to actually summon and bind a Demon into my own self. I merged with it, combined my essence with it's. that doesn't make me "half-demon", and it doesn't make meany more a minion of Hell.

but here's a warning. it could have easily gone wrong, and in so many ways. I was determined to gain power, and I made sure to subdue any actually merging of personality. I am myself, though my more Beastly aspects have become more intense. but it was very possible that it could have gone the other way around, or even that neither of us would be the same person ever again, instead fusing into a single identity.

also, I could have botched the whole thing entirely and set a fiend on the loose to cause mayhem. or I could have left open a way for even more things to come thorugh. no matter how many layers of Circles I cast there is always room for error, and when working with demonic forces their is no excuse for disaster.

so, if your going to keep having the childish notions that theorizing on the possible accuracy of anim is grounds for dangerousexperimentation, I won't go easy on you if I find out about anything going wrong.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 8:21 am
Chieftain Twilight

I dunno about any of this "become half demon" bullshit, or ruling in hell or whatever. but copying anime is not a way to go about doing things. it tends to complicate the issue, whether it works or not.

now, as for Souls, you'd be surprised th epower it can have. influencing even a single individual can be amazingly effective if done with the proper finesse. my Soul has passed hands a few times already.

true, it isn't a perfectly binding situation on it's own; you still have the same willpoweras before. the problem lies in the fact that when someone else has possession of your Soul they are able to manipulate you so much easier because of the direct connection. Spells can be cast, demands can be made, and consequences for disloyalty can be severe.

anywho, Demons; something I've done once, and will never do again, is to actually summon and bind a Demon into my own self. I merged with it, combined my essence with it's. that doesn't make me "half-demon", and it doesn't make meany more a minion of Hell.

but here's a warning. it could have easily gone wrong, and in so many ways. I was determined to gain power, and I made sure to subdue any actually merging of personality. I am myself, though my more Beastly aspects have become more intense. but it was very possible that it could have gone the other way around, or even that neither of us would be the same person ever again, instead fusing into a single identity.

also, I could have botched the whole thing entirely and set a fiend on the loose to cause mayhem. or I could have left open a way for even more things to come thorugh. no matter how many layers of Circles I cast there is always room for error, and when working with demonic forces their is no excuse for disaster.

so, if your going to keep having the childish notions that theorizing on the possible accuracy of anim is grounds for dangerousexperimentation, I won't go easy on you if I find out about anything going wrong.
Lol. I know better than to trust fiction. Anime only inspired me to ask the question. It was my roaming around that inspired the question itself. XD

Merging? Someone spoke of that in the website in the link. Many of them claimed to be demons and advised against trying to be one, saying it hurts and blah blah blah. But one of their methods was to instead summon a demon and merge.

What could be the "very worst" thing to happen if a human merges with a demon completely?  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2011 3:39 pm
Dalcain
Chieftain Twilight

Lol. I know better than to trust fiction. Anime only inspired me to ask the question. It was my roaming around that inspired the question itself. XD

Merging? Someone spoke of that in the website in the link. Many of them claimed to be demons and advised against trying to be one, saying it hurts and blah blah blah. But one of their methods was to instead summon a demon and merge.

What could be the "very worst" thing to happen if a human merges with a demon completely?

it's a matter of perspective. what's bad to one person may not be bad to the other.

anyway, it does hurt. alot. for a few days at the least.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:56 pm
Chieftain Twilight
Dalcain

it's a matter of perspective. what's bad to one person may not be bad to the other.

I see. Is there any benefit to merging with a demon? Or is it just a lot of pain for those few days and nothing more than trinket from the afterlife?  

Taigamma

Shadowy Paladin

8,850 Points
  • Survivor 150

Chieftain Twilight

Loyal Rogue

14,550 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 8:11 pm
Dalcain
Chieftain Twilight
Dalcain

I see. Is there any benefit to merging with a demon? Or is it just a lot of pain for those few days and nothing more than trinket from the afterlife?

more potential, maybe... and then of course the fact that you have demonic nature added to you... it'll be noticable, which is circumstantially good or bad... so, nothing realy worthe th erisks.  
The Occult Research Society

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff